During "Ultralight Beam" around the time where Chance says "Somewhere I can feel Safe"...

During "Ultralight Beam" around the time where Chance says "Somewhere I can feel Safe", you can hear a Counter Terrorist from CS:GO shout "Flashbang!"

What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/a/this-hidden-counter-strike-sample-on-kanye-west-s-ultralight-beam-will-blow-your-mind
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never realised this before user, but upon relistening i can hear it so clearly, thanks :)

time of duration in the song?
cant find it

This, having trouble hearing it as well

bump

Listen carefully after 1:48, it's very faint so eliminate background noise
Sorry for linking genius
genius.com/a/this-hidden-counter-strike-sample-on-kanye-west-s-ultralight-beam-will-blow-your-mind

damn, looks like we have to reevalute everything about the album

damn op

if this holds true, it's an amazing discovery. god some dark themes i suddenly see in the album

Does Sup Forums not like Genius? I'm kind of new to this board.

it's round 1:45-1:50, but i hear it differs with some versions of the song to make it come in later.

what the fuck?

why would he include that in the song

well first off you made the thread confusing because Chance didnt even do that line thats THE DREAM

Ah shit sorry, must've gotten confused. thanks for clearing that up!

lol what the fuck it's real

kanye is this generation's einstein confirmed

TurboGrapfx is gonna be inspired by all the video game/anime hiphop mashups on YouTube.

wont materialize
slight chance of a kanye project all 2017

1. it won't be called turbo graphix
2. it won't even happen until spring 2018 at the earliest
3. kanye's mental health and marriage could both hit an absolute skid in that amount of time

Well, here's hoping his marriage and social life collapses so he start releasing albums in a decent timeframe.

pardon me?

I personally don't like it because of the clickbait buzzfeed-tier bullshit articles, the lyrics thing is cool tho

It's Kanye's way of verifying that his music is made for white males between the ages of 16-23. (Who the fuck else plays counter strike?)

Literally everybody outside of this demographic is old enough to know that Kanye has never put out a decent album.

this is honestly a plebby way of looking at the topic

it's a meme you dip

I was not even aware that Genius had articles.

lol old

it means there is a flashbang being thrown

Maybe he is comparing gods light to the blinding light of a flashbang.

>Just now realizing Kanye puts hidden messages in songs

He also put HAIL ILLUMINATI in his "I don't like" remix.

because he can?

friendly reminder that TLOP is better than MBDTF

Howso?
And is it his best?
Curious on your thoughts senpai.

idiot

Holy shit I thought this was a troll thread at first that's actually amazing

probably this

this

This is all just a meme right? I remember seeing some other thread about this somewhere, and I listened to the same part around ten times and still couldn't hear anything. And yes, I have headphones.

I think some the production on MBDTF aged like milk, a lot of the features are trite, and a lot of the songs are unnecessarily long. I think Kanye tried too hard to make his magnum opus and failed in the process. MBDTF is definitely better lyrically.

However, I really enjoy the weird production on TLOP, the variety of styles, and most of the features. I think Kanye also gets more personal on TLOP, even if it gets obscured by bleached assholes etc

nah, the woman talks about a place where she can feel safe and at peace, and then boom, 'FLASHBANG'. it's about how nothing good lasts in life becuz life will always 360 noscope you

it's there senpai
"somewhere I can feel safe"
*very quietly*
"flashbang!"

You're not going to trick me into listening to this garbage
Nope, no thanks

not a meme
its in there

I agree with most of what you said, although I think the length of MBDTF was earned through it's features. MBDTF was never my favorite album in the first place.

I'm going to listen to TLOP again right now, I think I was just caught off guard the first time.

Let me know what you think, lad. Not his best work but it's up there imo

KANYE CONFIRMED GOAT

I'll be upset if he ditches the Turbo Grafx 16 title.

it means rush B

i'm going sea cucumber

I personally don't take issue with the lengths of the songs on MBDTF because I feel like the, in your words, unnecessary length of all the songs very nicely illustrates sonically the unnecessary excess of the celebrity lifestyle which was a major theme of the lyricism on the album. Plus, I suppose I really like the influences the instrumentations came from.

Also, I think MBDTF definitely has a lot of variation in its production as well; there's the orchestral chorus mixed with straight string-based hip-hop on Dark Fantasy plus the voice alteration on the bridge, the lo-fi aesthetic of Gorgeous, the French soul, prog rock and electronic instrumentation on Power, the straight classical All of the Lights interlude, the prominent horns and layered vocals on All of the Lights. the dark minimalism of Monster, the orchestral nature of the instrumental on So Appalled (not just the chorus like on Dark Fantasy), the chopped up American soul and rock sound of Devil in a New Dress, the extremely minimalistic piano and distorted instrumentation on Runaway (plus the vocoder solo), the metal influences on Hell of a Life, the more flowing piano sound on Blame Game (piano is also prominent on Runaway, but there's more to the piano section on this one), the tribal drums and autotune on Lost in the World, and the proto-hip hop of Who Will Survive in America. Maybe you took an issue with the infamously dubious quality of the mixing on MBDTF.

fair point on the variety of styles, I did forget to mention the mixing. I'll have to give it another listen but it just never impressed me like TLOP did.

For the mixing, I recommend listening to the unmastered version of MBDTF.