Why do other people's opinions about movies and TV matter to us, again?

Why do other people's opinions about movies and TV matter to us, again?

because we're pitiful individuals with no one to talk to in real life so we use a bhurmese buttplugging board as a way of seeking self-validation and denigrating others to make ourselves feel superior

It doesn't make the loneliness go away but you forget in the few seconds that it takes to shitpost

really makes you think

what did he mean by that?

It doesn't matter all that much, but it's interesting to see what other people think of some movies.
You find some people likeable so you like to hear them talk, or you're interested in other people's views, whether you agree or not, which open the door for a conversation.

It's not about "WE HAVE TO DETERMINE THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH"

Because you secretly hope someone else is as intelligent as you and has similarly good taste.

Give up, you're surrounded by dumb cunts who will never be able to enjoy what you enjoy and who find solance in shitting on everything.

Plebs find things to hate and criticise.

Patricians find things to love and hold on to.

Fare well, my friend.

>us
>we're
>we
>ourselves

niggers need to learn to speak for themselves or not at all

I only care because a popular backlash against a movie I love might prevent sequels or similar movies from getting made.

Because we want to see great films. Greatness in films can only be determined by consensus. Therefor it is important to interact with other film viewers, including academics and critics, to make good choices concerning what to watch.

they don't, at least to me

>Greatness in films can only be determined by consensus.

You're the fucking stupidest moron I've ever met.

Greatness can only be determined by the great. If you aren't great, and you sure don't seem to be, then you're fucked. Stick with your shit movies and leave greatness to the great. You'll never get it, worm.

>Greatness in films can only be determined by consensus

Because it generates discussion, and it's important to have your ideas challenged if you ever want to grow intellectually.

It used to be about saving a few bucks by not going to see a bad movie. Now it's all about validating your opinions and the narcissism that goes along with it.

are you the same faggot who posts RT scores in the Bond threads? Stop posting, seriously

You must be an idiot. Having your superior opinion challenged by retards won't help you grow, it won't even help them.

The only reason for discussion is the enjoyment thereof. There's no other reason.

If you can't appreciate my favourite movie when you saw it, no amount of discussion will turn you into a better person. Pity and compassion is the best I can give you.

Just fuck off trip

We cover our insecurities in normal life by a false sense of superiority over others by constantly reaffirming to ourselves that our opinions are better than those of "plebs," thus rendering ourselves somehow above the "normies" who are capable of being happy instead of enraged or depressed by mainstream cinema and television.

I think all that truth triggered this guy I bet he loved Civil War.

civil war was great shut the fuck up virgin loser faggot

>Us

kek

I take mild interest in high-budget heavily marketed movies failing when marketing was all they had going for them.