Has your country ever been as politically polarized as the US is now? How was it fixed if it was?

Has your country ever been as politically polarized as the US is now? How was it fixed if it was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s74Cg9hVjbA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

never the whole nation

Our politics are always polarized. But we respect each others opinion (not really) and try to reach a consensus on all issues (not really).

>During a recent press conference Trump spokesperson Sean Spicer told journalist to "respect the robot"

What did he mean by this?

Argentina. It will only get worse.

/r9k/ is finally getting recognition, he's trying to stop the beta uprising

Seriously, how do we fix this shit in America? Nowadays, Republicans would rather side with Russia than give the Democrats any power, and the Democrats are hoping that China BTFOs the US in a trade war in order to humiliate Trump and his supporters.

Get the Marxism out of the classroom.

Memes. Being socially progressive is not Marxism.

1/5 social science professor admits to being a Marxist. These are the people trying to frame civilization. Wake up, sheeple.

We're headed for a coup lads.

I hope they let me ride around in the tank desu

Make the country fall in love with soccer so the virtue signallers on both sides can channel their tribalism into something innocuous.

I want tank battles on Pennsylvania Avenue. It'll be like 90s Moscow.

That means 80% aren't marxists, and the vast majority of people aren't social science majors. Most college educated whites vote Republican, even if the education system is trying to brainwash people, it's not very effective.

About 1/3 of this country is ready to start building camps, complete with large shower facilities and high quality ovens.

It worked with us and hockey.

Since the GOP has a quite overwhelming amount of power now and the Democrats are nearly irrelevant, I don't think the country is that polarized at all.

yes

Rightly or wrongly people feel pretty disenfranchised when the president lost by three million votes lmao

Now that's really burying your head in the sand.

3 million people attended the women's march. This was the first election where the majority of people on both sides admitted to voting not to support their candidate, but to oppose the other candidate. The approval rating of the Democratic party by Republicans is as low as it's ever been, the approval rating of the Republican party by the Democrats is as low as it's ever been.

Subtract all the illegal immigrants, felons, people voting multiple times, and dead people and Trump wins by 3 million popular votes. Even putting that aside, the Democrat decimation in Congress and state and local offices since 2010 is considerable.

>Has your country ever been as politically polarized as the US is now?
oh yes it has
>How was it fixed if it was?
200 years and it's still not fixed

If liberals knew how to use guns I'd say we're heading for Yugoslav Mode. As it is, that probably won't happen unless they recruit the blacks into a mamluk army.

Once, I think

How cute, it think Soros protesters are actual people.

Where is the proof that happened.

Note: circumstantial evidence such as "well it's possible to vote illegally under these specific circumstances, and people had incentive to do it" doesn't count. If it does, then the circumstances evidence that Russia hacked the DNC and the RNC, but only released the DNC's emails while holding onto the RNC's emails as blackmail material to get Trump to do their bidding, would also be valid.

You're off the reservation, fucking crazy Sup Forums virgin reading propaganda, you have no idea what the "median" mood in the country is

He couldn't have paid all three million. You also ignored my other points.

Yes. After a civil war, Cromwell chopped the King's head off, took over for a bit, then handed the throne to a Scotsman.

>you have no idea what the "median" mood in the country is
I can say the Democrat decimation since 2010 is a good gauge of it.

>spend trillions trying to spread democracy to other nations
>can't even do it in their own
wew lad

>country where the prime minister isn't even elected, but appointed
>accusing others of being undemocratic

>Has your country ever been as politically polarized as the US is now?

Yeah, 'Nam. And the Civil War before that too.

>How was it fixed if it was?

Civil War butthurt was largely fixed by WW2. Fixed the economy, race relations improved, it was a good sink-or-swim moment.

'Nam butthurt was never fixed, simply cooled by getting out there. If we stayed there for another 3-5 years we could've legitimately had a coup.

>Civil War butthurt was largely fixed by WW2

WWI. The patriotic fervor of that war did a lot to erase the lingering butthurt in the South (plus I mean, the generation that fought the war was old and starting to die out).

you and I both know that the only way to stop the polarization of the United States of America is to get involved in a huge war. Which the government is glad to provide. USA USA USA

the elections are over sweetheart you can't play the clinton card anymore:^)

>voter fraud

There's that meme again. But if I couldn't win the popular vote I'd try to delegitimatize the other side too

Hillary is pretty unelectable. I voted for her, and even so she has the charisma of a lizard. Half of the people ITT could have beaten Trump, he fucked up so badly and somehow didn't lose.

