What's his plan to get Mexico pay for his wall?

What's his plan to get Mexico pay for his wall?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/25/donald-trump-sign-mexico-border-executive-order
businessinsider.com/sinaloa-cartel-cross-border-tunnels-in-tijuana-san-diego-2016-12
atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/usa/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tax a penny out of every $ being sent to Mexico

Trade war, that Mexico has no chance of winning.

This.
Trump is going to bully Mexico into paying for the wall and get away scot free.

bankrupting mexico if they don't do it (which will bankrupt them too), therefore increasing the amount of illegal immigrants

What if we'd rather drown than give in?
It's political suicide for any politician to say we are paying and it would ensure their party loses the next election.
If we aren't careful we might go full anti-us populism make the red part of our flag bigger

Threaten to nuke Mexico if they do not pay for the wall

I think this might lead to Mexico allying with China/Russia/EU
Not sure if its so desireable for USA to have a potentially hostile country next to their border

political suicide > actual suicide

the money you would lose from a trade war is 4x or more then if you just bend the knee and kiss the ring

>What if we'd rather drown than give in?
Your country and economy would tank, people would be out of jobs, get worried and pissed off.

Building the wall might actually be the safest way, I am don't know Mexicans that well but most averages joes in most countries don't give a fuck about anything besides having an income for food, mortgage, smokes and alcohol.
Your average Irish person doesn't give two fucks about the country as long as he can support himself and have a few pints at the weekend.

sure, but any politician who bends his knee would throw away his political career

Then we'd do as the German said, spread our buttocks for China or Russia
People seem to think the US and Mexico are friends, but that's a very recent thing, before 2000 pro-US wasn't a popular stance, we worked with them, but didn't like them much.
In comes dubya with magic friendship powers and we start getting along, but relationship has stagnated and is getting worse.
As Porfirio Díaz said "poor Mexico so far from God and so close to the US"

>we are gonna build a wall , a great wall, and thers gon be a huuge beautiful door on it where legal tacos can come in
>how will you pay for it sir?
>MEXICO is gonna give us a great check, a huge check, and were gona make america great again
>How will you make them pay for it?
>With a big fat great beautiful ultimatum

Guys, trade with the US makes up 8% of our GDP, is nowhere near an emergency, even if USA decided to stop buying anything from Mexico, thing they can't do.

desu that'd be the best way if you ask me.

>his plan

The Bogs are bankrolling the wall.

Stop bogposting

80% of your exports go to USA.

So just an export tariff on American goods going to mexico of 1%?

A small tax on remittance payments and cutting off funding for sanctuary cities would probably be the easiest.

Doesn't matter, his original wall isn't getting built.

He promised us a 35ft wall stretching 1000miles, and it would only cost $10 billion. Those were his words. He's already gone back on a bit of it, but its only the start. Soon he will say it wont need to be that tall, and later that it wont need to stretch that far, and eventually his wall will only be 1/4th of what he promised, saying that it'd be better if the US just payed for it to get it over with.

China and Mexico are already looking to deepen their ties in order to relieve dependence on the US. Mexico isn't paying for the wall, Trump played anyone that voted for him.

It's not even that unfair if that 24 billion a year in remittances is true. They probably don't pay any taxes on that either.

no shill

I thought the same. It's easy

I think it 50% for Mexico. Canada's has 76% of its exports going to the US

Jesus fuck what are those things

>It's political suicide for any politician to say we are paying and it would ensure their party loses the next election.
You won't directly pay for it.

>he hasn't taken the bog pill

Doesn't matter.
If the president said we are paying everyone would sperg out and his party is losing the next elections, which seems very likely since no one has any faith in him. I still hope he'll tell Trump fuck off we China now
If anyone in his cabinet said it they would pretty much be forced to resign

If there's one thing Trump has been consistent in it's that he thinks tariffs are a pretty good solution to most economic problems.

If you look at his interviews from the 80s you'll see him advocating tariffs on Japan because back then Japan was seen as the rising economic hegemon.

So I really don't think he even expects Mexico to ever pay, he just wants an excuse to implement the tariff he was planning to do anyway.

