Why is this cover so polarizing...

Why is this cover so polarizing? Some people say is a crime against the source material and others treat is as the second coming of Christ (as evidenced by its Grammy nomination, putting it on the same level as Blackstar). What are you opinions on this track?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jct3HKRYU2A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because people think taking a song and over producing it until its unrecognizable makes it great just because muh epic orchestra and gravelly vocals.

t. contrarian shithead

It's not being contrarian when it genuinely completely goes against the feel and theme of the original song
It's fucking terrible, genuinely

really regret checking it out and regret even more that I scrolled down and read some comments, how can so many people have such poor taste?

maybe we're the ones in the wrong, maybe our taste is bad Sup Forums

I've heard worse covers but it's way worse than the original.

Behind Blue Eyes of the 10s

this is creepy greasy hair kid at the back of the class wearing combat boots and a trenchcoat core

i like it better than thor original, but its close

t. weak nu-male

that was legitimately a good cover

i am sorry i bought up memories of your high school years user

He sounds so constipated, like someone straining to take a shit, straining to sound quiet and reflective.

It's way too obvious that a song about dark thoughts, alienation and sadness should sound like metal. All its power of understatement is lost by making it grim and furious. It's not terrible it is more unnecessary and stupid. A girly pop version which contrasts light with dark thoughts would have more impact.

Disturbed is essential nu-male metal.

>it is not terrible
It is terrible, the vocal performance is probably the worst I've heard in years and the accompanying orchestration sounds like utter garbage. This song is a disgrace and a fucking shitstain, I hate you all.

It's funny how a terrible butt metal relic of the early 00s suddenly became relevant again by doing a cheesy cover of an absolute classic song

Do I need to remind you that this song is on the same album?
youtube.com/watch?v=Jct3HKRYU2A

It disturbed me

>song literally sounds by bong hitting sound
Ahahahaaha

starts*

They play it on my local radio station all the time. Fuck you WMMR.

>he listens to public radio

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shut the fuck up