What have you seen the past few days?

What did you dislike/like?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~EtInArcadiaEgo
letterboxd.com/m3gasorde69/
letterboxd.com/Shamo/
letterboxd.com/pierrot/list/vulgar-auteurism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stupid pedo shitheads need to be gassed.

/link_gorro

Explain this

What the fuck? Is your car from the fucking sixties if it doesn't have a charger that can output enough energy to not let the battery die?

What the fuck is your problem, retard?

rateyourmusic.com/~EtInArcadiaEgo

>his phone battery doesn't last more than one day

letterboxd.com/m3gasorde69/

Probably watching some Iranian stuff later today, not sure if going out for drinks yet

it'd be nice if cars kept up with battery technology

best movies for being in a suicidal fit of depression? besides stroszek

This is a good general.

>some Iranian stuff

DESIGNATED

>watching movies every day

Holy fuck. Unplug. Go for a hike. Go to church.

>things meme loving redditors say

Watched The Hunt yesterday, thought it was alright. Pretty frustrating not only because of the plot but because I wasn't a fan of the camerawork.

Watched To The Wonder today, the only Malick I haven't seen. It had some wonderful moments, and was excruciatingly beautiful, but it wasn't without some tougher stretches. It felt to me as though Malick wasn't entirely comfortable with the pacing, but ultimately I still believe he's yet to make a bad film.

>Go for a hike
Good advice, but it's hard depending on your geography
>Go to church
lmao

>my watchlist is longer than a DC20 aircraft

SHITTING

JAR

I found the priest bits bit awkwardly placed in TTW. Too little of it, in the wrong parts of the film, out of nowhere suddenly.

Loved it myself though

Mine is bigger

Orson Welles was right

about godard? yea, he's not a thinker but he's a helluva director.

can you recommend some directors that really make you think?

i cant

eisenstein
tarkovski
panahi
farhadi
kiarostami
pta
coens
fellini

Of course Godard is a thinker, you apes. Anyone not 'liking' or agreeing with his ideologies or processes doesn't make him not to be one.

letterboxd.com/yawned
>tfw close to getting into KG
Soon...

right, obviously i was being subjective

Saw Elysium. I would put it behind both District 9 and Chappie, but I still liked it.

I think you're in the wrong thread my pleb friend

>le class consciousness, le means of production, le marx!
>"thinker"

how does one get close to getting into KG?

Why Farhadi? He's a great director but never films anything abstract. He takes a voyeuristic approach into Iranians' lives.

Friend of mine just got given invites and while he's run out it means others will as well so i'm gonna trawl the invite forums on PTP,CG etc till some nerd hooks me up

his point is he is still technically a thinker
of course me & u know better than to take him seriously as one

No, it's the right one.

By the way , I suppose the ranking
District 9 > Chappie >Elysium is the consensus

do these directors make you think?
or do they just make good films. fellini only cares about the story in films. and pta? characters

>of course me & u know better
That's very gay

It's not even much to keep up with, we've had the same battery technology for decades. The only problem is that the volume got much higher so we need more output.

the homeless retard who sits on the stoop all day and yells at birds technically "thinks" in some capacity

does not make him a "thinker"

im a shaman

IMO it makes me think about human relations but yeah maybe scratch that

tesla used to yell at birds

because dropout_cuck is incapable of going 5 minutes without pushing his snackbar meme director

>and pta? characters
How can you say that after his three last films which have nothing to do with characters but all to do with context of history

fucking what

Dostoevski also only cared about characters can you seriously read TBK and not think about it?
Are you asking strictly in a way on wich i think what the fuck is happening ?

you dont think there will be blood was carried by daniel day-lewis?

What the fuck has fucking actor performance to do with fucking character? The film still was 99% about historical context and not about individual characters, but what they were allegory to and representing.

oh my goddamn fucking god what the fuck

Why are you so desperately projecting?

his books were philosophical, pta's films arent (not to his discredit)
im just saying 'making you think' isnt really what films are good at

If you enjoy any film on this list you should literally kys

Why don't you have any balls to post your profile? Maybe it could help your argument.

>magnolia
>the master
>not philosophical

Yeah maybe inherent vice and punch drunk love are just pure fun but i dont know how the fuck you can say magnolia isnt philosophical

you'll never transcend peasantry unless you're serious about this shit

>not enjoying the great dictator

Murder to any retard who makes this kind of list. Literally attention-whores

chill
i meant his character, the film is abt daniel plainview its his story

I've seen about 90% of thoise films and didn't like majority of them desu

it's a joke list famm

Not even a top 5 Chaplin

>enjoying literally the only shit movie of the list (Besides fucking inside out)

lmao

Daniel is obviously a product of that era

It is only Daniel's POV by name, but first and foremost it is the story of what he represents and is allegory to.

Not a POV of character like you would have in Dostoyevsky novel where you focus on the human psyche for 700 pages.

Get me?

i don't think you know what projecting means my man

every character is generally a product of an era.

>inherent vice and punch drunk love are just pure fun
If you genuinely think that, you didn't understand either movie, especially Vice, which is probably his most complex work.

What are some films that have divided the general film community in the Internet?

stuff like Blackhat comes to my mind.

>implying
someone here never read Pynchon

IV was better than the Pinecone novel, probably worst that I've read from Pynchon

Tree of Life

letterboxd.com/Shamo/

good taste

Ain't that loved by critics in general? Blackhat divided them quite well

>letterboxd.com/pierrot/list/vulgar-auteurism/
Pretty much everything on there that isn't acclaimed.

>let's make a movement to re-evaluate these shitty films we like
>hey yeah, and let's also include films by directors like Mann who already have acclaimed films that don't need re-evaluation, to make these shitty ones seem like their on the same level
>?????
>profit

Honestly, any genuine proponent of auteur theory should be acknowledging guys like Paul W.S. Anderson and Rob Zombie as auteurs regardless. Auteurism has nothing to do with abject quality, and all of the directors VA champions fit the definition of auteur pretty nicely.

>Auteurism has nothing to do with abject quality, and all of the directors VA champions fit the definition of auteur pretty nicely.
indeed so i fail to understand need for 'vulgar' prefix

There was really no need for a new category. 'Auteurism' suits fine.
Zombie a shit.

there is no "need" for it

No u

please give me a movie that will take my mind off real life!!

spl 2

Yeah, that was my point.

>we've had the same battery technology for decades
patently untrue mate

batman vs superman

Zombie is one of the only genuinely talented directors working in horror today, tbqh. His last two movies were both near-masterpieces.

all movies take my mind off real life

Lithium batteries have been around since the 70s fool.

>working in horror
>that caveat

All About Lily Chou Chou. Bonus points if you lost a friend in middle school.

This, although maybe I've only seen 70%

Not him, but while IV is certainly complex, that doesn't mean it isn't a greatly fun and thoroughly entertaining movie

No, I definitely agree, but in the context of the argument, he was basically arguing for Vice being a 'turn your brain off' kind of movie. It's probably the least character driven movie PTA has ever made, almost solely propelled by its themes.

i always wonder, why no before midnight? it makes the creator of this seem even more fucking edgy because it's the most jaded film of the trilogy

hou is this?

>Excellent. This exchange is the Vulgar way -- through conflict, comprehension. The crucible of challenge & fury begets peace & understanding. Well done, Mason.

>And through this, you've earned yourself a new follower, my good sir. I'd be willing to learn more about your specific tasts in vulgar auteurism by reading more of your reviews.

Please tell me that dude's memeing, because that's fucking sad if he isn't