I will ask this question here and not in Sup Forums because there are more chances of finding people who know of music...

I will ask this question here and not in Sup Forums because there are more chances of finding people who know of music here.
Why is this guy considered a genius? Is it a generational meme that me being 27 can't understand?
I listened the whole college dropout and it was simply crap.
Please only answers from white and educated people, I say this because all the ones who seem to answer are always arrogant niggers spewing illegible babbling.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=134&v=DGDyAb6pePo
youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk
youtu.be/dl-eBz1_MG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not in Sup Forums because there are more chances of finding people who know of music here
I know, right

>Is it a generational meme that me being 27 can't understand?
It is a generational meme but you can understand if you're 27. You grew up during the whole MTV craze right? See this as a continuation of that. Basically, MTV for 20 years + social networks + youtube used a music player = Kanye West

Have you seen the movie Springbreakers? It's like the Kanye West of movies

>btw I'm white, slighty educated and I never ever heard a song from him

Dude's not a genius. If he was white saying all that shit then he'd be lynched like his ancestors.

I don't know man, I'm 32, the MTV generation, and I avoid all of this shit entirely.

I don't know any rappers, I don't know anything about this dude beyond he's a gay fish and married to a hobbit.

I'm still and will forever be in the 90's, there was plenty of good music and I'm even still discovering 90's bands to this day I didn't know about so I get new shit all the time.

Close my eyes, pretend the current generation aren't a bunch of gullible apple cock sucking Bernie supporters who think "dank memes" are so important they can't just enjoy and laugh at something without creating a cringe sub-culture with it.

Kanye may be an irritable asshole, but his music is generally pretty good. The lyrics lately have been lacking but his production is what really sets him apart from other artists. Additionally, he is held in high regard within the hiphop community because many of his collabs also come out great and produce a lot of money. He is seen as a genius partially because he constantly calls himself it (the meme) and because he actually gets shit done when it comes to his craft.
>white
>22
>college degree

Because he makes good music. His voice sucks, but he writes fantastic lyrics. Listen to graduation and you'll begin to see his talent. Listen to the life of Pablo and you'll fall in love.

Allow me to take some stabs at you.

You're lower middle to upper middle class, associate's degree, you have an iPhone but you also use an iPod touch, You use every single social media app that exists, you get your news from Tumblr, you use Sup Forums to feel edgy and set yourself apart from your homeboys who use shit like reddit, 9gag and iFunny so you get the "memes" as they're created here and thus ahead of the game.

Am I close on this?

You're the typical white guy who thinks they know rap music because of Kanye. Kanye is an egotistical faggot...and literal faggot. Kim is his beard. He has lost any sort of respect after being with her and selling out. His music has been ass for a while now too. He's no GOD nor anything else special for that matter. Dude has lost it.

you should feel happy that a white dude even makes an attempt at enjoying your brand of music man.

Be less aggro about it man, besides, your culture is fucking garbage anyway, take what you can get, shitskin.

Allow me to take a stab at you. You've been on Sup Forums since 2012/13. Your not under age but you still with your parents. At least once you've made a joke at a girl and she looked at you with all the contempt you deserve? Am I close?

He sucks. Been listening to music for over two decades. My man here had a fight with a traffic sign that was pretty epic. Other than that, eh. Genius would be a really kind title.

Not even in the neighborhood.

32, how long I've been on Sup Forums is pointless (why does it matter to you?), live in NYC with my fiance who is doing clinical rotations.

Nice try though nignog, guess my analysis was a bit too close to home for you.

He basically started the sampling motown/soul songs in music, which really was a big thing. Lots of respected artists like Kendrick Lamar have also started to sample motown after Kanye began.

Also My Twisted Dark Fantasies was pretty cool, because it was one of the few hiphop albums that was actually raw and real instead of it about bitches, money and cars. Just like with that new songs with all the people in bed vid, he isn't shy to be controversial.

I kinda dig his music, but hate him as a person. He has God syndrome and is overrated af, but you gotta give him some credit for things stated above

He was not the first to sample motown don't even get it twisted.
>youtube.com/watch?time_continue=134&v=DGDyAb6pePo
>youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk

There are a myriad of others who sampled from motown even back to mid 80's . Like he's got no real admission to doing anything but starting vapid trends.

And if anything he was taking samples that other people showed him and had a platform to put them out first . His only saving grace was that he had the money and co-signs from people to do it in order to save his ego . Don't be so hoodwinked.

nobody considers him a genius outside of edgy teenagers online.

the significant majority of his music is mediocre, and everything after 808s was produced and written by an endless list of people.

not to mention him as a person. such an annoying, arrogant twat.

