Any spider experts on tonight? Wondering if I should kill or move this guy to a safer area...

Any spider experts on tonight? Wondering if I should kill or move this guy to a safer area. Can anyone tell if non-venomous or potential threat. Can get a better picture if needed.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/spiders/
reddit.com/r/whatsthisspider/
youtube.com/watch?v=4rorJCGF1aM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wolf spider also called garden spider. Not venomous and does not wed. Hunts smaller insects.

Looks like a brown recluse, smash it or burn it

That definetly looks like a Brown Recluse

If this isnt a troll, that shit will fuck you up

wolf spider, seriously, brown recluse? fucking idiot. Not venomous, but creepy af

That's definitely a wolf spider, you fucking Mongols.

Don't comment if you're uneducated.

Definitely not a brown recluse. They're in my house all the time.

Yep this is correct

For the guys saying brown recluse, they usually have a violin shape on them, and wolf spiders are striped

Well its brown so that must mean its a brown recluse

looks like a wolf spider

So wtf is it? I came here to find out whether it is a brown reclus or wold spider. I don't want to get fucked up in my sleep, but also don't want to kill a good spider.

looks like a wolf spider, do you have any other pics of its back?

Just kill it, doesn't matter what kind

You're retarded.
It's a wolf spider. Holy fuck. Use google images, since you obviously don't have the basic knowledge to tell the massive differences apart.

He doesn't do shit. Put a cup over him, use some paper or whatever, and Throw his ass outside.

Here is another picture, I need to make a decision quick. My cats are trying to hunt it.

It is DEFINITELY not a brown recluse

yeah it's just a spider (count legs)
you can smash it or throw it outside
either way it is no harm to you or your son

Just google wolf spider and let your cats eat it

Simple wolf spider, put it outside faggot

put it in a cup and take it outside you fucking nigger. Don't kill precious life

Not only is it brown, but this one also seems to be on its own, living a solitary life...definitely a brown recluse.

literally every spider is venomous you fucking retards, its how they kill and digest their prey

Why would I kill a spider that could potentially keep bugs away from my house.

Get clear tupperware bowl. Put it over it. When you see it visibly climb to the top, slide the lid underneath

This is guy is far from a "spider expert"

Yeah but not all to us. There's some things that can kill us and if it were to bite a dog the dog would be perfectly fine, and likewise we can eat chocolate and dogs can die from it. Just because bugs get killed doesn;t mean the same venom will fuck us up

Alright, going to move it outside. Thanks for the help everyone that contributed, fuck all you other retards.

OP, if you really want to seek a better answer try: reddit.com/r/spiders/

Pls don't ban me I'm only trying to help

Thank you, that is what I'll do.

reddit.com/r/whatsthisspider/

Of cource not, this is very helpful for in the future. Thank you.

Well, as a matter of fact, it turns out that you're right. But still the descriptions fits so perfectly, it has to be a brown recluse! Careful OP !

The spider is clearly a threat. Will it kill you? No, no it won't. But will it try to crawl up your leg while you take a piss? Will it crawl on your face while you sleep? Will it crawl inside your shoe so that you grind it into a messy paste the next time you put them on?

Yes. Yes it will.

look spiders are ok out side , but inside kill it...i mean unless you wanna end up eating that lil nigger in your sleep on accident.

Last pic of spider before it is back in the wild.

venomous =/= poisonous, so your chocolate analogy doesn't work. you can eat venom and be fine, provided your digestive tract has no open wounds or cuts. venoms either disable neurological function, motor function, or simply destroy cells. a venom will work across species unless something has evolved specific immunity to it, usually in order to predate on a venomous animal

also hobo spider wolf or brown recluse all of those will fuck you up some work than others. ie the brown recluse

Are YOU responsible for it missing a leg ??? I'm callind PETA

large spider missing leg likely came into your house to die as that's what big ones do. is it moving sluggishly and seemingly slow to respond to things? if so he's probably on deaths door and it would be kinder just to end him

>experience level: Australian

I want to try some venom with my food now

7 legs wtf

Looks like european house spider

are you actually retarded? like im genuinely concerned for your health.

your digestive tract absorbs nutrient over an incredibly thin membrane, venom would be able to diffuse across because no venom concentration in the blood vessels and high venom concentration in your intestine, so it would still enter your bloodstream.

>being this retarded

It moves in quick bursts, but trying to catch him and it doesn't seem to even care. I was wondering about the missing leg. This is the fist spider I have encountered in my house, but we have only owned it 4 months now. I don't want to release it outside just to die a long and painful death.

tegenaria atrica has a different pattern on its abdomen. more circular instead of long stripes.

>you can eat all the venom you want
time to blend me up a smoothie i guess hand me those black widows

try touching one of its back legs with a pencil or something, does it run from you (and if so how far) or does it sort of just pull the leg away?

*one of its back legs from behind

this is usually a good indication of how much a spider wants to live

And none of those should be confused with this little sumbitch, the common grass spider, these little fucks seem to want to infest every inch of my living spaces just to terrify me, they are also the fastest fucking spiders you will ever lay eyes on, thankfully they are very unaware of slow moving objects like a shoe hovering inchs from them inching ever closer.

not before it digests them. you know venom is composed of enzymes, right? that would get digested and rendered harmless in your gut

please, explain to me how a protein would not get digested in your gut and then pass through the membranes of the epithelial cells in you small intestine completely intact. proteins do not survive for long in your gut

Update: Trouble has arrived. The spider just pulls away, that is why I am having trouble capturing it.

It's not a wandering warrior looking to challenge you to a duel so that it can die in glorious combat before it's too old to do so. It's a fucking bug.

