good thread

Bumping the true first thread

gatecreeper.bandcamp.com/
great new Death Metal band from the USA. one of my AOTYs from last year

>Mad that your meme band got beat out by 4 seconds by Our Boys Periphery

This is the trve threade

>bands you never see postes on /meal/

post thinking man's metal

This album is super good, maybe BMAOTY last year. Just nonstop aggression, and crisp production too. Surprised it didn't get more attention

>thinking of drunkenly beating your son after he walks in front of the TV football game is on

buttblack metal

youtube.com/watch?v=lsV500W4BHU

NWOTHM?
youtube.com/watch?v=uOOFUf6c6ck

youtube.com/watch?v=6pDWyOGdPLY

Litteral butt metal

listening to this now!!

shit album

Just another boring black metal album

the Form thing they released shortly after was really legit too.

Periphery is god-tier

I give it 9/10 to be honest.

youtube.com/watch?v=OqX2S4cDwCk

>posts the album that starts their decline into shit-tier from purely mediocre-tier

not cringe at all

their worst album and thats saying alot.

>blackbutt metal

youtube.com/watch?v=jWFWazj7Ud8

still can't believe the SJWs attacked this so viscously and totally avoid going after the countless rappers with similar videos because Mastodon aren't black. They never should have apologized for this video to those cunts.

this sounds like a meme album

TFW you come here to discuss some post-metal but everyone is too pleb to get it

that song is really, really bad

>tfw too intelldjent to listen to anything other than seremedy and hurricane

>P1 is better meme
Let's see, we've got
>formless technical wankery
>retarded djent chugging
>genuinely some of the worst harsh vocals ever
vs
>structured songs
>participation of multiple band members instead of just Misha beating off after pressing record
>decent clean vocals and improved if still bad harshes
>enjoyable poppy hooks that incorporate heavy guitar work

Either way pic related is the superior djent albujm

it's really, really good. go listen to your blackened sludge and have a good cry.

>icelandic bm

let me guess, it's dissoshit?

i love mastodon and brann, but that song is very bad

ding ding ding, therefore nothin to see here

Branns vocals are great on this imo. As far as catchy hooks that I can actually enjoy goes this is way up there.

Is there any major second-wave BM band that has held consistent quality up to this day?

Filosomeme
Memetatt
Pure Holomeme

Exactly why does Acid Bath get so much hype? The appeal completely escapes me...

With credentials such as hailing from Louisiana, being formed in 1991, and being serious drug abusers, you'd safely assume Acid Bath was a great sludge band. Alas, their music is neither pure sludge nor sludge/doom. In fact, it is not sludge at all. Their stuff is an amalgamation of alt rock, doom aesthetics, southern and stoner rock, with some some groove and grind riffs thrown in. It can be incredibly catchy at times, causing you to hum a riff or two in your head or to shout "DYING FELT SO GODDAMN GOOD TODAY!". Unfortunately, catchiness and a few good songs cannot save an album from mediocrity though.

Most songs on "Paegan Terrorism Tactics" follow a verse-chorus structure, a feature that underscores my refusal to deem Acid Bath sludge. While other songs don't adhere to that format (in all fairness), they're few and far between. The poetic interludes with Dax's pitch shifted voice are off putting, as they seem incredibly out of place in conjunction with the rest of the tracks. They seem tacked on for the sake of being stranger and more abnormal than most bands, a feat which they had already accomplished with their debut album, "When the Kite String Pops". The majority of the tracks are of an enjoyable length and do not wear upon the listener, alas one or two break this pattern and turn out to be quite detrimental.