WW1 only sort of helped.

>depression happened right after, economy is in the gutter
>ww1 vets are being shot on the capital during a protest because they weren't paid
>race relations still complete garbage
>although the US is feeling it less, literally no one is happy with the result of WW1

WW2 basically fixed everything.

Not sure that would be enough this time around though. Day by day I'm becoming more comfortable with the idea of just gassing all leftists desu.

Like clockwork.

>every time Democ-rats lose, they go mmmmuh electoral college

>more comfortable with the idea of just gassing all leftists
You are the exact reason things are going to shit

There is very good reason to suspect there was considerable voter fraud going on, but even supposing that 3 million plurality that Hillary got is legitimate, most of those votes would have come from a couple large urban areas all of which are Democrat strongholds and far from representing the interests of the entire country. Which was one reason for the EC existing in the first place, so that cities would not totally dominate national politics at the expense of the rest of the country.

1 person 1 vote

nah, shit was good until the SJW's started bitching globally

That is correct, sectionalism factored in the drafting of the Constitution to a large extent. On the basis of it, California has more people than Wyoming, yet the two states have completely different needs and interests, so it would be unfair to let one have all the say in national politics at the other's expense.

There's no such evidence, not that has been released to the public, you're just parroting claims that align with your hero's petty thin skinned insecurities about being popular. It[s pathetic.

A) show us the evidence of voter fraud

B) most of the country lives in urban areas, so giving the rural areas more power misrepresents America. Why should someone living close to other people make their vote count less? The problems you listed are legitimate, but the solution isn't right. It only creates the opposite problem, the rural areas get to dominate politics at the expense of the urban centers.

You /pole dancers are far worse than SJWs

Yes.
We fought a war, and the right side won.

who?

>things are going to shit

Things are going pretty well for me, but I can see why you would have a different opinion :^)

This isn't exactly true because high population states still do have more electoral votes and Congressmen.

Which is based on their population. The Senate isn't based on population.

I believe you may have missed OP's post.

>Yugoslav Mode
Commonwealth of the Great Lakes and Great Plains
please

>the party of states rights is now against states rights on issues like sanctuary cities and medical marijuana
The ironing.

this
about a week before the election it hit me that I wouldn't really be happy either way, but I voted for the one that tried to play the game and failed, instead of the one that mostly refused to play in the first place and somehow won

Correct. The Founders decided that, while Congressmen would be assigned according to a state's population level, Senators would always be two per state in the interest of balance.

Any state is free to legalize pot, I've never argued otherwise. The sanctuary city thing however is an issue of violating Federal immigration laws.

1. Yes
2. We waited a whole 12 years to elect a non-populist.

>taking every comment in internet seriously.

Who said I agreed that things are going poorly? I agree there's butthurt, and we would need something on the level of WW2 to straighten it out quickly. But I am in no rush.

>libs are now scrambling around the idea of states rights in 2017

Truly this is the most interesting timeline.

I especially like the logic where you imagine hoarding illegal immigrants entitles cities to federal money. So this is the power of common core.

AFAIK the Electoral College was designed to ensure the president would be chosen by the majority of the states and not the population per se.

And now the urban centers are going to be subsidizing everything Trump promised to rural voters. Hardly fair.

And Jeff Sessions said he wouldn't commit to not prosecuting people using medical marijuana in states that legalized it.

Well considering that Russia is acting more American than leftists are atm, I don't blame them.

I'm not supporting states rights, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the GOP.

How is Russia acting more American?

Than leftists are atm. Forget that part?

The urban centers and the inner suburbs have been subsidizing the rest of the country for decades

No. I don't get how jailing journalists, having an economy dependent on a few government cronies, etc etc is American.

You will.

Sort of. The Founders imagined that sectionalism would occur between large, high population states and small, low population states, although it actually ended up being between the North and South.

That would have been the case if hillary won.

That's ok, we already experienced that every day from 2009-16. Not the jailing of journalists per se, but any opposition to the president was summarily denounced as racist/sexist/homophobic/CIS male whatever.

