>swimming

Should swimming be banned from the Olympics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pgap_CzceBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why isn't there an Aquatic Olympics?

No.

>Implying that swimming isn't the most important event

The Olympics are over. Everything else is just filler

there are way too many swimming events desu
why isnt there a 50m backpeddling sprint?
100m backpeddling?
50m side shuffle? 50m grapevine?
should be cut down to freestyle for all the distances and maybe one other stroke, the butterfly is a fucking joke m8 total meme stroke

Just wait until Phelps-level swimmer is born in Russia, China, Japan or Australia. It'll happen eventually and US is gonna freak the fuck out when he/she starts dominating in second Olympics in a row

Just cut down the number of medals.

You mean PENNY!?

really makes you think..

>tying with a nigger
How the fuck is she supposed to compete with real swimmers like Ledecky?

M A X
A
X

She might fall off like Missy Franklin

sauce?

>phelps 6 medals
>katie 5 medals
>simone 4 medals

Meanwhile team sports composed of many players get a total of 1 (ONE) medal and can only present 1 (ONE) team per nation.

Shit is fucking retarded

Missy just got into swimming to get 10/10 cock. Katie is a good Catholic girl who loves what she does

source is looking at the medals table and removing every country's best event mate... its like 1 day old though should be around the same

yeah, but everyone on the team gets a medal.

a lot of the team shit is a joke, like team gymnastics, and team table tennis. just an excuse to get extra medals.

Butterfly is the most difficult stroke to do

Dat Penny mom in the middle

>tfw Russia only dominates only synchronized swimming and rythmic gymnastics, 4 gold medals max

We're good at pretty much everything, but not great at any of that at the same time, which means like 1 gold, 2 silver and a bronze

whats the deal with meilutyte and efimova?
they seem to really dislike each other

Efimova got caught with doping few years back, served her time. Then, this year she was "caught" with meldonium, but turns out doping comission had NO FUCKING IDEA how it works, so people who stopped taking it months ago when it was announced to be banned got caught because they had no idea how long it stays in the organism.

Basically everyone who got caught with meldonium(Shrarapova is like the only one to get actually banned lol) got their sentences reversed, but people think Efimova still a cheater.

Also, IOC wanted to ban everyone who got caught with doping in their life from Rio(which would include Efimova), but was told to fuck off in court.

So, basically - ppl think Efimova is on doping and shouldn't be there. I personally don't give a fuck about her, too much hype around someone who didn't even had a chance to win, 2 silver pfff

Forgot to add - last few days it's been reported that meldonium is actually getting OFF the banned list in 2017 because they couldn't prove it improves performance, so the whole doping scandal with it was for fucking nothing.

It also means Sharapova is coming back, so get ready for that mess.

she has amazing body, saw her last summer at a meet

perfect legs

hope she keeps swimming

doping = life bans

>Wrestling
>Fencing

>Shit Ing Mao[th]

good info, wasn't sure if it was a jealous-of-hot-girl situation

>why isn't there a cycling olympics
>why isn't there a track and field olympics
>why isn't there a gymnastics olympics
>why isn't there a martial arts olympics
>why isn't there a precision projectile olympics

Fencing is a one time thing and actually a result of us fucking so bad in it in previous Olympics whole federation and coaches were fired.

We don't really dominate wrestling as much as UK/US dominate their sports, it's like 3 gold max, nothing compared to 10-11, you get a shitload of other medals in addition to that, while only one person from country is allowed to wrestle

Why does cycling even have so many events? It's not like swimming that has multiple techniques for the swimmers to master. What makes it worse is that cycling is dull.

based whitlock

The reptilian people in charge want more water games.

Am I reading that right or are there over 20 gold medals for the United States in swimming?

Although I'm sure you can shave off some due to relay golds counting as one...

4 Gold in London wrestling

Leave only the freestyle categories

Swimming events are fine. Shitcan dressage, trampoline, rhythmic gymnastics, golf, & handball.

I think the IOC pooh-poohs sports without weight classes, but I'd love to see Sumo added. Cricket belongs because of its international popularity. You could also make an argument for adding jiu jitsu, but a competition-safe version would probably be too close to judo.

Olympics need more combat sports & less horse faggotry, ribbon flailing, & junior high "sports".

Foreigners are STILL complaining about swimming?

>American started the thread.

Foreigner on a proxy.

For foreigners buttblasted about us "padding medals," get better or tell Australia, France, Hungary and other swimming powers to stop choking.

>sumo

I would like this too, but it would be nothing but japanese, and it'd stay that way forever. no other nations will ever do anything of note. unless you count mongolia, but come on

They have to justify building a velodrome.

No. Look, any little binky-ass country can have a pool, you don't need c bunch of crazy facilities of equipment -- find your mutant fish monster like we did and dominate for a few years.

The Australians used to dominate. Now they don't. Things change.

Swim faster, fagits.

>Sexual minorities

Hitler did nothing wrong.

Why don't you just dominate track like real nations do?

Well, I suppose whites are better at swimming.

Nevermind, keep winning those medals.

My interest in and knowledge of sumo is slight, but went to the event last year in Tokyo, international competitors were doing very well. With the attention paid to the Olympics, I suspect Japan would have a one-Olympiad dominance and then win plenty, obviously, but it would be competitive.

