I Work at a shitty data center in Seattle as a system admin. Ask me anything

I Work at a shitty data center in Seattle as a system admin. Ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linuxadmin/comments/2s924h/how_did_you_get_your_start/cnnw1ma
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How much you make?

Not nearly enough. Only around 50k a year because my company is small and trash.

I make 48k a year just doing Network Admin. All windows too and I still walk away with decent coin. Once i get my security plus fuck everything and hello 70k a year starting lmfao

Wow I must have gotten lucky. I work at a help desk and I make 75k a year. Worth over time ofcourse.

can you show your feet?

fuck im only making 11 an hour at helpdesk right now

What does it take to pick up a sys admin job?

Feds

Are there any good resources for learning networking?

what the fuck I work as the head of my help desk for over 50 clients and only make 34k a year get me a job niggas

More than likely an associates or bachelors in a computer degree like computer science. Then he probably got his A+, Network +, MSMC, Windows certs.

Northwest in portland seattle vancouver tacoma salem etc usually pay well. the best place is silicon valley though

>MSMC
?

Can you get me a job?

The only feet I have is my ccna. I do have a heavy background in managing linux based servers. I have also audited and implemented networks for pci compliance. For the guy who wants a job where do you live? I can potentially hire you.

Which Data Center?
Which company runs it?
What is your name?
What is your Bosses name?
What is your Bosses number?
How would your boss react to this post?
Say i wanted to break into your Data center to fuck a crackhead, cause i don't want her knowing where i live (It'd be air conditioned, dont you judge me, you aint using all that air conditioning) how would i go about it?

My mistake MCSE microsoft cert

CO

18 yo just starting college in pursuit of CS degree w/ no work experience but a have few certs here. Tips on how/where to start out??

Which college? There are only a handful of colleges that teach cyber security that's what im going for too

I would suggest you intern somewhere and deal with grunt work. Do this at a small job where you can sweet talk the SYSadmin into showing you how everything works. Additionally work at getting a the low level Cisco certs. Employers look for them because they get discounts on Cisco equipment if there employees have certs. Also because Cisco configurations make people wanna cut wrist.
You wanna be a Linux admin with a big ole dick do this entire list.
reddit.com/r/linuxadmin/comments/2s924h/how_did_you_get_your_start/cnnw1ma
You get me drunk enough I'll let you bank on against a rack of r420's.
You let me see that tip I'll let you fuck on our equal logics.

I think I'm too drunk to post

Starting out in community college for now to get the basics and all the math out of the way. Hoping to transfer into UNT after 2 years.
Also meant Computer Science if I wasn't clear (muh bad)

Going to school for GIS. Wanting to move into the NW. How fucked am I for trying to find a job?

I work in a small town in southeast texas. fucking blows. im looking for a good remote support job

>be me
>have sec + & net +
>get paid and treated like dookie
>your tax dollars in action

"REMOTE SUPPORT"
Trust me everyone has tried.
fuck remote work, unless you want to be a DevOp fuck that noise m8

Im on my pc now. Join ISACA and get there certs.
Sec+ is just the start. CISO CISA CISSP those are the high paying security certs. I want the CISSP. That makes you worth 100K+

well fuck idk what else to do with where I live, and moving isn't an option

Just look harder. There are jobs out there. It's who you know too btw

fuck kill me
im only 20 y/o with 3 years of professional experience.

Yea we are the same in a way. What certs you got?

a+ and a bunch of achievements from server hosting and a pretty amazing development portfolio
wbu?

Jobs are everywhere in Washington for tech. Do not move to Oregon or Cali. Oregon has no jobs. Cali is way too spendy.

Shit planned on Oregon, so.....Washington?

what types of jobs in washington? hows that avg salary/cost of living?

PC Pro from college, Linux +, Network +, MSCA

I make 48500 working about 42 hours a week as a self taught sys admin, one man help desk, webmaster, LED tech, and project manager. Also includes one remote day a week, otherwise I'd be making 5k more. I was asked what it would take to get me back and I gave them options.

Looking to get Security+, but I think I want to become a Java dev.

With the right certs honestly it can be anywhere from 40k-160k

you got kik? would be cool to conversate with someone pretty close to my experiences

Not OP, but another Seattle fag.

$80k is avg in tech here. I make $115 base with 5 years experience.

I heard oracle engineer makes pretty good money

43k tier 2, hate my job though, thinking about going to tier 1 for a higher pay place and then going to t3 or network or sys admin, any thoughts?

i heard security is a good place to go as well

Security+ doesn't mean anything without experience, however, specialized certs carry some decent weight.

I deleted it. skype?

Need degree?

sure name?

I suggest everyone join the forums over at spiceworks.com or just google your it career question with "spiceworks" at the end. A lot of experience in one place with great answers.

Security is projected to grow 14 fold by 2020

where about are you located? I'm tier 2 and make 34k/year
fucking sucks

fuck no bro
but its better to have one than none though

we use spiceworks. going to the next convention.

abysswalkerisme

yeah I hear a lot about security blowing up soon and currently. just get a security+ or what else do you think?

How old are you?

Do business if you want money. Developers also make more money.

texas, smaller city, college

sucks cause boss is stupid

CISA CISO

what city? im in texas in a small city too

Just for starters CISA CISO. CISSP if you can get it.

cstat