Rate Your Music

>Descriptors
>LGBT
What did they mean by this?

Does this mean hetero/homosexual can be used as a descriptor?

Bob Mould and Grant Hart like men

are any of the songs even about being gay? i thought it was teen angst and hating your parents

i don't see why not

>are any of the songs even about being gay?
no. gay people just wanna shove their bullshit everywhere so they feel special. their is nothing homosexual in the lyrics at all. do judas priest albums have an lgbt descriptor now too?

p sure theres somethin about being gay in whatever

You'll notice it says concept album. Here's the concept:
"Zen Arcade tells the story of a young man who runs away to escape a miserable and abusive home life ("Broken Home, Broken Heart", "Never Talking to You Again"). The character briefly joins the military ("Chartered Trips"), turns to religion ("Hare Krsna"), and seems to find a tenuous peace through love ("Somewhere") before losing his girlfriend to drugs ("Pink Turns to Blue").[8] He reaches a point of despair, ultimately concluding that he won't be able to change his circumstances ("Newest Industry", "Whatever") before waking up to find that the whole odyssey had occurred in his subconscious during a night of troubled sleep; the challenges of his life—for better or worse—remain in front of him ("The Tooth Fairy and the Princess", "Turn on the News"). "Reoccurring Dreams", a disorienting 14-minute instrumental that reprises a shorter instrumental interlude ("Dreams Reoccurring"), closes the album."

it means you're gay for liking it

welcome to the club, faggot

obviously a reference to 2/3 of the band being gay, but kind of odd considering the album features an explicitly heterosexual relationship

you mean "why their son turned out wrong"? could be, but by that point of the story the protagonist lost her girlfriend (woman) to drugs and is pretty much lost about his life, so he could be saying he is sorry about that and not being homo

desu it's very ambiguous imo and doesn't fully present itself as a homosexual tale (the relationship presented is hetero, in fact) so i guess the tag comes from association to the musicians.

Do descriptors only show up for people signed into RYM? I go on there on occasions and the 'descriptors' section is always blank.

>Do descriptors only show up for people signed into RYM?
No. I don't have a RYM account.
>I go on there on occasions and the 'descriptors' section is always blank.
Perhaps only albums that are popular (have lots of ratings on RYM) have descriptors.

ya'll are just looking for something to get triggered by

lgbt has nothing to do with the music.

Nope.
>Planned to listen to the album.
>Check it out on RYM.
>Wonder how the LGBT tag correlates to the album.
>Try to find a connection.
>There's no correlation.
:thinking:

Thanks for the help. Turns out it was just certain albums I were looking at that didn't have descriptors.

vote down the descriptor

you can just vote down the descriptor you giant pussies

lmao no wonder the descriptor is there. fags like Decibelle voted for it

lmao

what fags

>their is nothing
>their is
>their
end your life

Faggot got offended? :^)

>gets called out for being borderline illiterate
>calls them a faggot, that'll show them
k

sure it must be a coincidence fags voted in favor and not them tryinng to push their agenda

gays have too much power on rym

>help me Sup Forums, them gays are coming to get me
Good thread, very music related

almost as music related as that descriptor

OP has a point tho.

probably a lot of people here are resentful about gays, but despite that they are right about the descriptor being inaccurate

Why shouldn't I be able to search for music by gay artists?

If it bothers you so much, you can filter it out using that tag too.
Without the tag you sensitive types wouldn't be able to tell whether you are supposed to get triggered by the music or not!

Decibelle, the next time you search for your username in the archive, I want you to know you'll never be a real woman and at best can only pass as a transgender Morton Feldman

only gays would use the site

>Why shouldn't I be able to search for music by gay artists?
because its a music descriptor not an artist descriptor.

you are right, we should. hopefully they'll add artist descriptors in the future

in the mean time, there are lists compiled by users about LGBT musicians. probably not as complete but hey, better than forcing a theme in an album that doesn't have to do with it.

There are no artist descriptors

Besides, it's an album by gay musicians. Thus the descriptor describes the album.

>forcing a theme in an album that doesn't have to do with it.
So the fact that some users on a website called an album gay makes you somehow "forced" to acknowledge that "theme" and therefore unable to enjoy the music? It must be hard to be so sensitive, brah

>RYM is a sjw circle jerk

In other news the sky is fucking blue

not him but you are pulling shit right out of your ass and putting it into his mouth

nothing about the album is gay. should male be a descriptor for the album because it was made by males? should white?

That's not the point m8

The point is that Zen Arcade has nothing to do with LGBT themes, other than the fact that the artists involved are gay.

This.

Stop putting your fucking agenda where it doesn't belong. Nobody else does this bullshit beside you lgbt people.

>There are no artist descriptors
and there should, but the fact that they are not there doesn't imply forcing that feature on album descriptors
>it's an album by gay musicians. Thus the descriptor describes the album.
not all the band was gay, but how does that even work? let's add an "american" tag then as well, since that one is a characteristic of the musicians. also a "male" tag, probably a "young" tag (because they were) and so on. those are all traits of the musicians, so they are as legitimate as LGBT.
>unable to enjoy the music
what are you even on about? am i being "trolled"? be a bit more mature, my friend.
this doesn't have anything to do with enjoyment of the album (which i love), it doesn't have to do with the lgbt community (which i support); it's just that the damn thing doesn't belong there. as i said: some people may legitimately hold resentment towards gays, but that doesn't change the fact that they are right

Male is literally one of the descriptors

why are you lying?

Unrelated question- Is there a way to search for albums on RYM by a descriptor? That would be a really convenient feature.

pretty sure that's supposed to come with the fabled "sonemic"

Has there been any recent updates by the people making it?

the descriptor function is pretty awful, honestly

It's male vocals. Male vocals refers to the music. LGBT does not refer to the music.

idk i haven't been looking for any
last official estimate for a beta release was April 2016 i think though so yeah