/FMG/ Failed meme general

last one was fun
post the memes you know could have hit the big time but didn't you ungrateful apes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf_W7As6xbk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jonsa

let's not

Sheevposting was a failed meme for over a year. Don't know how it suddenly became popular.

wew

your life is a failed meme

>>>/reddit/

This meme has never taken off, despite the efforts of a dedicated aspergian.

nah m8
sheevposting will rise again by the time of Rogue one,

The fact that they didn't take off proves you wrong. A meme either needs to be genuinely funny, cause visceral reactions (trump, anti drugs, christposting), but most of the time it's just unrelenting autism and temper tantrum shitposting.

Classic example of how forcing a meme for long enough with enough dedication can make it a meme for realses

i don't care for the reasons
i just came here to cheerish sheevposting and vinceposting

>You want life to stop suffocating you? Well, you shouldn't hold your breath, Ray. Me? I don't even have lungs.

It was only going to last as long as S2 did, but vinceposting was ahead of its time

We need to bring back Bebe

I miss vinceposting

Great idea for a thread. If I was a mod I'd let this thread stay open and hell ban everyone. That ought to increase quality for a couple of days before the idiots caught on to why their shitposts werent catching any fish.

salut reddit

Bebe crashing this thread with no survivors

Is Fredposting a failed meme or is it chemo?

Nah not gonna do it

It was too ambitious.

failed

Worst meme of all time.

don't do it, Jimmy

lmaoing @ your life user

Senile Clint Eastwood just never quite took off

Jesus fuck are there any SUCCESSFUL memes?

A lot of these still get posted from time to time, same case with yesterday's thread.

truly a thinking man's meme, to be enjoyed like an expensive cigar

Failed because it was eventually abused and started invading good threads

baneposting is still alive, cunnyposting.
what did he mean by this.
all those are pretty sucessful memes

The shark tank ones with the overelaborate speeches were pretty funny

I like the food memes

the fat guy with the undercooked chicken
that guy with mickey mouse ears eating nutella
and pic related

2patrician4u

MARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

t. redditor

I've only ever seen it in cancer threads

Remember that one guy who became Goofy?

Maybe not on it's on, but it was the age of the constant reposts on Sup Forums, with the What is that? A scar? and the BUENOS NOCHES MEIN FUHRER of this world.

It has a small place in Sup Forums's history

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf_W7As6xbk

mmm

Bebe was always right

fuck you I jerk it to that all the time

Tbh baneposting is essentially dead in the sense that almost everything has been done with it, and I say this as somebody who was there for it right at the start

I mean yeah it still gets posted constantly, but it's the same shit over and over, and it's no where near as prevalent as it was in its heyday

Tbh I actually can't think of any funny memes that are currently going except (occasionally) fredposting

Is everyone on Sup Forums seriously 12 years old now? What happened to this place?

2016 has been terrible on that front. We've been cycling through failed memes instead of carefully refining them (The Pest, Rooney and her Legos...)

Sup Forums never was the main board of many of it's posters, but now it's worse than ever.

Kek I made this one

bullshit.
baneposting will keep going.
alive by new generations of eager shitposters waiting to leave a mark and be big guys

Sup Forums and Sup Forums

/got/ general babby. Fred poster is based.

Is there a dubbed version out yet?

Vinceposting was truly G.O.A.T

i can't remember if crab legs took off or not

I like Orsonposting.

whats his haircut called?

JUST

A joke only reaches meme status once it becomes "abused" and "invasive." That's what makes a meme a meme: it supersedes it's original intended purpose. Caspere knew this.

not failed at all
also not Sup Forums or Sup Forums exclusive, it got pretty popular

>No no no, Ikhil de Busstryver.

Samraimi-posting was good when it first started then quickly turned to shit...

I agree. after the 4u plane crash there was nowhere for it to go but down, nothing could ever top it.

Fredposting is shit though. Baneposting just takes over other memes now

It requires too much thinking and talent. It's why "Casper knew this" caught on a bit. It's a premade sentence that doesn't require anything.

Well made Vinceposts are more than poor analogy with a "fucking" and a "Ray" at the end

Can I be a meme?

YOU AND YER FRIENDS ARE DED

when is that JUST guy gonna show up?

Caspere knew this

It's funny that Hollywood screenwriters also write the "news."

The fact that you faggots are constantly in denial about it's obvious decline will just finish it off sooner.

The majority of the threads are pruned after less than 10 posts, whereas before you had four going at one time, each with hundreds of replies.

Face it, you're a fucking shadow of your former self. Yes, it will survive, but it will capture the original glory, or for that matter, produce anything original.

Its in Meme Lovers 2: Dawn of JUST

That was written by a baneposter right?
i mean, it had to be

I miss Vinceposting but I'm ok with it dying with season 2. You either die GOAT tier or you live long enough to become reddit (i.e. Baneposting)

*never capture

That's a nice outfit, did your boyfriend make it you cock-guzzling faggot?

Anything that started after 2013
Anything that ends with "_posting"

DO YOU KNOW WHO YA ARE DEALING WITH

>they told me you gotta take life by the balls ray.....but they never told me life's a bitch

a lot of memes on Sup Forums percolate for a while before hitting the big time, e.g. kino

It was great for the same reason it failed. Rather than being rote reiterations of a short phrase and very slight variations thereon, it required every new poster to create a new meme. That kind of creativity and commitment is hard to find in the world of post-ironic memery Casper knew this

Insensitive anti PC spiderman meme was one i really liked but it doesn't look like it made it

FIX THIS DAMN DOOR

Obviously nigga

DURN TOLD YA

>FIX MY FUCKING DOOR YOU HOOK-NOSED KIKE, FUCK I WISH HITLER SUCCEEDED

Why did Raimi put this into the movie?

If TDKR had never been released, this would probably have replaced Baneposting eventually, but it would never have been as big by comparison.

It will never be as big as it once was. There's no shame in it, 4 years is admirable, and there's no denying that it had an impact on Sup Forums as a whole.

the guy who wrote the article wasn't. the guy who he quoted from the pilot forum most certainly was

>Rooney and her Legos...

This meme not only failed for being too reddit, it also completely ruined the actress for me, and probably for others as well. Before that she still enjoyed some small but deserved popularity here as that weird actress, after, her face just became annoying.

This isn't even dead.

Half of these memes are still going. For it to be dead, it has to have had no one (or very few people) mentioning it for like over a month at least.

UH OH

ROO ROO MADE A POO POO

This, we had a fucking great run

It probably is the best meme produced by the entire site, but if not that then CERTAINLY this board.