About two weeks ago, i slammed my finger in the car while walking away and ripped my nail clean out of the root...

About two weeks ago, i slammed my finger in the car while walking away and ripped my nail clean out of the root. I the nail bed was ripped away from my finger as well. Any chance my nail will never grow back? I was reading online that it depends on damage to the nail Matrix and root.

Day after

3rd day

Seventh day

yeah it will dumb fuck.

Did it hurt ?

Seventh day after airing out

Eight day

i had my finger slammed in a door once and lost the nail
it fucking hurt more than anything but the nail grew back

10th day

no definitely not

OP we don't give a fuck about your timelapse post how it looks right now

This is one of those threads I'm not even going to load.

Please tell me you keep it covered with antibiotic cream during this period

Was the nail bed damaged? Was it damaged at the matrix, that white half moon part?

I'm pretty positive it won't be growing back op, sorry dude that sucks. You fucked where it grows from tho man

it'll grow back but be all deformed and prone to fungal infection for the rest of your life

It'll grow back fine.

Chill out.

aw poor user

It still fucking hurts. I do industrial maintenence so keep smacking it into things while wrenching

Dats fucking hot yo. You gettin jiggy wit dat thing or what?

idk man i just know i had no nail and it was weird and smooth for a while not to mention sensitive

14th day

Buy some fake nails and stick them over the band-aid youre covering the nail with. youre welcome

i know that it didn't have the extra square shape bit in original pic
it's not the same anymore either like it seems different maybe thicker? harder? idk

that looks so infected

15th day, today

>nail matrix

go to a doctor

OP dont sweat, been there. Will grow back but takes like 5/6 months.

Why? That would look retarded.

just like the female penis your nail will grow back, no worries mate.

Bro, go to the hospital, you're going to lose your finger

Kek

Oh no.

Medfag here, that looks infected. Get it checked by a doctor, you don't wanna lose that finger.

feel free to suffer any time anything touches it then

Asking the realest questions

Better lighting.

Ripping out a nail and ripping out everything is different.

WHAT HAPPENED ON THE OTHER DAYS?!

Yeah, that shit doesn't look good man, might wanna go see a doc about that.
Gangrene isn't something you wanna fuck around with. I hope you don't wipe your ass with that hand either kek

would it be possible to have the nails surgically removed?
i do not have the half moon part and all nails are pretty bent and grow in all the time.
and no i am not too stupid to go to the doc, eat ok and have a decent body hygiene.

doesnt look infected enough to warrant the doctors
5th year medfag.

It just looks like scabbing to me..

it'll be fine, had mine ripped off after getting it crushed weightlifting. even fractured the bones and stuff. it grew back weird and fell off two or three times but its normal now.

Ive been in this exact situation, It takes half a year or so but it does grow back, how is this hard for people to believe? Your nails keep growing after you fucking die.

At this rate it will be soon. It needs proper cleaning

I'm no doctor, but it looks fucked to me.

Might've had a chance if you went to a doctor day one, maybe?

tissue shrinks, so it just looks like it.
the growth stops once blood stops flowing

Jesus Chrsit OP. Go to the doctor for fucks sakes..

NIGGER DIP YOUR FINGER IN HYDROGEN PEROXIDE CLEAN THAT SHIT

nah, you're skin shrinks giving the illusion of nail growth.
t. David Blaine

No they don't. What is perceived as growing hair and nails after death is just the skin constricting because there's no moisture being replenished.

Really disappoint op didn't sneak in a sick pic

um seriously? Did you put antiobiotic cream on it at all? Do you feel pain in it? This looks like staph infection and staph tends to create little blood clots that cut off blood flow to parts where the infection originated which leads to gangrene. Not tryna scare you but you better go to a hospital as soon as possible

Hydrogen Peroxide doesn't do shit. It's just a common wives tale.

Why ruin the only good part of dying

Thats just bleeding under the skin from when it was crushed, stop making shit up. If it was infected his whole finger would be red and shiny as fuck. Learn 2 medicine.

I was putting bacitracin on it but haven't in the past couple days or since the hole closed up

It can help clean out a wound, but it does little to prevent bacteria and infection. It also damages tissue.

The only good part of dying is being dead.

Yeah like everyone is saying... go to a doctor because you clearly don't know basic medical care. Mine was fine because i kept gauze on it and disinfected it regularly...