So how far is this from his original vision:

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/25/donald-trump-sign-mexico-border-executive-order

My understanding is that the vast majority of illegal immigrants come to the US via visas then refuse to return so what exactly is this wall supposed to achieve?

I initially figured it was just campaign rhetoric but at this rate it's just going to piss away billions on a 3000km wall that the US consumer will pay for via border taxes.

There is none that doesn't see the US engage in economic warfare to upkeep a needless campaign promise.
The US could theoretically do so. At the cost of terrifying investors. Forcing a foreign country to pay for your own infrastructure at fiscal gunpoint is unheard of even by third-rate dictatorships. No matter how you spin, say, extra tariffs, nobody will see it as anything other than bullying in this context.
All other factors being equal (they're not, of course), you wouldn't want to put your money in the US. Actions like this throw risk through the roof. The US would survive, but we'd probably lose even more money in the long run than we gained.

>So I really don't think he even expects Mexico to ever pay, he just wants an excuse to implement the tariff he was planning to do anyway.
Most likely and the NAFTA meeting I imagine will be nasty.

And that equals 10% of our total gdp, what's confusing about it?

We could tax all the money that goes back to the US then. At the end of the day, this is going to by a self-destructive trade war for both of our ountries.

True, and while we are going to get hit really hard, and the US not very, they are not going to left unscratched. Also, guess who is going to actually send immigrants as a result, after a decade of not doing so.

If our president accepts this or does nothing, this is going to push him over the verge. I don't know how many opportunities he has left, but he can't afford to keep screwing us over, people are already tired of him.

Yet it's funny to see Dow Index hit it's record high in the past days. Really gonna be a bumpy ride both economically and politically for the next four years.

Didn't Canada said that when NAFTA was scrapped they'd make a trade deal with us sans US?
DESU things don't look good for the US, nor do they for us

It's a big number.

Didn't read all of it, but nothing can be said until the wall is being built. Anything less than what he said is a lie.

>Illegal immigrants
>Using visas

Stop closing your eyes, he intends to do exactly what he said, everything, not just the wall. Believe every single word he says about what he is going to do.

>Mexico

>Mexico

>Mexico

Hahahahahha this is too funny

I'm going to laugh my ass of when you guys finally give in and pay for the damn thing

He's right I think, get a visa and stay there

Half of all of your illegal immigrants entered with a visa and overstayed. It is incredible how so many Americans are so ignorant about their own country.

We are in a pretty comfortable position actually. Even if NAFTA gets canned we have a pre existing deal with the burgers and it's not like we didn't adopt a psuedo unaligned stance until the late 80s but still made out ok so if need be we can just trade with everyone else.

Temporary work visas/permits are very common.

Fuck off faggot, the majority of the US population does not believe in Trump or anything he says

They're already hostile though

He's not going to build a wall and make mexico pay for it. He knows damn well he's not. Most of the shit that leaves his mouth is transparently false and just intended to sway the idiots that support him.

No, he's just going to make himself and his friends/family richer by driving this country into the ground, just like he's done with so many of his companies.

My apologies, whenever I think of illegal immigrants I just imagine a bunch of beans laddering over a two foot wall.

Not going to happen, we are going to collapse before that happens. He might be able to do whatever he wants in the US, but he has not authority here, and if that means that he is going to destroy our economy instead, then so be it, we are already used to that.

Then you are naive.

>They're already hostile though
Gee I wonder why

>Mexico: "WE'RE NOT GONNA PAY FOR IT!"
I'd like to see you try!
Trump obviously has the upper hand.

No, I'm just not a cuck.

>y-yes my American posters, I support senior trump too! pleasee l-like me

What upper hand?
He has no influence here, we don't like him and would rather fuck over ourselves than pay wall.

that's plain stupid, if the USA strangles even more the south american countries it will only increase the amount of immigrants getting in the US.

>b-b-but the wall user

yeah, walls work nicely

They had the upper hand in the Mexican-American war, and we didn't sold our territory so they invaded us instead. We didn't do what they wanted then and we are not going to do it now. And we all understand it is going to come at a great price.

I don't support him, I hate him precisely because I always believed him. And he is proving me right.

You guys have people rioting right now and most make $4 a day. If you guys start a wall and offer poor people to work their everyone would be happy

Trump's approval rating is about 32%. He didn't even win the popular vote - he got in with the electoral vote, because the electors knew he would fatten their wallets right up.

