No True Detective this summer

>No True Detective this summer.

They're giving us enough time to forget season 2 happened

Y NOT?

Season 2 was shit.

>That final scene where Ray dies in slow mo

JUST

Am I the only one who was bored by season 1 but liked season 2?

Never watched season 2, was it really that bad?

and secs before it cuts he wakes up

top kek

does anyone have that webm?

It's a goddamn loop this life of mine Ray.

And I'm the clown.

No, Sup Forums has shit taste and you know it

Yeah, you're right.

They tried REALLY hard to make it edgy and it was just garbage

It was absolute garbage, one of the biggest letdowns I've ever experienced.

yes

Looking more and more like season 3 isn't happening. Pizza wants to do something new.

Not at all. It's different to S1 is all.

this is my least favorite life

i got 6 eps (out of 8) in and realized i had no fucking clue what the plot was so i decided to drop it

It's pure hack

It wasn't good. After a god-tier season 1, season 2 felt dissapointing that's all.

Thats how bad s2 was. It literally killed the show

same here. are you me

dont believe anyone that says its good.

don't believe anyone that says it's bad

In my opinion, no
Season one is better overall, but it's still not horrible. Just different

>Never watched season 2, was it really that bad?

It was true kino.

1 is about the plot, 2 is about the characters. Both are enjoyable.

>1 is about the plot, 2 is about the characters.

This is completely wrong.

1 was about BOTH plot AND characters.

2 was about neither.

Do you know why stories never have 4 main characters? Its because it makes for a shitty story.

watch this instead

it's excellent

1 is about the characters, 2 is about the plot. Both are enjoyable.

Anyone that claims S2 was good is a lying shill.

this

not withouy my boy danny

thought it was confirmed they cancelled it

season 2 had too many characters with backstories that they wanted to delve into. it was too much

>pizzadoodoo wanted the third season to be about a blind detective

i swear that man has brain problems

I just want to watch Bosch again...
>At least it gives me time to finish Echo Park and The Crossing I guess

season 3 isn't happening though

I cared where the story was going in S1, but not about the characters, S2 had me hoping they would make it.

stop making poo up

I personally didn't care for a corrupt california town with fat head mobsters and three bumbling cops.

he's in it moron

don't bitch about something without watching it first, it makes you look stupid

oh wait...

Yes, my special snowflake

Fron the dusty mason

The main characters in S1 got way more explored and realized though.

It was a mess. The only parts I thought were good were when ani is drugged at that sex party, and when frank dies. But those moments never reach the good moments of season 1.

S1 was better in every single aspect. but S2 had funnier memes.

A loony shader groo

i'm 3 episodes in and he's been in it for like 5 seconds

HBO is screwed when Veep and GoT wrap up.

based westworld will save them, r-right?

So who WAS he shooting at?

HBO might be doing wheel of time, but I doubt it. Though really they are the only one who can.

tfw waiting patient and nice for last season of the leftovers

God. Ge was shooting at God.

Nothing?

god

.......GOD.......

Ctuhlu

If you're waiting for a new season of True Detective, you shouldn't hold your breath, Ray. Me? I don't even have lungs. Caspere knew this

;_;

Probably some 2deep4u shit like he was shooting at god.

Season 1 was better but season 2 had some good stuff. Frankposting was pretty great.

so sad this meme is dead

GoT is their cashcow and now they can milk forever. It also showed them that pandering to idiots and women will go a long way profitwise.

no shit series this summer thank god

It's gotten end sometime. They're probably already desperately searching for a new novel series to rip off.

ITT:

>plebs who fell for the red herring "Rust-goes-on-existential-nihilism-speech" to throw the 2 black detectives off his trail
>plebs who genuinely didnt understand S2 and therefore didnt appreciate the detective story

Not bait son. You simply didnt understand S1, nor S2.

The only reason why people think S1 is superior, is due to Rust. Thats it.

The occult murder ritual murder story is not that great.

S2 is actually a fucking amazing detective story. When I figured out the killer in Episode 4, I was fucking amazed at the quality.

Sadly people think that "true detective" is about style over substance, which it isnt.

Its about detective work.

Idk maybe I'm biased because my dad and I watched every episode of season 2 together

It really is nowhere near as bad as everyone says. It was certainly disappointing, but it had its moments

How was that not awkward af

I promise you this is a non troll response.

Yes it is bad. Binge it if you feel compelled to clear out watching TD, but you will most likely be disappointed.

Season 2 is a shitshow compared to S1. The awkward dialog, sprawling plot, and (for me) unsympathetic characters make the first 4 eps extremely jarring. I feel like I got nothing back from the time I spent watching S2. Maybe I just need to re- watch it though. At least the first ep for Bezzerides' butt

Season 2 was ass, because of it you'll now have to refer to specify "the first season" whenever you're talking about the greatness of True Detective. Shame really

TD season 2 is one of the best pleb filters on this board.

>green paint = green ears

singlehandedly makes S2 better.

Here's the thing, the people who say S1 was bad are just as bad as people who say S2 was bad and vice versa.
The whole story and writing was better in S1.
S2 was factually fucking good however, and Ray is a god-tier character. The 4 of them were all pretty damn good really, except for Frank's writing at times. That's as honest as I can be about it.
S1>S2 but they are both quality material.

why would it be?

stupid frogposter

I miss the LEBRONS and FAT PUSSY memes

It was flawed but nowhere near as bad as people were saying. I'd recommend watching it.

It's great. Don't let the pleb tier fags here stop you from watching it

watch it for yourself I personally enjoyed it more than S1

ASS
PEN

blowjobs
gay sex
other shit

They say if you give them an inch they'll take a mile. That's why I always give them every inch in the wrong hole, Ray, until they can't shit right for a week.

You know what's odd, I've completely forgotten who the killer was in season 2. Now that I try recall in it, it wasn't terribly important to the whole shebang.
Frank getting edged out by Russians, what's his face getting knocked off by his gay army bros buddies, the whole ray arc, all of this seemed more important than the murder, which was all season uno was about.

That being said, I still really enjoyed season two, it was just a different story and style to tell.

I think season two just had to much going on, while season one was fairly direct.

where can i find ray's jacket in tweed

This is why people didnt like S2 mostly.

You didnt get it.

It was the most relevant part about the story arc.

The murder of the 2 kids' parents and the theft of the blue gems started the entire plot.

They set the entire events in motion by killing Casper.

You didnt get it son.

fuck man i'm a contrarian at heart so probably i will enjoy season 2

This

>tfw I loved both seasons a lot

I waited for a while then marathoned season 2 in one go. Really enjoyed it.

Good choice user.

Its all about the details.

>rewatched it recently
>dream scene with the father predicts how he dies

I fucking love S2.

I get that it started the plot. I think most of us were hoping for it to be another murder who done it style season.
That being said, still really liked season two.

2 is better than one but plebs couldn't follow it because it didn't make their Subtle Lovecraftian Cosmic Horror senses tingle and its protagonists weren't Just Regular Guys I Can Relate To. Lol don't mow my lawn marty muh wife is mine. Furthermore, there are many more shots in 2 that are pure kino.
>there are people who actually think the crazy ass mexican with the AK and rubber boots isn't 100x cooler and better than some inbred fucking andre the giant retard
kek

*meant rust not marty sorry I slipped up since season 1 was so long ago and so much worse than s2

Me too, my patrician friend.

CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW

It was terrible.