He is the emperors new clothes of music, he doesn't have a real talent and his singing voice is awful but he is in the right generation, art means nothing anymore, a woman peeing and shitting on a newspaper is considered art, a muslim kid puts an already assembled clock in a suitcase to make it look like a bum and its praised as the new Tesla, men are women, whites are blacks, adults are children, etc.
He would have been considered crap 20 years ago but this is a contrarian generation.

Really missin' Lemmy right now .

well said

Was a breath of fresh air when he first came out, musically and lyrically (bringing back soul sampling and a complete aversion to rapping about cartoonish violence) at a time when rap was becoming saturated with 50 Cent clones.

Usually meticulous with beat crafting, boardering on obsession, and unafraid to take risks in switching up an established sound.

Says whatever's on his mind, almost to a fault. Regardless on whether or not you agree with him, it doesn't sound forced or a fake persona.

If you're not a fan of rap/hip hop, you may not give a shit about any of the reasons I listed. Hell, even amomgst hip hop fans, there is a split, where some consider him a genius from the beginning of his career to now, and writes off his oft public sperging as trolling for attention, and others who considered him a genius from his debut up until his mom died, where afterwards he started slowly losing his mind.

youtu.be/dl-eBz1_MG8

woah there edgelord, not even close. I don't use social media, I'm even upper class. I'm not really sure how you could even derive the rest of that info kek

I don't listen a lot to him, but I'm pretty big into a variety of genres. It's hard to not see his influence. He definitely has lost a lot of shit over the years.

OP, I am right there with you man. This shit just confuses the fuck out of me to see a generation of people basically living the Emperors Clothes story line.

We let 11-12yr old girls decide who is popular in music. They have shit taste, but msm just keeps selling it to the non tweens and some idiots eventually by into it.

This is why we have the Kardashians. Shithead girls keep them around.

his albums got better until he reached the peak of his career with "my beautiful dark little fantasy" or whatever it was called. probably the best album of all time for me since I haven't listened to any other album more often and could still listen to the whole thing without skipping a track.

but we went downhill after that. his next album was alright but now his last one was complete crap. his gf ruined him by turning him into a complete retard that forgot how to make good music. it's a shame really

>We let 11-12yr old girls decide who is popular in music. They have shit taste, but msm just keeps selling it to the non tweens and some idiots eventually by into it
>yfw

who cares who is popular in music or on tv or anywhere. consume media you like you retard not whatever is popular at the moment

you dont even know what the album is called yet you say its the greatest album of all time? i highly doubt you've listened to it from start to finish more than one time, if that.

this is the problem with people nowadays. you hear someone else say its the greatest album ever, so you echo that person, and then some other clueless kid sees you say that, and the process repeats itself.

mbdtf = mediocre. kanye's discography = mediocre.

Yeah, but artists who actually make good music go unnoticed. In the last years I have found 4 or 5 musicians with excellent talent and most of the time I spend listening to 90's music (my taste)

This. That user is probably from Sup Forums and saw fantano giving mbdtf a good score. It seems people haven't learn anything from gamergate, never trust reviewers, think for yourself.
I'm currently listening Chantal Kreviazuk Ghost Stories and I think is a perfect album better than anything kanye could make, would never mention it on places like those because of reasons tho.

Give kay-ta a shot my dude. He makes some chill lounge music.

It's very unlikely he's a genius, whatever that's supposed to mean. If people listen to his music 50 years from now it would be a miracle. The music is very popular and in a very popular style which means it's unlikely to have any staying power. Do musicians in other genres speak about him at all? No. For his music to be great it has to transcend pop culture or it will be dead when pop culture inevitably moves on.

>over two decades

In 1996 Jay Z barely had a career, let alone Kanye who he brought into the fold about 6 years later but nice try faggot

Lets face it, hip hop is shit. He just happens to produce some of the higher end shit. People say he's a genius because he's one of the only rappers that is able to change his style from time to time. Also he was a producer before he was a rapper and sells high end clothing and shoes.

>inb4 not american
Maybe I will. I only knew this guy for being boyfriend of a slut

I also really hate people who call themselves fan of an artist and they only listen to the 2 or 3 songs they are famous for in jewtube. Personally I found the best material of a group by lurking into their albums. It happens everytime and the stuff I like about them are the old stuff (when their music was authentic)
>Try: The Internet - Feel Good