Wrong

>Its the guy who didnt think Visas were a thing
Great post, keep it up

>proving me right
With what? The dude has barely been in office, and nothing of what he has promised has happened yet. He can sign whatever the fuck the wants, he hasn't proven anything.

You are actually correct in that most of our illegals come over legally but then just overstay.

Initially I believe the wall was just campaign shitflinging but dipshits who actually believe all of our illegal immigrants just hop the border on foot kept the meme going to the point where the wall became a major campaign promise.

Funny thing is even if they DID all come in on foot they know how to dig as well.
businessinsider.com/sinaloa-cartel-cross-border-tunnels-in-tijuana-san-diego-2016-12

Basically the wall is just a very expensive meme.

>The top export destinations of the United States are Canada ($241B), Mexico ($194B), China ($134B), Japan ($67.5B) and Germany ($61.6B). The top import origins are China ($432B), Canada ($331B), Mexico ($291B), Japan ($128B) and Germany ($121B).
atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/usa/

USA does have the upper hand in this, but our economic relationship is not unilateral as you would think

>Approval rating

How the fuck can he have a real approval rating? He has been in office for five days, anyone's approval doesn't mean shit.

He is going to collect remittances of people working in the USA, of business in the USA, with incomes from the USA, and once he implements the measures they are going to keep using the systems that they know are going to be compromised because reasons.

Makes perfect sense, actually.

I hope it gets built soon. Before I get out of college. I'm Mexican and I dont need more competition desu

I'm sorry guys but I'm getting mine. You guys are gonna get in my way.

#MAGA

>because the electors knew he would fatten their wallets right up.
that's not how the electoral college works you idiot chicano faggot

Nigger if you lose 80% of your exports you'd lose way more than that, even if it's only 10% of your GDP. You know that trickles down right? If Mexican companies that export to the US can't export their goods to the anymore, they go bust. Manufacturing jobs gone, inward and outward investment flows gone, unemployment rate up, government debt up, etc. It would bankrupt Mexico.

>inb4 b-but China
There's nothing Mexico can offer China that they already don't make themselves or import from other countries

Mfw my posts are coming right out my ass but you actually think yours through

>i-i was only pretending to be retarded!
I believe you, dont worry

>Canada makes trade agreement with Mexico
>Canada keeps trade agreement with USA
>Mexican goods now magically enter the USA

You have seen nothing if you think that is bad.

That doesn't matter, he has the entire republican party, that just so happens to be a majority everywhere, sucking his dick and the few times they oppose him he is going to sign executive orders .He has an unprecedented amount of power, more than any other american president in recent times, and he is going to use it.

He is doing just what he intended, if you want to keep closing your eyes until it is too late it is your problem. The fact that you can't see it happening is a problem, the same problem that all the people who said he wasn't going to win suffered.

Where do you live?

No, I asked what he proved you right with. That means give me specifics.

>mfw mexico pays 10bn for the wall, but the actual price exceeds 100bn and the american taxpayer has to pay the rest of it
>mfw thanks to trump the mexican economy goes down the shitter for real and now they have 5 times as many illegals entering the border.

>Mexico is engaging in unfair subsidy behavior that has eliminated thousand of US jobs
This might be the single most infuriating thing I've read all month.

>more than any other american president in recent times
untrue, the Democrats under Obama had a supermajority in the Senate in the early part of this decade. They didn't get squat done with it. The American government is constructed in a way that severely hinders individuals from waltzing in and making sweeping changes to how the system works.

>16% of US exports go to Mexico
>13% of US imports come from Mexico
This doesn't seem like much of a rip off to me desu

Mexicans and the rest of south america are dumb for not creating a united states of south america, they could basically settle for commercial trades among them and become stronger by shutting down international superfluous trades with outsiders.

That's your fault though

>shutting yourself off from world trade benefits countries
Are you a Venezuelan economist?

We know this. We lost half of our fucking territory to those bastards already because we didn't do what they said, and we are not going to start now. We will endure like we always do, we are always in crisis, and we are not going to pay.

He is signing executive orders that do exactly what he said.

He has a majority everywhere.

what is unasur/mercosur