What are the best MMO's out right now Sup Forums? Been playing FFXIV and it's pretty fun, nothing extraordinary...

What are the best MMO's out right now Sup Forums? Been playing FFXIV and it's pretty fun, nothing extraordinary, and patch 3.4 is going to have cool content I've heard. I never really got into WoW but I'm hearing Legion is great. What do I waste my time on Sup Forums? I'm bored of OSRS

wow at least used to be great. quit in early cataclysm when it turned into pure garbage.

bumping to hear opinions on Legion

You could play RS3

blade and soul is the best. has the best combat system of any game ever made. its like an mmo with streetfighter level combo ability. you can chain moves together in real time. plus the graphics are beautiful and gameplay is fun

as for WoW, it sucks now. pvp is unbelievably broken and pve is forcing you to do shit you dont want to do

Legion was fun for a week.

Legion is the fucking shit.
If you start right now you'll be a late scrub but it's better than nothing.

I can offer some decent opinion here due to being an MMO Junkie.

Blade and Soul is alright, but has numerous Bugs and if you're using any form of Gaming PC (which would lead me to believe you MAY be using Razer Synapse GG, because game guard hates it)
Blade and Soul was very Pretty tho I'll admit.

WoW:Legion has been great so far, but the current zone I'm Which is the final one before you finish the story is dragging on something fierce.
And in my opinion is an absolute Drainer atm.
ALSO
One aspect of WoW is the Story/Characters
Unless you're invested into the story and the interaction between the characters you won't get the most out of the experience.

It's a bad time to be a mmo fan unless you like paying $15 a month for wow. Seriously every other mmo is a joke.

Guild wars 2.

Are there any MMOs out there that a poorfag with an old Macbook could handle?

I purchased WoW months ago (up to WoD) and didn't play long enough and let my free 1 month sub run out. I kind of want to try it again but I don't have friends who would play it with me and the fact that 'm basically brand new to a 10 year old game

>poorfag
>macbook
huh?

World of Warcraft is fun again.
I quit after Cata, came back at the end of kungfu panda cause they sent me 7 days of game time.
fucking hated it.

Fast forward to legion launch.
My roommate who stopped playing before WotLK tells me he's buying it and it comes with a free level 100 boost
whynot.jpg

Been having a blast.
Content is WAY easier than it was back the day, but honestly I'm a fucking casual now cause I don't have much time to play vidya, so it's pretty great.

Neverwinter
Vindictus
Riders of Icarus is new, sorta popular on Steam, but not quote complete yet
I haven't played Tera but it looks cool

Eldevin has pretty low requirements and is a lot of fun with a great but very small community.

A classic MMO, good if you enjoy the older style. The crafting is tedious, but the rest of the game is really good. Unfortunately it's not finished, and looking like Hunted Cow might never finish.

Everyone says WoD was shit and Legion is great, I would like to give the game a shot again but I feel like I'm kind of late to start playing WoW

Something to note is that WoW game time can be bought with in-game currency now so you don't need to pay real money for the month-to-month cost.

Guild wars 2. Go on mmorpg website, go to games list, check ratings. Tera is alright, blade and soul is alright. I loved lineage 2, pretty dated now though.

Anyone tried Albion Online?

If you buy legion, it comes with a free level 100 boost, so you wouldn't need to trudge through the early levels.
You can jump right into the new expansion and get into dungeons and raiding, or pvp if that's your thing.

I skipped WoD and MoP and half-assed Cata.
I was still able to jump right back in when legion came out tho.
It's a lot more casual now, so picking it up isn't as bad as it used to be if you were away for a while.

It got pretty bad reviews at launch, but ESO actually got a lot better if you're a fan of the TES universe then it's not so bad. I personally didn't like the PvE but the PvP is a hell of a lot of fun if you're not one of the casual scrubs.

It had a zerg issue due to bs mechanics when I stopped playing though, don't know if that's still the case.

exactly what I suspected
thanks for saving me the 60€ user

Did you even do any of the raids?

Thank you!
(actually surprised someone answered me seriously!)

>more casual now
Try mythic dungeons and getting above a 2300 and tell me how easy it is you scrub

There are 3 main reasons why people play wow nowadays
1 is for the nostalgic shit that everyone keeps revisiting, and end up bitching how this used to be like this.
2 competitive play in pvp, because pve is soo retarded that even a 12 yr old kid can solo any raid
3 friends that want you to try the game, and might end up enjoying it with them.

Legion is fucking amazing, but I also liked some of the WoD content as far as the garrison. Never really played end game WoD cuz I quit after cata

>so picking it up isn't as bad as it used to be if you were away for a while.

I'm obviously talking about the entry point being a lot more casual, not the mid-late game you mouth-breather.
Try basic reading comprehension before you go full REEEEEEEEEEEEEE, faggot.

I have a lvl 90 boost sitting on my account, I've literally never played any of the expansions so if I played again would it be a good idea? I feel like i'd miss part of the game.

>solo any raid
Lolwut
Sure any of the

That's totally up to you.
If it was me, I'd get at least one toon to 110, and then if you really want to you can go back and level an alt, or just go do all the quests on your main.

Most people who are leveling freshies just do dungeons tho. it's the fastest way to powerlevel now.

Great game tbh

But because of the fact its so grindy theres no point in playing it until full release because the servers are getting wiped when it releases so all your progress will be lost

not actually talking about legion because i still think it sucks
and ive never played it, but based on cata and the rest of the patch, i think its safe to say its for 12 yr old kids.

Legion heroics are way easier than they have been in any other expansion.
well, I couldn't speak to MoP or WoD as I didn't play them, but they're a hell of a lot easier than WotLK or Cata heroics.

so you never played legion then

Playing legion rn, I'm having a blast even though I choose a bm hunter at he has literally 5 spells.

Don't really understand how you can say this when the raids are released next week.

The content this far is actually really fun.

DDO

lol cata woltk dungeons were shit tier
i dont know about legion
but the golden age of dungeon was tbc
woltk basically took a big shit on tbc dungeon when they made 99% of all fights a tank and spank raid.
the only good thing from woltk would be the optimal balance in pvp, the rest of the patch sucks ass

>I still think it sucks
>I've never played it
So you have zero argument
Heroics were a joke in cata too. They're just a stepping stone for getting better gear

>never played cata or wod
>everyone says its crap
yeah my argument still stands
you dont have to try it to know if its good, you know shit tastes bad yet you never tried it. thats how logic works

>>

>cata woltk dungeons were shit tier

>Heroics were a joke in cata too.

You're not wrong. However, in my opinion legion heroics are even easier than those two, which is why my original point that still stands:

>picking it up isn't as bad as it used to be if you were away for a while.

Unless you're saying that Legion heroics are actually hard, we're not disagreeing.

I'm just saying that the intro content is easy like every other expac but there is still a lit of challenging shit

mmo is a dead genre, and mobas killed it.

did 2 level since legion

my friends are playing 24/7 tho

guess its fine, but im that kind of guy who buys a month and quits after a few hours and doesnt log in for the rest of the gametime