Reverent progressive Muslim, ask me anything

Reverent progressive Muslim, ask me anything

what is 7x7 ?

Would you mind having a Catholic friend and just hanging out, maybe play some Dungeons and dragons?

feiner Sand

Sure thing, I'd be delighted to create a diversity in religion. After all, we share a lot in our religion

can you explain the difference between the Sunna and Hadith (sp)?

i know one is about living the way or some shit, and the other is about war, or jihad after his exile.

i'm very new on the subject, non-religious but interested.

All religion is fiction and should be treated as such. Explain why Islam is better than the flying spaghetti monster

the flying spaghetti monster couldn't convince me to quit smoking or drinking alcohol.

This fucking answer shows why we cant trust muslims. Religion is always in the center. Errrybody else would just say like »yea sure, sounds fun«. But not the muslim. Oh no. It will only work because »our religions are alike«.
Fuck off you zealot

The Sunna and Hadith are both Islamic records.
The sunna derives from the acts and sayings of our Prophet. These will mostly be correct and be stronger than the Hadith.
The Hadith are words from the companions of our Prophet. However, not all these are correct. Some go against each other as well

Religion is a serious matter for most people, it being compared to something you thought of, would only ridicule my faith.

I have carefully read the Quran and even researched a lot myself. There are prophecies, facts and sayings in the Quran that all came out to be true

How long soak lentils so no farts?

First of all, I speak for myself, not on behalf of billions of Muslims.
Secondly, I tried to relate it to religion. Just because it's Christianity doesn't mean anything to me. I am friends with Buddhists and agnostics too

You are not really procrastinating your doctoral thesis. You are proselytizing. God/Yahweh/Allah is a fraud. Go back to work and make a living for your family.

Cook it first, don't let it soak, put it in the refrigerator for approximately 3 days. There should be no fart scent

So the Sunna is direct from the prophet himself, but the Hadith is just from his buddies?

what about the exile, was the Hadith written by them when he was away doing other stuff?
or did they invent Jihad and striking off fingers etc because he was gone?

what do you think about Jizyah?

This is truly your opinion, I shallt respect it. You don't really state a question, so I'll continue firmly with my life

Lol do you Vape ?

Should I throw my neighbor off my roof for being a faggot and a degenerate according to the holy books?

why do cults have such tall imposing buildings? you preach modesty all day long btw

please don't use the argument "hommage to god" as banks for example also have similar imposing buildings

Do you support the killing of someone who was once a Muslim but has left the faith?

So

Hillary 2016?

> (You)
>So the Sunna is direct from the prophet himself, but the Hadith is just from his buddies?
Yes, they were familiar with the Prophet's life and asked him many questions, they're successful scholars.

>what about the exile, was the Hadith written by them when he was away doing other stuff?
Yes, the Hadith were written all throughout, even today we have some scholars.

>or did they invent Jihad and striking off fingers etc because he was gone?
Jihad is a misinterpretation, there are multiple forms of it. Back then they fought as their Jihad, but in today's society we should move on to persuasive Jihad. The cutting of fingers is also a misinterpretation, it's cutting one's power, not their limbs
>what do you think about Jizyah?
It isn't something I'd see into today's society, but back then it happened in most other countries. At least they let you live, some completely denied the access of non Muslims.

No, I don't take part in the inhalation of flavoured smoke only to look 'cool'.

you do realize people also vape because smoking actual tobacco is deadly?

No, you shouldn't. I don't even know where you got this from, but don't do it. If you want to act accordingly, invite him over and talk about Islam to him. Not so he becomes one, but so he knows its existence

You're still waiting your valuables on something that could only harm a person. Inb4 vaping is healthy

wtf am I reading

>Inb4 vaping is healthy

it is healthy

Why is religion that important for you?

>be white christian
If I date and eventually try to marry a semi/non-religious muslim girl from a practicing family, what are the odds the parents would force her not to on religious grounds?

Architecture is an essential part of a religion. Not only is it the house of God, but it also had an older meaning. The tallest and biggest building would stand out most, making that the most 'powerful'.

Mosques are important, a lot of people pray there 5 times a day. It was also a sort of playground for the Sultan/Shah

No I absolutely do not, in the Quran it states that killing another is a grand sin. Despite that individual's actions. If they were once Muslim, there might be a chance they'll be Muslim again.

> The tallest and biggest building would stand out most, making that the most 'powerful'.

so its all about penis again

>in the Quran it states that killing another is a grand sin.

so why does ISIS ignore this?

No, I have no affiliations with America. But I would rather vote for Trump, he's direct and doesn't lie. Sure, he says Muslims should leave, but we could only blame ourselves for that, for we also carry guilt

I'm not even going to bother with this, if you think it's healthy, then go for it chap.

Oh he lies, he lies a LOT.

I think you've just blown your cover.

