ITT: Unintentionally funny albums

ITT: Unintentionally funny albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=18ZxQ_x3JFk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool_(band)#Discography
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every Liturgy album

any swans album really, gira takes himself way too seriously

it tries so hard to sound spooky and edgy i couldnt stop laughing my ass off second track in

Everything about Swans is a joke.

Michael Gira's dad was rich and Gira turned down private school just to be an edgy faggot. He was awarded every opportunity in life and intentionally rejected it to make shitty music about how much life sucked.

Fuck out of here with this insincere bullshit.

>Michael Gira's dad was rich and Gira turned down private school
hahahahah is this true?

why is it always the edgelord musicians that are ALWAYS the ones that are well off but pretend they arent?

>not twenty seconds in
Assuming you're talking about Filth, the first track is the funniest

Yes, it's true.

He grew up in a rich area of LA.

It's kind of a joke really.

no im talking about the album that was in the pic related

Shining Star always makes me laugh every time I hear it, it's so terrible.

wasn't his father a construction worker or something?

Lmao

No.

His dad was a successful business man.

Any Ghostbath album

need source on this

Gira’s background is reasonably researched and displayed on the YOUNG GOD RECORDS website: to summarize several excellent articles about Gira’s background, he was born in the 50’s and grew up in a relatively affluent suburb of Los Angeles during the 60’s, the son of a wealthy international businessman and a housewife. Shortly before entering adolescence, Gira’s parents split up; his father moved to Europe, then Indiana and his mother slowly spiraled downward into alcoholism, drinking away the holdings and neglecting the young boy. Soon, at 12, he began delving into the world of drugs, enjoying the music of his day such as the DOORS, the SEEDS, LOVE, and BLUE CHEER. His delinquency culminated into getting busted during junior high with a pocket full of Seconals; to avoid a lengthy sentence in juvenile hall, he was required to live with his father in Indiana, which Gira recollects as “an armpit”.

Around 1969, Michael Gira moved to Paris with his father, where Gira began hanging out with hippies, panhandling (though he didn’t need to), and taking drugs. At one point he was jailed for several weeks (as a minor) for vagrancy, abandoned by his father in hopes of teaching the young boy a lesson. After a stint at a tool factory in Germany which he chose over a prestigious school in the Swiss Alps, Gira ran away, hitch-hiking through Greece and Yugoslavia until arriving in Israel at the age of 15, selling hash first on a collective farm, or kibbutz, and later (after a near-bust) a hostel, where he was finally taken into custody by Israeli police.

The videos are even better

youtube.com/watch?v=18ZxQ_x3JFk

What the fuck even is Gira, that entire story sounds fake as hell

I can not stop thinking that the vocalist is just burping out all the lyrics when I hear their albums

Yeah the vocals on this have always ruined it for me - fucking ridiculous even by death metal standards

Dude wtf, it sounds as a very well done copy pasta

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool_(band)#Discography