Are modern synths worth buying anymore?

Are modern synths worth buying anymore?

>
I own a Sub Phatty. Favorite purchase I've ever made. You're just a fucking idiot.

your computer is more powerful than any moog or yolanda, and with 1000x more of a musical pallet. Just buy a fucking midi controller

yes; they are BETTER than analog synths
>"b-b-but muhhhh warmth!"
get real lads

Software filters sound shit and have no character.

is it really 2003 where you live?

I'm not an analog purist but this is correct, software sounds lifeless to me and it makes working with it a lesser experience

Computers are glitchy and annoying to use. Nothing is comfier than a knob-per-function hardware synth.

thats precisely the reason to not get one

they are everything and everything and you get lost in the sheer amount of options

hardware synths are very powerful as they are and takes a ton of work to start knowing them inside and out to start producing interesting sounds on them

no one can scratch the surface of knowing popular softsynths so well you can start going beyond the box they are in, its too vast

hardware synths give you some walls to push against to start making it get interesting

soft synths are tedious to use and not fun

hardware synths are fun to use and cultivate creativity by being tactile

Also filter sweeps with shitty MIDI resolution stepping sound atrocious.

fact: using a sample size of 1,000 and a 5% confidence interval, NASA determined that 98.5% of producers were unable to tell the difference between a 440Hz sine wave modulated with a High Pass Filter with a cutoff frequency of 3,502 generated by an analog synth vs virtual analog. They had also determined that (using the same parameters mentioned above), 93% of producers WERE able to distinguish the difference between an analog synthesizer vs software synthesizer.

>tfw to poor for a hardware synth + interface + cables +whatever else you need

save up?

see you in a year

Get a microbrute they're less than $300

This. My friend has one and says it's a pure joy to have around

I just like analog better because to me it feels like a more of an immediate response, and for some inexplicable reason I get a sense that they are warmer. But I can totally see why soft-synths would be ideal for music production, given their versatility. I'm not a producer though, I just play for myself

this is retarded
all you have to do is limit yourself to a single softsynth or a few. I did this with serum until I mastered it
gearfags are fucking delusional

plain wrong, I use a shitty $200 midi controller and it sounds as accurate as my father's moog

meh.

just checked it, my midi controller moves by increments of 0.2%

There is definitely something to be said for workflow and I find having something physical far better than menu diving. If that isn't your concern you can get as far if not further than through soft-synths.

Do you play live? Then yes, usually. If you don't, they usually arent.