Thanks, we will. And good luck to you guys as well, Abdul.

>it would be all japanese
Nigga it would be all Mongolia 24/7 as it is right now. Ma boy Hakuho and sometimes Harumafuji would be killing it

Hungary isn't a 'swimming power', they just have Katinka

Learn to swim nigger

Everything but freestyle should banned. The other strokes are like having crab walks and shit. Intentionally limiting someone's range of motion to create more events is like the opposite of athleticism.

Oh no you din't! You din't just go there!

And a pool, yeah?

Beatimg your head with a hammer is hard but it's not an Olympic event

It shouldn't be banned, but they should reduce the number of events. Meme strokes like the back stroke have no place there.

There have been a couple successful Euros over in Japan, plus the sport has a respectable following among Polynesians in & out of the states. If the Olympics officially added Sumo it'd only be a matter of time till more amateur & maybe even college programs started cropping up. Plus you'd see all the big dictatorships starting their own programs.

Honestly I think Sumo might have a decent following right now if Japanese sumo wasn't so isolated & hard to get into for foreigners. They used to show it on TV back when Akebono broke through & it as pretty damn entertaining.

>someone thought this was a good argument

Beating your head with a hammer is very, very, easy. Give it a try, you'll see what I mean.

It's not the different types of swimming, it's the fact there there's an event for every 200 meters. 200, 400 so on and so forth.

When I was there last year, saw a Georgian, and Amrican and, iirc, a guy from one of the 'stans in the Japanese national event.

The next Phelps already beat Phelps this year

Sort of like the track events, the cycling events, etc, right?

wow Lily King looks like she has down syndrome.

Maybe he'll be the next thing, who knows? But the next Phelps is ut there.somewhere -- maybe even as we speak some post-Fukashima atomic mutant porpoise human is being born.

BTW, good job to your guy who hangs flags for the medal events, coping with getting a three-way tie worth of silver medal flags into the air after that event.

Made u for swapping the Australian and New Zealand flags that other time.

>Beatimg your head with a hammer is hard
Sounds like you have experience being on the receiving end

The difference with those is different people are competing and winning them. A person can't easily transfer between them.

The same people are swimming most of the races in the Olympics.

Usain Bolt doesn't have 23 gold medals for a good reason.

maybe they should just add 3 more ways of running. Bolt would have surpassed phelps a long time ago

Well 34 events (on 306) is retarded

Should be 12 maximum

back stroke is faster than breast stroke

That's cool, man. I'd love to see that shit live. Got any good stories about the tournament?

No, but there shouldn't be a medal for every event. Work out some kind of average for all different events and award a single medal based off of that

>world's best tennis player/boxer goes to olympics
>gets 1 gold, max
>world's best swimmer goes to olympics
>gets 6 golds
really makes you think

>been this way for decades
>world hasn't adapted

no sympathy here

World's best tennis player could get three golds.

>hmm we think this is pretty retarded
>HAHAHAH YOU'VE HAD DECADES TO ADAPT AND START ACTING RETARDED LIKE US NO EXCUSE TO CHANGE IT NOW

>hue opinions

disregarded

only after dressage, diving, gymnastics, and basically anything that requires judges to score the event.

As someone who swam through high school and college, it isn't very easy to transfer between distance and sprinting, or from one stroke to another. Are swimmers are just that good desu.

The world is 80% water. The olympics should be 80% swimming. Fuck what landfafgs think.

This is why I always laugh when an American claims the US are the best sporting nation near me. Ameriswims only """"" dominate""""" sports that give medals in bulk or that only they play.

Sup Forums are the only people triggered by splish-splash padding, most people just like watching sports without caring about the medal table.

>Warren Buffet is only rich because he invests in profitable companies
>Apple is only successful because they sell a billion iPhones
>fire only burns because it's hot
Wow, really makes me think.

>mexero

More like
>I'm the best chef in the world because I only know one dish, but I'm very proficient at it.

Sumo lacks the international popularity to qualify, I think. Cricket doesn't have that problem (and might let poo-in-the-loos win a medal), but even T20 takes too long for them to squeeze in all the competition.

I think sports like bowling and darts have a case to make. youtube.com/watch?v=pgap_CzceBM

Not sure why this point is being ignored. Hard to deny

try again fags

the true nature of the earth is revealed easily, and it's lookin mighty land heavy

>Scientists calculate that the total mass of the oceans on Earth is 1.35 x 10^18 metric tonnes, which is 1/4400 the total mass of the Earth. In other words ... they only account for 0.02% of our planet's total mass.

>No digging events for some reason
>No magma events

>No molten iron magnetic propulsion race

Get your shit together IOC

What would Korea do without archery and short track?

>no active volcano mountain bike cross country races
>still have dressage

really?

Didn't realize molten core was considered land.

Good ol' american edjumacation at work.

then don't include the molten core, if that's your contention

looks like ground wins again, and water is still the biggest loser of all

>cycling is dull

are you kidding me most of the medal races have been tense and close as fuck

4>1>3>2

2>4>1>3

It's called the world swimming championship.

There is way too many foot-race events.

Why is there 100m, 200m, 800m, 1500, 10k 20k 52k relays, walking, hurdles, steeplechase?

because they don't do 100m, 100m backwards, 100m sideways, 100m crawl, 100m turbo mode etc