Tidal HiFi

Any of you use this shit?

Signed up for three months of Spotify ($0.99) after What shutdown and am considering subbing to a streaming service. Is Tidal HiFi worth it? I have a decent mid-fi desktop listening setup (Schiit Stack2 > HE400i) and a decent FLAC library, but limited options for expanding it.

human ear can only hear at 33 fps tho

It's worth it if you have a decent audio set-up

>Jay Z placebo

Just rip cd's or torrent man

I was a member of what.cd (rip) but since it's demise I haven't found a solid replacement.

Audio setup listed in OP, Schiit Modi into Magni2Uber into HE400i or K7xx cans.

>rip cd's
Yeah, it's so much fun watching bars move along your screen. Over, and over, again.

anyone else use this?

Apple has lossless and it's the best. I rip all my cd's in apple lossless. Oh? What's that? You steal all of you're music because you don't listen to anything worth buying? Oh.

autism

If you don't share, you're not sharing enjoyment with anyone, which means you're an autist who sits in his bedroom listening to music on his own.

>I was a member of what.cd (rip) but since it's demise I haven't found a solid replacement.
APL and PTH both have interviews open now.

just join PTH
interview.passtheheadphones.me

>PTH
Yeah, I might interview in a bit, was hoping to source an invite however.

>APL
Haven't heard the best things about this one...

>NotWhat
Maybe next time...

better jump in the que right now for PTH interviews
don't put it off

>streaming
>stealing
pick one, and read the OP next time

Streaming? I'm not stealing officer, I'm just streaming this album on my iPod. I don't actually own it. To own something means it would have to be in my possession but what is possession if all the particles in the universe never touch?

I've always attended shows and bought merch from bands I wanted to support. Seems the best way to go about it now-a-days with streaming being so ubiquitous.

Wrong. Buzz.

Officer, I buy from Walmart all the time. I should have to buy this item, do it? But but I bought bananas and apples, do I really need to buy this orange? Walmart makes enough off live concerts? I don't owe them anything. They're lucky I even like them.

Tidal doesn't really have the selection of Apple/Google/Spotify, so I wouldn't consider it a viable alternative. If you're absolutely hell-bent on lossless, then torrenting is your only option. Personally, I've gone to streaming for the sheer convenience of it, which is IMO worth so much more than the miniscule quality difference.

How's special education working out for you?

Convenience is 10/10, it just feels weird to pay for access rather than collecting my own library.

Mainly wondering if those with decent HiFi setups find it worth subbing to Tidal HiFi over an MP3 only service with a bigger library like Spotify.

At least I make enough money to own a copy of every album I listen to (: and enough money to make my own music.

Any artist wouldn't have nearly as many listeners/fans and by extension concert sales if people didn't pirate their music. It's the most effective way to increase the size of your audience.

Great comparison though, comparing tangible goods like fucking fruit at a store to the music industry.

>30 DAY FREE TRIAL
30 DAY FREE TRIAL
>30 DAY FREE TRIAL
30 DAY FREE TRIAL
>30 DAY FREE TRIAL
30 DAY FREE TRIAL
>30 DAY FREE TRIAL
30 DAY FREE TRIAL
anyone tried it?

Oh yeah? I didn't need to steal any music that I love. Excuses are excuses for the devil, the god knows how you really feel.

The Beatles didn't need their albums stolen to be the most famous band on earth. Making copies of the dark side of the moon cassette to give your friends to listen to in their cars wasn't the same as what happens now. Led Zeppelin didn't need pandora or Spotify or Pirate Bay.

No. I wouldn't say I'm an obscure-fag, but the selection is or at least was (6 months ago) really not great. You'll end up paying for Tidal and torrenting, so might as well just torrent away. If you can be at peace with listening to lossy on a good system, then just go for normal streaming. You're likely going to miss some rare stuff anyways, but there's a difference between uploading ~10 albums to Google Play or ~150 albums to Tidal.

Yeah, you also can't upload music missing on Tidal as opposed to A/G/S. You'll have to store and manage it separately.

Hoarding is autistic.

Try this one.

Beyoncé. How many of her fans actually know how to torrent her music? How many actually purchase it off iTunes?

The most successful musicians of today have their music purchased.

Buy music or gtfo. If you were an artist that took their lives seriously you would agree with me. You can't pay teachers enough just like you can't pay musicians enough.

How about this. Don't you love the feeling of having a music library all unorganized with files from random sources? Compressed and tinkered with. Wouldn't you just rather simplify the equation and have the CD and upload it straight into iTunes with apple lossless? It's nice and perty that way. Organized. I own the music. When I meet my favorite bands I'll say yeah I spent my hard earned money on your music because it means something to me. Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

I just like listening to music

>preaching paying for things on a board full of autistic teenagers living off their parents' money

Well that's the thing... I do like having my own library, which is why I'm struggling with the idea of paying for a streaming service.