The skin feels tight but other than that no pain. I can bend it like normal with a little bit of resistance, if that makes sense

it's not hard to keep it clean

You gotta keep putting bacitracin on it for prophylactic purposes. You never know what opportunistic bacteria are waiting to infect it. Your daily routine should consist of cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide, then covering it with bacitracin, and then wrapping something around the finger.

I work at Biomedical Lab in the microbiology dept

Benzalkonium Chloride

except for the sweet scars, chicks dig that shit.

I was doing just that up until a couple days ago. Honestly, I'm not even worried about infection. I think I'll be fine there but i need my nail for work and such

Isn't peroxide going to inhibit his own cells from repairing anything?

at least dunk that shit in alcohol for a bit

i wouldn't bother with disinfectants or anti biotics etc... in the first place don't waste anti biotics you'll only become immune to them
as long as you keep shit clean you're fine
you can use fucking salt and water as a disinfectant if you really must

I guess he can use saline or alcohol which would be gentler on the wound and it would let it heal while killing bacteria

Alcohol
Are you trying to torture him?

...ur not gonna lose the finger but in order to promote the growing of a normal looking and not deformed nail you have to at least clean it , go to a doctor

Rub bengay on it, it'll increase bloodflow to the area promoting an increased immune response and encouraging natural regeneration of the nail structure.

doenst matter the wound is full of necrotic tissue, removing that with peroxyde or alcohol will best promote healing

I still clean it. That black shit is a dried blood clot or someshit. It hurts like fuck when i poke at it

didnt read the entire thread. You need to see a doc bro, if you havent already. If it is capable of growing back, that shit will take a LONG time. I did similar but not so bad to my toe once. This was in 9th grade. Took a couple years to grow back and even now (im 29 now) the nail is brittle as hell and shatters a bit when I trim it. This will be a life long fuck up if you dont go to a doc. Even then, get used to the idea it might not ever grow back.

No chance bub. Source: smashed end off my finger off 4 years ago and no nail ever has grown back.

I'm not OP but this happened to me. Smashed my toenail a few days ago, part of the nail died and detached while what's left on my toe stayed attached to the nail bed. Should I be worried, or just keep it clean and say fuck the doctors? I'm pretty much a NEET right now so I can go awhile without needing to wear any socks or shoes too, so bonus points for less risk of infection.

OP, IT WILL. GROW. BACK.

I remember a similar instance happened with my big toe when I was younger, I had ripped it off when I tripped over brick stairs after watching ben 10

Once it first fully grows back the nail will look a little fucked up, but then as it grows it will become more back to normal as the days go by. I'd say wait about 1-2 months before its COMPLETELY normal

I'll go to a doctor when it starts showing signs of infection. I'm not gonna pay a doctor to diagnose me with a smashed finger and prescribe antibiotics. I called that faggot when it happened and he was like, i ain't gonna do shit even if the finger tip is broken. Come in if that shit gets infected. If you think it's broken buy a splint

Looks shopped to me.

Post proof.

Fuck me, this is what I'm worried about

LOL WOAH

Why? You won't have to worry as much about smashing that fucker again. If I could I'd have all my nails removed.

I have 2 fucked up toe nails and 1 fingernail. smashed all to blitz... they came back but completely fucked up.

You dumb fuck! I had the same shit with the disk brakes spinning on bike.
You have to go to doctor who will fix the tissue for you, unless you want the nail to be all twisted and shit.
And I remember the smell, ugh

Ah.. old /b how ive missed you.

That's your punky though. I need my index finger nail to not look like that. No more finger blasting

Left big toe I completely ripped off about a month ago, it's healing great!

Right big toe I destroyed a few years ago, I was riding my motorcycle and a stick went though my boot and shattered the bone, the bone went through the nail, rekt

as a professional i can tell this isn't shooped but i have to ask: why the fuck are there hairs there?

I have them as well as on my feet

lol gross man

>tears off whole fucking fingernail
>doesn't go to hospital immediately
This is how you spot a complete moron.

Assuming this is real and not a well crafted tricksy trickster thread don't go to a fucking urgent care with this thinking "I'll go here because it'll be cheaper durr", go to the god damn hospital.

Same

Some people can't afford it. (not op, but I assume he is poor)

Here's another pic of my toe. What should I expect to happen now? How long until I put pressure on where the nail used to be? When will I be able to fucking put weight on my toe again?