What does Sup Forums think of the army? Share stories

What does Sup Forums think of the army? Share stories

They aight.

Aren't Really Marines Yet.

Marines > Army

USMC is cannon fodder. They cultivate this image of bravado/machismo to attract idiots who fall for having their ego stroked by commercials with a Marine fighting a fucking dragon. Don't get me wrong, we need cannon fodder, but the "badass" image is strictly to make them feel better about being the most expendable.

Nice try chair force.

Navy here. Honestly hate most of the Army. That "best and brightest" bullshit doesn't even come close to the truth about these fucking retards

"I'm 19 years old and have asthma and the Marine Corps told me no. The Air Farce didn't though. LMAO stupid jarhead grunts and their stupid EGAs and their stupid superior training and uniforms and standards."

10 year armyfag here
marines are called bullet sponges for a reason

Still mad about not deploying boot?

You nailed it, E5 in the USAF. Not even mad, haha.

I just got my first "chair" job last month after 4.5 years crewing A-10s and then F-35s. I'm not complaining; it's nice in here.

Because theyre up front, fighting, while you man the chow hall? Or are you actually a supply Sergeant?

shitting on actual combat troops but probably "best and brightest" at getting to the DFAC first

>ARMY coming through
>woo woo woo

>implying i'd fall for the dragon commercial in the first place

Typical staff sausage. Not gonna lie me and my Marine's would always bitch that we joined the wrong branch and we should have joined the Air Force but in the end i wouldn't trade it for the world. i was an E-5 and a Field Radio Operator.

>Implying that dragons don't exist
>Shiggy

fuck the military

K

>fuck the military

Holy hell, listen up folks, the "100% stoner for life, fuck working and responsibilities" kid is here

It's not that bad. Leaving for Ft. Huachuca Thursdays.

Seen just as many Navy and AF guys on the ground have their asses blown off trying to prove they can do the same shit as Army and Marines, fact is they just can't and their casualties are proof positive. Marines and Army always butt heads about who's better trained but each side is going to argue they're better trained based on their own bias so it's a no-win argument to begin with.

That's rad. Back in the A-10 world we'd deploy/TDY with Army/USMC all the time and they'd talk a lot of shit but never looked happy when they'd go to their tents and we got in our rented mini-vans and headed back to the hotel.

The closest I ever was to combat was Afghanistan, in OEF. We got mortared all the time, had to dive for cover, people died now and then, we'd listen to firefights. You'd hear the ground attack siren, then small arms fire, then the Apaches scrambling, then the Apaches firing, then silence, then the all-clear. But that was it. I miss it. I'm sure you get a lot more up-close and personal.

Literally everyone I talked to said they wished they had joined the AF, or were glad they chose the AF over other branches. Most of the people I've talked to from the various branches seemed pretty cool though. Marines are blunt/brusque af but nice enough if you don't mind that. Army seemed pretty ego heavy despite seeming the most average. And for some reason the navy seems by far the shortest/widest branch, physically. Shit at PT too. They're all friendly though.

Fucking faggot. How many times did the 0300s choke you w your hand mike while bein assravaged. Stupid ass marines

I'm getting the feeling you don't like marines much. Could be all this salt I'm tasting. Or that could be the sperm from my stupid marine buddies.

Yeah OIF and OEF i was on bagram too. Knew this AF cat who always gave me rip-its for workout tips and shit. Pretty cool dude.

Kek you mad army puppy? Big bad devil dogs hurt you feewings and fuck your girl?

Are you a Marine?

Nah just like talking shit tbh. Armyfag here, mech scout.

Yup.

I want to join but I'm afraid of embarrassing myself in basic training.

Where are you stationed? I'm at Lejuene

So, so fucking glad I'm AF. I'll take chair force bullshit any day, but I'm satisfied with what I do and I don't need to pull a trigger to get that. I put planes in the air; I can physically see my impact in the mission. I can strap a pilot in and send him off with pylons fully loaded, and watch him come back an hour later totally empty.

I'll be straight up, I'd be a garbage infantryman.

"Average" is a stellar word for the Army though. I always thought people who joined the Army just didn't realize that there were other branches to choose from.

The military would be nothing without banter

Everyone has a few embarassing moments in basic. You won't be alone.

At least you'll never be the most embarrassing person there.

Been out for while now bud. I was in oki for a while then in fucking 29 stumps. Never even been to Lejuene lol

I think the Army, marines, Navy, and Air Force are all cancer because I'm a hippie faggot who doesn't believe is "necessary violence"

Marines are a bunch of hot head, egotistical manbabies. Army men are faggots. Navy is for the people who want to be in military but don't want to seem pussy by joining the Air Force, and finally. The Air Force is a bunch of pussy faggots because they're terrified of violent conflict, which, I don't blame them. PTSD is horrid, yo.

Anyways fuck the U.S. military.

Thanks for the confidence boost fam

Refer to

My recruiter was a mech for RC 135s which coincidentally is what I'll be flying in soon enough. I feel you about bein a shit infantry, I could never understand the guys that were all Gung ho about it.

k

Armyfag here.

Everyone is fucking retarded. I mean who in their right fucking mind would enlist at such a shitty point in our country's, (assuming your from the US), existence.

Seriously, my BCT class had a couple legit retards. One guy tried to beat his head in on a brick wall. Thank god my unit isn't like that shit, though. I wonder where all the true remedials go... Maybe a "special" forces unit. I dunno.

It's pretty nice if you like humidity and 2/5 star strip clubs. Going to 29 palms in a few months. Any worthwhile sights?

AFSC? Are you in yet or still DEP?

Big bear. Always big bear for every 96 and 72 you get. Always drunk rich college bitches there. Only downside is there are also a bunch of other Marines there but its always a good time. Also if you wanna belt up 29 is the place to do it. Always an instructor offering training at the gym. Other than that make your way down to LA or Tijuana if you have a chance. Oh palm springs always has rich MILFs

In the Army and stationed in South Korea . Someone please help, I want to go home.

Never been to the base, but San Bernadino is a legit shit hole. You'll be wishing you were in Mosul.

1A8x1, still got 2 years of tech school left. Least I'm in Cali while I lean Korean.

That's fucking rad, that's what I was trying to sign up for back in 2011.

Where you at?
I can give you a lift

I shit you not we were in the middle of a beating. Doing mountain climbers when one guy just stops and comes to attention. The RDC approaches and shouts "Recruit, why the fuck are you not climbing the mountain?" He responds "i reached the top of the mountain, petty officer." RDC has mini heart attack of laughter and tells the recruit to hit the showers.

Ha some recruit got the same idea in my boot camp but instead the Senior Drill Instructor got pissed punched him in the face and told him it was Mt. Everest. Poor fucker kept mountain climbing for an hour.

Fuuuug

I hated going to grandmas house for cookies