It's a part of my life. 90% of my actions are somehow related to religion

>libcuck detected

how's that cognitive dissonance and retardation treating you?

It depends on the family, as a Muslim, you should be permitted to marry a follower of the Scripture. That would include you too.

Basically

I know, sand creature, but WHY

wouldn't it be in wiser and in god's name to use the resources consumed for such a building and build something useful for the community, rather than building useless constructions and using up most of the available surplus for such projects?

I do not need to highlight that there thousands of poor communities, that lack even water that have such imposing useless buildings

how does reconcile with the help the poor and the needy philosophy?

I don't "think" it's healthy.

Vaping is healthy. You don't want "to bother with it" because of some weird religious taboo you have about it.

At any rate you are wrong. People vape because smoking tobacco is deadly.

>follower of the Scripture. That would include you too

explain. I know both are obviously monotheistic and abrahamic but other than that I'm confused

Because they're idiots who use Islam as a cover to get away with other things. They make their work look ethical

He just comes out stronger, I don't care much about the current presidency tho.

ISIS might be "idiots" to you and yet they also recruit members. That means they are successful with Muslims despite your theological differences.

Why isn't ISIS being denounced across the board by people practicing Islam?

Because I try to follow the rules of Islam and try keeping away from sin.

And why do you follow those rules? Why don't you make them up yourself?

Most of these buildings are actually used, at least in Islam it is.
In Somalia you wont find big mosques, only in richer areas. Also, a lot of mosques, especially in Turkey were once Churches.

Trump's bigotry and racism is actually going to be a huge factor why he doesn't win.

I am a muslim and people who think like ISIS are not muslims. We call them hell dogs in Islam.

I don't do it because of my religion. The use of Shisha (Big Vale instrument) is a Muslim tradition. I just simply detest anything involving smoke. In other words, it's personal reasons

It's not smoke--it's water vapor. And if you have delusional ideas about something like vaping, there's probably crossover in other aspects of your life.

>Muslim
>progressive
Pick one

Checked.
If you are an actual Christian that believes in God. Then you may have her. If you're a Hindu or a Jew that doesn't believe. Then you can't.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are technically the same thing. We share many standards and values. It only alters between religions. You believe in Jesus and that he's the son of God. I believe in Jesus, but that he's not the son of God.

Religion wise, you should be good. But the parents might say no. That's their choice

56 posts and it took this fucking long??

The people they recruit are bigots as well. They aren't familiar with their religion, so they try to become 'religious' by joining IS. Also, they can't go back, they'd be killed.

IS is being denounced by us Muslims. But it is a dangerous game, if we do too much. Then we'd become disbelievers because we're pointing our fingers at them.

Because I'm in no position to create these rules

classic political answer, not saying anything

90% of the buildings just waste resources that people could use to make their life easier, especially in poor areas

religion is driving people down the drain, being just an artisanal psychological service and excusing all its reasons for the milimetric good that it does.

you should accept that psychology does a better job, applying verified methods in helping people, hethods that work, and stop lying to people about made up stories + asking for their money

I don't want to him win. But it's him or goldie lock

>But it is a dangerous game, if we do too much.

But you haven't, and it's pretty fucking dangerous right now.

well if my religion *shouldn't* be a problem then I think I'll be fine

Clinton is the only experienced candidate in the bunch. Stop lapping up right-wing whaargarbl.

Just got to this thread, sorry

Sorry brother, I also think negatively about them. But taking away the title of Muslim from a man, is God's job. By having done that, you'd also be a disbeliever.

I have tried it, but I kept coughing. It's not something for me

I believe an individual can be both

>Progressive
>Muslim
Pick one, but mind you, they're both shit.

fair enough
sorry I gave you a hard time m8

and what are you?
Puppy farts that smell like roses?

I'm just a Muslim, I don't own land or anything. I too believe we should focus our money on other things, but I don't have the power to take into action.

I know, I'll gladly stand up against IS. But I lack the power. If you give me a way to somehow weaken them, I'd be grateful. I'll definitely do what I can, but how I do is up to you!

Calm down, I can't vote, I won't vote. I legitimately don't care who'd win. It would only be fun to see a person like Trump reign over a country

Np

probably #1 is:

Stop electing Republicans

This is not a pokemon game, I'll choose more than one. It's up to the person that manages it, not upto you

No problem

>I can't vote
>it would be fun to watch Trump fuck shit up
confirmed for underage b&

spending your time with religion makes your brain waste most of its energy on things that do not enhance your or your peers' life.

seeing and solving real problems makes one a better person, more than any religion would promise you

why haven't you Martin Luthered yet?

I mean I can't vote in America. I'm of age of consent

Religion does enhance my life. If I miss a prayer for example, I'd feel bad for the rest of the day. Religion

Could you possibly further elaborate?