We are thinking of purchasing a new puppy and we have narrowed it down to two breeds

We are thinking of purchasing a new puppy and we have narrowed it down to two breeds.

Context: We have three other dogs and two cats.

Who gives a shit? Fuck yourself

Thanks for the help

As someone who has both a shepherd and a husky id go with husky.

My shepherd is a 7 months old and shes dumb as fuck...shes huge and she jumps on me or climbs in my lap thinking shes a little ass dog or something. Grooming her is a nightmare and she gets smelly fairly quickly.

My husky is amd has always been chill as fuck...even when hes being a goof hes mindful of his surroundings

I appreciate your your input and consider it. But my biggest concern is that the dog's prey instincts will go after the cats.

The dog on the left is a malamute.
The reason your shepherd is so annoying is because you haven't been taking proper care of her. Shepherds are smart enough to know when their owners are weak leaders and will take advantage of this.

A german shepherd has the potential to be one of the most obedient and loyal dogs you could ever have, IF you raise them properly.
The fact that you have three other dogs tells me that
A) You're experienced and responsible enough to handle a GSD as your fourth dog,
OR
B) You have too many dogs as it is and getting a GSD will result in you raising an aggressive, difficult, and disobedient animal.

Doggo rekt thread?

honestly if you can't decide, you should just get a mix of the two.
Mutts are usually healthier and a GSD/Malamute mix would be beautiful and fluffy.

Yea i do actually know its a malamute but i gotta admit im just pretty ignorant and call them both just huskys.

I dont treat her like shit. Ive done everything i could with her but shes still annoying as fuck.
Eveeyones saying she will grow out of it but i dunno maybe im just judging from my other dog since hes the opposite of her.

Well he does goes after cats or sny critters on his turf but it doesnt bother me since i dont want cats shittin in my yard.

Hes good with babies and he has a shit ton of patience for my shephard and she annoys the fuck out of him too

i've never thought of that, that is an interesting idea.

you don't know how to properly raise a Shepard you dipshit

Ive got a husky. His funny as fuck but so much work and the amount of hair he loses drives me nuts.
My mate has a Sheppard and his all ready smart as fuck just as a pup

I love you Sup Forums never change.

PS: Malamutes and huskies can not be taken off leads, their chase instinct is too strong. So you will not have a dog you can take to beaches/parks etc. They are also escape artists, hence why so many get dumped at shelters.

All the comments above about shephards are true, they are smart AF.

I currently have a malamute but previous dog was a shepherd.

Source: I volunteer at a arctic breed rescue organisation

I'm not saying you treat her like shit, I'm saying Shepherds need a high standard of training and care that most other dogs wouldn't need.
Again, they are incredibly smart and can be prone to aggression once they learn their place and what they're capable of.
She's only 7 months though. Just be vigilant with her, throw her ball around, get her to run, tire her out. It should calm her down.

If you introduce the cats while it's still a puppy, it should have no problems growing up and getting along with them.

So true. My husky jumps our 6 foot fences. And its risky taking him anywhere because im scared of him getting away and running off for ever. He wont come back when called

>He wont come back when called
Even your dog thinks you're a fag

My dog is half shepherd and half golden retriever.
Generally, he's a big fucking baby, but sometimes, particularly around food and passersby, the GSD comes out. Barking, growling, ready to kick ass.
This happens because I didn't train him not to do that when he was a puppy, and now it's dangerous to train legitimate food aggression out of a full grown dog without professional help.

I have a husky and when we brought a small kitten into the house, he was just curious, saw it as a play mate rather than food. Now that the cat is settled in they fucking tear around the house together all day, inseparable. Some huskies can be pretty tough to handle but mine is chill as fuck and an awesome pet

Get a GSD. Best friend you will ever have.

I probably should go fuck him then

Don't forget to post the video

Well she is gentle sort of when it comes to living things. My bfs sisters Chihuahua is always at my place and shes full grown but extremely tiny. I used to get scared when my shepherd would play with her because that lil dog is so fragile and shit but ill watch my shepherd put the damn things head in her mouth but not chomp on her or anything so its clear she understands how to be gentle.

Ive tried to get her to walk but she is afraid to leave the house. No matter what i bribe her with she just doesnt wanna go. I feel bad because she wines and sighs like a bored teenager if shes not running around creating chaos. She literally groans and whines when i tell her its time for bed or to stop fucking shit up. Shes earily similiar to a human kid.

husky easily if you have the money. Alsatians are far more aggressive around other dogs and tend to have more aggressive personalities in general. Huskies are friendly as fuck if you treat them right

If you don't get her to go outside she'll get anxiety and become aggressive... Happened with my old shepherd and we ended up having to surrender him.

No one calls them alsations anymore

Gsd bro, huskies are awesome but they are destructive as fuck, gsd are great all rounders

Well shes outside in my backyard alot. Shes not scared of that area and its pretty big. But once we open that gate and try to get her to actually come out she wont.

Though honestly we got her to become a gaurd dog so we dont really want her to be too friendly to just everyone like my husky is.
Our old gaurd dog was a doberman and she was freaking intimidating as fuck. Guest felt honored as fuck if she let them pet her.
She was a good gaurd dog that didnt let anyone pass by without me or my bf there to let her know it wasnt an enemy.

She ended up getting cancer and died about a month later after she was diagnosed :/

If you dont walk 20 miles a day in a colder climate, please refrain from getting a malamute. They were bred for pulling heavy objects and practically need a job to do in order to be really happy.
Also their fur has a really thick undercoat which is a pain for them in warmer climates.

When going for the German Shepherd and if you are having money, try to get an GDR breed, though very rare nowadays, they are not prone to hip dysplasia, as the western breeds were/are. Plus, try to get one whose back is not falling as much as this is a predisposition for health issues as well (fucking "aesthetic" ideals).

Right. They seem to be cleverest breed around there.

Look at the different classes of the dogs. Husky would be working dog. So pretty smart, eager to please. Shepherd - guard dog so just watchful of strangers. Guard dogs tend to be like babies with the owners but mean to strangers. I would go with the husky just because it'll probably be smarter but hey dog temperaments really just transcend breed boundaries sometimes so whatever. Personally, i like hunting dogs even though i don't hunt. I have a pointer now and he's really smart, energetic, eager to please, and very loving. He has a really good personality. Almost human.

get a husky

and then put your dick in it

just fucking go to a shelter and adopt one there you mother fucker

Being cross bred isn't going to help that situation. You've got two different sorts of dogs in one, so I wish you good luck. Don't know how well you handle aggression but you need to put your foot down about that. If he gets aggressive with you over food remind him who top dog is - I would be more vocal and.. Not physical, but body language says a lot and I'm just the sort of guy who stand up to a dog without trouble - I've had between 5 and a dozen German Shepards growing up, still with them were at 10 right now. You can't show fear but don't be a fool and lose a finger either

this
Rescue some poor motherfucker that deserves to have somebody to love.
I convinced my parents to adopt one after 20 years of purebreds, this one outlives them all so far.
Plus, if you invest the time and commitment to show them what companionship and unconditional loyalty is, they will be thankful.

>We have three other dogs and two cats.
you have a fucking zoo, user.
and don't tell me that you live in a city.
btw what breed are the other dogs?

Gsd if you can take it.