Spiders come into your house because it's sheltered and climate controlled, and, since you're browsing Sup Forums, I would assume also because you're a filth-monster whose house has plenty of cockroaches, silverfish, and other parasites for it to eat.

Okay, maybe not the last part. But my point is that it's a hunting spider, meaning it runs around looking for things to eat and fuck.

That being said, if you leave it be, it will eventually end up trying to eat and fuck your mouth while you sleep.

I have little experience with hunting wolf spiders but try moving extremely slowly, its quite likely it will be completely oblivious to your approach, then when you are very close, SQUASH THE FUCKER.

Just a grass spider, they can bite, but only if you fuck with it, doesnt hurt and is not venomous or dangerous.

I heard this shit bites

WRONG MY FRIEND, that is NOT a grass spider.

see and DO NOT LET THESE FOUL INSECTS FOOL YOU.

nearly all spiders bite, most in the US are not harmful in the long term.

Before I got a good job I lived in a small trailer and I use to run into roaches, but never anything like that, I would have trouble sleeping, knowing that it could crawl in your ear or nose in the middle of the night. I guess the same could happen with roaches though.

well that is entirely dependent on what temperature and pH the venomous enzymes denature at, and also whether or not the digestive enzymes in the digestive tract would be able to recognise, bind to and subsequently break apart the enzymes. So really, it would depend on the type of venom you're ingesting. I don't think it would be too intuitive to say "oh venom is made up of enzymes, we can digest some enzymes, therefore we can digest all venoms"

Tell me about it dude, theres one in my shower or sink every fucking morning, been finding them in my bed and clothes and shit. Started shaking out my blankets every night before going to sleep. I know theyre completely harmless but they scare the shit out of me and keep me on edge.

Try spraying around the baseboards where they usually travel with lemon pledge or any lemony scented shit cause they hate it, doesnt work completely for me but made a noticeable difference.

ITT: Spider psychology.

Lay the spider on a chaise lounge and ask it about its mother.

>I would have trouble sleeping
I have nightmares trust me.

If you have roaches or anything like that in the house keep it itll eat them. Wolf spiders are bros. Plz no kill

wolf or hobo? it's fangs look fucking swollen with poison

gotta know whos still kickin and who needs a squishin

It has been done. Sorry for the quality, hard as hell to see through tupper ware. Waiting on it to get on the side then going to put outside in the patio, it can fuck any bugs up that go in there.

wolf spider for sure

Alternatively it will breed rapidly and infest your residence, kill it KILL IT NOW BEFORE IT REPLICATES.

>implying im some spiderwizard that has learned to use the Internet and a keyboard

YOU CANT FOOL BE FIEND.

If you want a real answer, go over to /r/spiders. Try to avoid the niggers and faggots though.

I agree, even if it were something dangerous I would still probably just move it far away from my house if I could catch it. I would give it another chance at a meaningless life.

at least I cleared out the retards. seeing as venoms are meant to be injected, they almost certainly function optimally at the pH of cells and the extracellular matrix, which is right near 7. so they would almost certainly be nonfunctional in your gut.

next, digestive enzymes do cleave peptide bonds at specific sites, but these sites are present in all polypeptides. for instance, trypsin binds right behind lysine or arginine. chymotrypsin binds right behind amino acid residues with an aromatic ring.

there's another one whose name I'm forgetting, but the picture is this: digestive enzymes bind to specific sites, but these sites are present on all polypeptides, especially when you consider all digestive enzymes working together

>tfw you can't wed mysterious, loner wolf spiders

As I understand it, spiders become sluggish and lazy when they're cold or hungry. It's very likely that you're just coming upon poor little creatures that just need a little bit of love.

See look im human

Disgusting spider lovers.

Hmm, that is quite convincing...

Spiderwizards are just a myth sleep tight friend

I laughed at this shit

Gtfo

solid solid solid points there user. I can't find a flaw with that. I seceed. Everyone eat as much venom as you want, probably be good for you just an extra source of amino acids. Mind if i ask what you what you do for a living? Second year biomed science student here

Woahh there. What kind is that? Are those eggs on its back? It's OK to call me a moron if these are dumb questions

Alright, cats have been diverted, spider is safe and has my protection. Everything is finished. Thank you all. This was my first time posting and appreciate all the help and lulz from spider guy. Have a great night everyone.

good for you on the biomed. I used to be a chemical analyst for big pharma, but I have a biology major with strong cellular and molecular emphasis. think immunology, developmental biology, and the molecular genetics of cancer. if you plan on going to med school, study for that mcat and get good grades. don't get depressed like I did. right now I'm studying for the gre so I can join ROTC as a grad student. good luck user

pic unrelated, but my brother says there's a frog in this picture

Those things are harmless. Just a little grass spider. Guide it into your open palm and take it outside. I do this all the time

their babies, lots, and lots, of babies.
youtube.com/watch?v=4rorJCGF1aM

We have been through this, its a Wolf spider, not a grass spider, it will bite the fucking shit out of you.

You're not wrong user. But there's also the fact that bigger spider = older spider (in general). generally when we get spiders in our houses down here, they're fucking monstrously big and don;t give a fuck about what you do to them even though its 32 degrees out. and any spider that big could get food no trouble. so when they come into our houses, not moving or giving a shit about what you do to them and they're beat up missing a le or two, there's only one real thing they want. a warriors death by a supreme hunter

Those are her babies.

Spiderbro

.....leave the little fucker alone, he'll help defend your castle from the spiderfoe.

HE WILL CRAWL IN YOUR MOUTH AND LAY EGGS IN YOUR BRAIN!

Look here nigger. I don't give a shit if its a wolf or grass spider. These fuckers always get into my room and I've always picked em up to carry outside. These faggot little things are harmless.

Well dont call it a grass spider when its a wolf spider faggot, all spiders deserve to die regardless however.