Sure it would have.

well, leftist people are destroying their own property. smashed widows of local businesses in their communities on inauguration day. Like seriously how can you justify destroying your own community in the name of a message?

Putin sent trump a nice christmas card and warm welcomes into his presidency. Those extreme libs can work in a mine in Siberia for all I care.

>people using their freedom of speech to disagree with you is the same as the government silencing the opposition

How often do you read/watch "the media"? Or are you just going off of what the media you consume tells you to believe about the "other" media?

>I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the GOP.

The GOP is more than one person, similar to Sup Forums if you've learned that much. This may come as a shock when you're used to the (now broken) cabal rule of the Dems.

But for the most part they know to rebel pointlessly. Which is why as per Trump's orders Sessions won't try to fuck with legalized mary jane. So far, that's a pretty good track record for upholding state's' right.

For all intents and purposes it was since 90% of the media was completely, totally, openly pro-Democrat and pro-Obama.

dude.

Didn't see trump taking bribes from soros or righties demanding to end freedom of speech.

BTW, a lot of medical marijuana initiatives in the states were funded by George Soros, so...

230 people were arrested out of 3+ million protestors. The vast majority of leftists did not destroy any property. Sending people to work in gulags is far more unamerican than protesting.

The black bloc anarchists would have done the same shit (m-muh window!) if Clinton won. Maybe more.

Pinochet fixed it.

But how do we know Trump will respect states right to legalize marijuana? He's already gone back on a number of promises.

Nobody on the right has called for MSNBC to be shut down, but tons of SJWs said that talk radio and Fox News should be suppressed for hate speech.

>how can you justify destroying your own community in the name of a message?
Who is doing that?
>inb4 muh leftists
Which ones, specifically? And when?

>hate speech
classic

90% of the media you define as "the media" was anti Trump. The rest of it was pro Trump.

Trump owes money to foreign governments (China), isn't that on par with taking bribes? Also, Trump called to jail flag burners and restrict the freedom of the internet/increase surveillance. He's not the pro freedom candidate.

States rights are a fickle thing. The Civil War basically affirmed the idea that states rights do not supersede those of the federal government, so there's no reason from a Constitutional POV that state legalization of marijuana can't be suppressed.

His personal life has been focused on nothing more than money and vengeance for 70 years.

It's amazing that people still say he won't steal from the country, and he won't do stupid shit like that to "stick it" to the people who hate him and mock him

>There is very good reason to suspect there was considerable voter fraud going

There is not a single logical reason to even suspect that except Donald saying so triggered by his need to be popular. His ultra thin skin couldn't handle the fact that he is probably one of the very few president who became so after losing the popular vote.

Loan is not a bribe.
I dont see any reason to burn my own nations flag except if im an enemy of the state or some foreign leech being edgy.
Also NSA already done that shit for years so wtf.

>He's already gone back on a number of promises.

Oh yeah he's really let down his voter base by avoiding building the wall, nullifying the ACA mandate, setting a date for Scalia's replacement, backing out of TPP, appointing Mattis who proceeded to bomb ISIS 31 times on day 1 of his job, and halting immigration from unstable shitholes all in his first week.

This was a joke, right?

I mean this is the kind of blatant stupidity we're seeing from the dems.
One of these people says "Trump DEFINITELY is going to steal from the country, because of MY feelings." The other says "Trump is DEFINITELY wrong about voter fraud, because they're just HIS feelings."

Pure cognitive dissonance. Among my favorite electoral memes is how the Dems went from "The election cannot be hacked, Trump is whining" to "RUSSIANS HACKED THE ELECTION, HELP" in the span of a fucking month.

youtube.com/watch?v=s74Cg9hVjbA
O SHIETTT!!!

>a dictator who spits on freedom of the press, laughs at freedom of speech, makes sure all important corporations are under the heel of the government and has political opposition jailed, killed or other wise silenced is a true freedom loving American because he sent Trump a Christmas card

But it is a conflict of interest, much like a bribe is. China's national Bank has an office in Trump tower and literally pays rent to Trump. It's a conflict of interest no matter how you frame it.

>I see no justification of people being able to use their free speech if it's speech I don't like
Literally you.