/ic/ and Sup Forums have been little help. Any idea what drawing tablet to get under $1k...

/ic/ and Sup Forums have been little help. Any idea what drawing tablet to get under $1k? The /ic/ sticky literally just lists a few brands and nothing else.

Other urls found in this thread:

samsung.com/us/mobile/tablets/all-other-tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-9-7-16gb-wi-fi-with-s-pen-smoky-titanium-sm-p550nzaaxar/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have the Wacom 12wx, it's p good.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A with S-pen about $400. you can use artflow app which is good, sketchbook pro and clover paint. can't work on files bigger than 200MB depending on RAM, but it's good for the price

Any wacom. Intuos if you intend to go pro. Cintiq if you're rich and _draw_. Other models if its your first one.

Other brands if you enjoy broken hardware.

probably one of few professional artists on Sup Forums at this hour.

he's saying for under $1k

ipad pro 9 inch with apple pencil (sold separately for $100)

What fucking tablet is over 1k aside from the huge cintiqs?

cintiq companion tablet is about $1k... I think he means a drawing display tablet as opposed to a drawing tablet

show us some artwork. if you're already producing good stuff without a tablet then its fair enough that you wanna spend under 1k on one..but if you're literally just getting into art then dont bother.

In that case. Get a laptop and go back to my comment.

in every office I ever worked artist are buying the tablet laptops, just to pawn them off some months later because they never used the shit.

don't go that way.

samsung.com/us/mobile/tablets/all-other-tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-9-7-16gb-wi-fi-with-s-pen-smoky-titanium-sm-p550nzaaxar/

$300 is the best buy. I've had experience with the galaxy note series of phones and tablets and it's basically a note 10.1 2012 version for 1/4 the price. I still use mine for painting, though I also use a surface pro i7 for heavier work... mobile of course

How does one produce good art with a mouse and no scanner?

How's the sensitivity?

tell him that. I'm imagining if he doesn't have a grand or two to throw down on a more premium device, he should still be using something.

But I hear you. I made the mistake of getting a surface pro and liked it until I used illustrator.

the pen sucks at grabbing Bezier handles and anchor points without a mouse

not using rasterized lines, use vector for art that can be scaled it is also easier for me to use a mouse with, in any case
IPAD pro will be your best friend OP

1024 points of pressure at the very least. the s-pen would be perfect if it had an eraser, but it doesn't need to be charged like the Apple pencil which won't break your workflow

Bluetooth mouse and a smartphone with a good camera

I'm the kind of artist who has to both work with vectors and painting. I don't even use the wacom for vectors. Only out of laziness.

1,024 levels. it's good enough for pressure-sensitive painting and drawing.

get a fucking clue.

sensitivity isn't about numbers you cunt.

actually never mind

go fucking buy your useless piece of hardware. you'll never accomplish shit in your life anyway

LMFAO bro you have it made. i have to work with everything a graphic designer does because i am freelance. i use everything at my disposal, it must be nice to pick to use something out of laziness.

Intuos 4 or just a plain wacom bamboo tablet will do the job, really.

Wacom is choice for vector compared to Microsoft's surface pen...Christ.... I found that out the hard way. but yeah, thank goodness for the mouse.

But yeah there's not much available for vector in Android or iOS (as far as I know)

are you fucking retarded?

there's no need for a pen or pressure sensitivity when dealing with vectors. it's just fucking handles.

out of laziness means. I am too lazy to move the wacom away from the mousepad and use it instead of the mouse.

it's an important question for the type of tablet he was asking about because the screen itself isn't pressure sensitive. But pressure sensitivity is important for layering techniques and precision

Stamper still uses a Wacom bamboo. Wish I could afford that even.

Huion! Nice quality. It isn't a wacom but very good

I don't think OP is concerned with vector alone.

well then nvm mate

there is raster too. I imagine that if OP is looking for a budget drawing tablet, some sacrifices are made. There are other ways vector has been implemented anyway, especially for the tablet I suggested. Sketchbook Ink is vector, but you dont' edit the points, it's more like painting

if you can't afford a cintiq, get a intuos

I have a friend whos a professuonal artist and he just uses ipad pro air or something and got a real good pen for it. He uses a couple different apps but not sure what they are. Apple has always been the best for any graphic editing.

this
and it functions with pressure sensitivity

I hope he likes having to stop what he's doing to charge the apple pencil when it runs out of juice. something's not right with the design of that pencil

Something like this?

It depends what OS you feel comfortable using or getting used to

Windows.