Oops, I thought you meant albums

I'd say Ulver but they're nothing resembling BM anymore

The prose contained in here is unlike anything else that I have heard previous to this listening experience (save their debut), for better or for worse. Tracks like "Bleed Me an Ocean" and "Dead Girl" dabble in the meandering thoughts of a lover pushed to the limits of sanity: an area where nothing matters except for what one conjures up from the depths of one's mind. The vocal melodies work wonderfully with some of the lyrics and their emotional charge gives them extra weight, such as the part in "Bleed Me an Ocean" where Dax sings the line "Just like a raindrop/I was born, baby, to fall" or when he croons "Life thrives cold beneath the dead soul lights" in "Dead Girl". Unfortunately, some of the lyrics come off as trying far too hard to be esoteric, otherworldly, and driven by psychedelic madness, and hence are annoying and seem disingenuous. Fueled with murder, pent up sexuality, and an adolescent's view of anarchy, the lyrics fill up nearly every second of every song and do not always work to their advantage.

The guitar tone is rather sharp, modern sounding and a bit polished. While such traits in this style of music would bother me, it seems appropriate considering number of influences shaping Acid Bath. The riffs cycle through stoner/southern riffs, a few grind streaks, and some slow riffs. Why these guys are labeled as sludge/doom eludes me. All of the characteristics of the genre are missing, save the bluesy sections which is always present due to the Sabbathian influence (might as well call every Sabbathian metal band doom). In fact, this a very "happy" album. The up-tempo riffs eagerly hands you a smiley sticker once you turn the album on. The few exceptions are simply moody and mellow, not of thunderous impending doom. The solos are pretty enjoyable, as the guitarists have their own unique style and way of making such a normal solo sound eccentric.

outerheavenpa.bandcamp.com/album/diabolus-vobiscum
good death-doom

The bass has quite a bit of chorus on it, giving it a very thick yet boxy quality. It usually stays where it should be in the mix and doesn't become annoying at all, unlike some bands. On a few tracks, it just bellows beneath everything, providing a deep rhythm that's fantastic to do the horizontal tango to (if you get my drift), chiefly on "Paegan Love Song" and "13 Fingers". The drums are fine and serve their purpose.

Unlike other Sludge bands, the "faster" tracks on here are much better than the slower tunes. They seem to contain more ideas, better riffs, improved lyrics, and an overall more fulfilling sound. These songs remind me a lot of their debut effort with its sole mindset of being pissed off, hopped up on speed and acid, and, in the words of Patrick Bateman, being ready to "stab you to death and then play around with your blood". Hell, even the slow tracks on that album were good (minus "Finger Paintings of the Insane"). The midpaced tracks are alright at best, due to their general grooviness. Two tracks, in particular, are far too brooding and sulky. They break up the grind and stoner nonsense and cause the album to lose all momentum. I'm talking about "New Death Sensation" and "Venus Blue". They meander about, have very little substance, and simply seem like they could be singles on the alternative charts. There is an exception to this album's rule of "slow songs=mediocre" and that is the song "Dead Girl", which has its own strange charm to it. This is due to the emotive performance from Dax, the bluesy acoustic guitar work, and macabre eulogy style lyrics. It reminds me of a man with a broken heart. This man needed to kill a young lady that he had been stalking and had developed a intense obsession with, and is now lamenting over her corpse, basking in how they can now be together since life had kept them apart.

That's actually their best album

meme album

Dax is a competent vocalist, ranging between rasps, strained shouts, and clean croons to the full moon. Every so often though, his vocals have distortion layered on them. These parts never sound as good as his natural harshness and sound like modern skullduggery raping an otherwise fine thing. Also, Dax is not always in the same key as everything else; a moderately annoying fact unless you've become a rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth fanboy of the band (which apparently most people that listen to them are) or you've somehow gotten used to it.

As far as the production goes, it is simply okay. Everything is clear, nothing is overemphasized, and it does not sound sterile. But…one thing that absolutely pissed me off was the snare in "New Death Sensation". Out of the entire drum kit, they decided to add a slight amount of delay, distortion, and reverb to it and, my Satan, it sounds fucking horrible. Actually, that whole song bothers me since it ends on a lame note after such a build up, but, then again, even that is shite.Acid Bath seemed to be aiming for a hybrid of Sabbath meets David Bowie meets extreme metal, along with some other weird influences. Calling this sludge or sludge/doom, on the other hand, is a total fallacy. It's essentially alt rock with extreme metal elements. Mike Sanchez even said:"Our music is commercial in an extreme sense. We need more airplay. To the kids out there listening to NIN, Korn, Tool, Black Sabbath, Ministry, and The Deftones, if you haven't heard Acid Bath then you're still in for a beating." Says it all, huh?