But I don't give a shit about your idealistic 'ownership' values, I like collecting on my own terms.

Wow, what a quality contribution.
I would have never guessed someone who likes music would be posting on the music board.

You can't shame me

>Implying people on Sup Forums like music

>implying
>2017
Your memes are over 9000. You win the internets, sir.

You're stealing from people you "like" and "look up to". All of you are acting very disrespectful. Shame on you and your parents that let you live at their house.

Go form a band and come back and tell me how it goes. Remind me of how you don't care about people that steal your music.

Think about it. Rewind 50 years. You make an album. It gets turned into a physical copy. Only. You want to listen to it? You better buy that physical copy.

Don't use the radio as an example to make yourself feel better because I think the radio is disgusting.

>not organizing and tagging shit yourself

Do you buy cds before listening to an album? No surely?
Why not just torrent and go out of your way to buy a cd for yourself or as a gift if you particularly wish to support an artist.
Why are you limiting yourself to listening to only music by artists you already want to support

redditor detected

What???? Of course I buy CD's before I torrent them because torrenting never happens. What the fuck? You're all on meth. Privaged little faggots that think they're entitled to anything they want.

Can't believe Hov paid shills to invade Sup Forums baka

Why not just pay for the food you like and steal all the fruits and vegetables.

Don't like my food comparison? Try making a living and buying food while people are just stealing your music because they think you're ok without their privileged help.

The fact that you are listening to more music than you can afford makes you... you know, you wouldn't even understand because you obviously don't care.

I use google play music. It streams 320k mp3s, The most appealing thing about this is that I can use gmusicproxy to grab the original mp3s instead of just streaming them. If you're Sup Forums minded it's truly the best option.

>doesn't know of post-ironic pseudo-memes
>calls others "redditor"

Thief! Off with his head!

redditor confirmed

Just because I use streaming services that pay the artists a tenth of a cent each time I listen to their songs doesn't mean I am a thief. I make sure they get paid what they deserve.

you were just using irony

Already using google music with most of my library uploaded, however, without joining APL or PTH I have limited options for expanding said library.

Hence why I'm considering subbing to a streaming service.

Google Play Music is a streaming service. Since you're already using the app adding the paid all access service might be a good idea.

>Already using google music
>considering subbing to a streaming service
Stop being a fucking jew and sub to GPM. Literally a thread about nothing.

I'm using the free version of it, it's fine. I'm wondering if people who have used Tidal HiFi find it worth over another streaming service, zzz.

The question is whether the HiFi service worth over other streaming services.

Just rip CD's or use kektracker

That's how much NASA makes. A tenth of a cent per tax dollar. This is why America isn't the leading country on the planet anymore. The citizens are dumb as fuck. You are all dumb as fuck. Dumb. As. Fuck. You. Are. Dumb. As. Duck

I've used it before and honestly streaming FLAC is a novelty. Unless you have the ability to grab the FLAC files themselves, encode them to whatever format you want, and archive them there's not much use. Especially if you plan on doing most of your streaming on mobile.

The paid version of GPM is great, the mp3s are all encoded with Lame and the quality is great.

We all know user. Our president elect ended his golden shower related press conference last week with his reality show catch phrase, We are beyond fucked.

What the fuck do you mean by "worth"? It's much less convenient than other services. But you can stream in lossless. But there's much less shit to stream. That's it.

Hey as someone who has had all 3 service, in my opinion if you have an iphone get apple music, they have a good library and its integrated really well, and its really easy to get it for the $5 student price.

If you have an android 100% get spotify its cheaper and you have a bigger catalog and it works really well with their os

Tidal is kind of just middle of the road, like streaming in flac is pretty tough unless you live in a big city and cramming your phone with flac files downloaded from a service isnt really worth, it torrent what you want in flac and stream the rest.

>Dumb. As. Duck

That's what happens when you don't change the keyboard on your phone the minute you get it.

Fuck that, for $60 a year you can join Vox Loop, which lets you upload your entire library (unlimited) to their servers without any compression or format restrictions, and then stream it on your computer or iOS device.

I could set something like that on my own server way cheaper than that.

Cheers, thanks for the input.

Makes sense, thank you.

I subbed to GPM when it released and use it to manage podcasts and my uploaded library mostly, I subbed to Spotify for 3 months at 0.99 when What shut down to try that out, and have been fairly happy so far but wanted to get some other opinions before subbing to one service over another.

I actually put a little duck emoticon too but it didn't show up. I did it on purpose.

What is APL purpose at the moment? If I don't find something on rutrack or on some blog, then I don't find it on APL either. Must I just wait until it grows?

>and enough money to make my own music.
And the number of persons that gives a fuck is still zero.

>You're stealing from people you "like" and "look up to"
not so fast