PREACHER PREMIERE

Anyone else watch this?
Thoughts?

Enjoyable

Seth Rogen was a mistake. The show is literally Le so randum humor. Bottom of the barrel

DUDE BLASPHEMY LMAO

>Negga and Dominic have a shit accent
>Tulip making a launcher out of soup cans and tape triggered my /k/ senses
>AMC, Goldberg and Rogan will fuck up Saint of Killers, God, and all the other R rated stuff

I want to watch the second episode.

Can't believe how bad this show was. I had really high hopes. Same as with Constantine. But all I get is
>DUDE BLASPHEMY LMAO

So I take it you've never read Hellblazer or Preacher or even know that they're comics

Literally had me going through my TV menu looking to turn on captions

It was crap

A few things are pretty dumb here and there but i enjoyed the first episode. Looking forward to the next one.

asinine 9th grade creative writing class dialogue

Too early to tell, but judging from the crew it's going to be pop cultured/redditized into oblivion and shittiness.

Pretty much this, and I was a bit thrown off by the fact they blatantly plan to drag the story for as long as they can compared to the comic which starts immediately. We'll see what comes out of it, let's say it can't be worse than most American TV series.

I was kinda thrown off by the iPad thing.
Up until that point they'd kept it pretty much completely timeless, just generic past-few-decades America, but then suddenly there's an iPad joke that obviously wasn't in the comics.

Fucking shit
Still going to watch though, putting the comic in the backburner and see how it goes

>abusive husband reenacting the Battle of Fredericksburg
>"hurr durr did we win this time?" joke
>confederates actually did win that battle

Bravo seth

what is it about

I've seen like 100 "le edgy preacher" ads and still have no idea

It was pretty good

I couldn't understand like 60% of what was said.

Why did Cassidy crash the plane with no survivors?

A preacher is basically given the power of god, and everything he tells someone to do, they have to do, very literally

If he tells someone to go fuck themselves, they'll slice their own dick off and shove it up their own ass

And things like that happen regularly in the comic

Episode was really slow though, he didn't get the power until near the end

They found him and they were going to kill him

There is better stuff on TV but it wasn't the worst thing. I hope it gets better, took a while to pick up, and Tulip's bean can bazooka was fucking retarded

His last name is Custer and he grew up in Texas
He probably knew and just wanted to fuck with the guy

how was it random humor? nothing in it was random at all

non comic fag here, so that is the power of god and not the power of satan? I thought it was evil power he has

it was bretty good. i'm at least gonna watch a few more eps

i watched it w/o knowing nothing about the source material. i've read a few threads about and thanks spoiler bros because i didn't read everything but it sounds like a decent story with some promise..

Didnt like the appearance of Jesse, but Dominic does it well enough. Seems promising and ill be keeping tabs on it.

i'm actually a direct descendant of general custer's sister

It's completely neutral, just a super-powerful entity that binds itself to him and does what he says because it has no will of its own

Read preacher back when iy was serialised in Megazine in the early 00s

And after all this time and provarication they give it to Rogen and Goldberg to absolutely mutilate in the pursuit of putting their own signature on it

hot

it was alright. writing was weak, though.

The writing felt off in that the humor wasn't very good or funny, a lot of expositions and or lines of dialogue came across as too try-hard badass and cringy.
The way they introduced the characters, I feel, were much weaker than in the comics.
Tulip doesn't have that struggle to get away from her life of crime and instead is a "strong female character" that can duct tape a bazooka together.
Jessie comes across as trodden on and not simply fed up with the situation he's in. Bar fight scene was weak. There was no need to have the African and Russian scenes. Church should have been in service when Genesis bursts in and the whole place gets obliterated. Instead they decided for a lone scene in the church, he passes out, wakes up, goes back to church and delivers a weak monologue.
The relationship between Arseface and his dad doesn't have that great tension, (which makes a subsequent scene in the book so great). Felt like Seth Rogan took for granted that some people might not know his backstory, and quite simply put him in the first episode weakening his character. I feel like there would be a much better reveal if they showed him normal, ending an episode with the shotgun blast, and revealing his face in the next episode.
Useless characters that don’t do jack shit, the guy that keeps bugging Jessie and eventually dying at the end. That church pianist lady equally useless.
But who knows, maybe they had their reasons and can salvage this all in the subsequent episodes and for that I’ll be watching still

oh damn I see

did anyone watch the directors commentary on amc? I would watch it but it wants me to "log in"

This is going to be shit if they don't tone down how comicy it is

how long until Seth Rogen somehow drags his insufferable friends like James Franco on the show

Alright. I'm probably gonna watch it for Jesse and Cassidy, they were really good.