I'm not taking points away for genre since the band does not identify themselves as sludge. I consider their music being inconsistent and unsatisfying, with a few exceptions being "Bleed Me an Ocean" and "Paegan Love Song". I recommend Acid Bath to those who want sludge pop or used to shop at Hot Topic or Spencer's. For those who want Sludge, gimme (pre-"Torso") Grief, Eyehategod, Iron Monkey or Toadliquor, please.

Is there ANYTHING good by Satyricon?

REAL INDUSTRIAL BLACK METAL HOURS

starting with

THRONE OF MOLOK

youtube.com/watch?v=_cHh39f8EYg

POUNDING NVKLEAR BEATZ

FEROCIOUS RIFFAGE

and the occasional bleepbloop

It's a fine substitute for Iperyt.

ONLY FALLEN HAVE WON
BECAUSE THE FALLEN CAN'T RUN
MY VISION'S NOT OBSCURE
FOR WAR THERE IS NO CURE

Pssht kid wanna buy some glam?

You know it!

Do you have any Brett Michaels by Whitesnake?

>when the s4t4nic beatz WAY 2 HARSH 4 human earz

>the heaviest album in existence isn't even metal

lmao

>soft proto-sludge
>heaviest album in existence

jej

I like Swans but "No."

Heaviest album in literal terms is pic related

only nu-males think this is heavy

Recommend modern tech death bands that use 6 string guitars please

oh come on

we all know that Swans is babby's first pseudo-sludge but Sunn O)) has NOGROOEVS
and
no grooves
no heaviness

Crossfaith

New to death metal. Can someone recommend me a few bands/albums, melodical, technical or brutal. I really like Behemoths Demigod, DTs Atoma & Cryptosys s/t, also not really into pig squealish vocals if that helps anything.

It's like prog metal but for adults.

weak bait

S O O N
O
O
N

name a better band pro tip you can't

only nu-males think this is heavy

DAWN OF FIRE
SUN IS RISING
ABOVE THE WARFIELDS
NVKLEAR ORGASM

youtube.com/watch?v=23P3J5ovxsc
youtube.com/watch?v=bLorNSZjcBI
youtube.com/watch?v=tsdWLtPAVqM
youtube.com/watch?v=s1SY18BJ3J8
youtube.com/watch?v=_C1Xr-2Qk6c

T O T E M
N e x u S
T O T E M
S a t a N

>buttblack

into the trash it goes

heavy metal is kinda gay and homoerotic music which inspires the hidden queer in metalheads

the only queer here is you

progressive init

thanks m8 I'll look into it

i bet you kiss girls you homo

You just KNOW

Great album, Daniel's best since Remedy Lane

Can anyone rec some good instrumental metal? I'm sick of shit vocalists ruining stuff I otherwise like, so I'm trying to get into it. Been listening to Tempel and I like it.

what's the best stoner shit album

Canvas Solaris

I wished i could get groped by a skelly girl

Elder Druid - Magicka, is pretty decent

Why is this posted so much? Is someone trying to force a meme or does it trigger spergs?

No idea why its been posted so much as of late but it's a legitimately great album.

agreed

kek

What ya listening to?

for me pic related

strawpoll.me/12127447
strawpoll.me/12127447
strawpoll.me/12127447

/metal/ was a mistake

It's a very good album, who cares if it gets posted alot, you fuckers dont get tired of "number of the beast" or any Burzum ad nauseum and mum is the fucking word .
I am starting to hate Sup Forums with a passion.

Now, please tell me how this album sucks.....

it dosen't it's good

All generals should be

Alice in Chains is unironically good though