OP with the ingrown toenail back for an update. went to the store and got some antiseptic and cotton...

OP with the ingrown toenail back for an update. went to the store and got some antiseptic and cotton, did some self surgery and there's no longer any nail sticking in the side of my toe. going to be stuffing cotton under the nail for a few weeks too :)

also i used regular scissors and a pair of tweezers to do the job, couldn't find any small scissors. it didn't really hurt jamming the scissor blade into my toenail but then i only went about halfway down and the skin wasn't connected to a good amount of it

bump

Its going to grow back unless you can keep the rest of the toe out of the way, like peel the skin back out of the way of the toe nail when you get out of the shower or something each night.

Source: Got two ingrown toe nails and my toes are permenantly fucked.

just get the toenail removed? i had one in my left big toe and got it removed and its sweet now

will try to keep that in mind. i'm finishing off my other toe nail which is painful but not as severe

well i've found a potential solution that i can handle doing pretty well, but if it comes back more than 2-3 more times i'll consider getting it checked out. i mean this is my first case of ingrown toenail and i'm pretty sure it was caused by my own actions and not something that would occur on it's own, so it could fix itself with some monitoring and maintenance

Yeah, bit of a hassle at first.

If you go to the doctor make sure they are good, don't want shit like mine.

you call that an ingrown toenail? Git Gud scrub

Are ingrown nails caused by not maintaining your toenails trimmed and clean?

Jesus fam

You seem like a fun guy

Depends, sometimes that's the case, other times the nail just starts growing badly.

You too, got steam?

hmm interesting

Nah fam someday, I play Xbox

Welp I'm outta here, later fags.

Get that shit taken care of. Jeeze

cut a notch in the middle of the toe a little triangle the nail will grow to the middle and not the sides no more ingrown toe nails the nail grows towards the weakest area

You're cutting your toenails too short, you should be leaving more nail, especially on the edges.
If you are wearing properly fitting shoes, this should cause no problem, if it does, then your shoes are either too small, too narrow or both.
If you are prone to ingrown nails you should use a square cut, this keeps the edges from "growing' into your skin.

Just helpful advise, take it or not.

wew definitly trying that

yep once the nail grows back i'm going to be doing all that stuff, my goal right now is just to grow out my toenails without it stabbing the sides