This bear weighs 160kg and just killed a Japanese safari ranger. Could an equivalently weighed human...

This bear weighs 160kg and just killed a Japanese safari ranger. Could an equivalently weighed human, say a weightlifter or sumo wrestler stand a chance against it in a one on one fight to the death?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/06/hunter-shoves-arm-down-grizzly-bears-throat-to-stave-off-attack
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>This bear weighs 160kg and just killed a Japanese safari ranger.

respect

Brock Lesnar could

>Could an equivalently weighed human
no

Do humans have razor sharp claws and teeth that could crunch bones?

Yes it is just an animal
>brown bear attacks hiker
>hiker shoves his arm down bears throat all the way to his upper arm
>bear goes full gag reflex mode, cant bite flais a bit and eventually chokes to death
>dude walk back to civilization survives his wounds
Actual story, cant remember if it was Europe or USA

this is some next level retardation

How many Brocks to take down a polar bear?

Probably one if it is summer

Human intelligence could maybe find a way to kill a bear without weapons, but just like hit for hit or w/e you are fucked and have no chance regardless

In Canada if black bear attacks you it's recommended to use bear spray or fight back if you don't have bear spray.

Bear didn't die. Just ran away.

theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/06/hunter-shoves-arm-down-grizzly-bears-throat-to-stave-off-attack

Bears usually aren't man killers unless really provoked, like a perceived threat to their cubs.

bear is much stronger pound for pound, but maybe you stand a chance if you use your intelligence to really hurt its eyes/ears/nose

If it was declawed and detoothed maybe, but they are still more muscular

Killed and eaten
Pretty nightmarish case

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell

Point is people have manage to fend for themselves with no weapons

delet this

A man of equal size could probably use his intelligence to take down to bear although he'd probably get pretty fucked up and have a good chance of losing that way. If he could grab something to use as a tool it would probably be pretty easy.

We became top predator because we can craft stone claws that reach further to overcome our natural physical inferiority.

>polar bears will go extinct in your lifetime
pretty sad 2bh

Is a bear an athlete?

Oh yeah, there's definitely instances, but bears will typically leave people alone unless starved, threatened, or in Treadwell's case, playing Russian Roulette with mother nature.

Sumo's are just fat and weightlifters can only lift. Maybe someone like Karelin but even he would lose out on speed and hitting strenth, not minding the sharp nails, strong jaws and sharp canines.

>We became top predator because we can craft stone claws that reach further to overcome our natural physical inferiority.
no we became top predator because of our ability to cooperate and communicate. homo erectus also knew how to make tools and they also were much stronger. they also discovered fire but their poroblem was they pretty much had autism

I've always heard animals have a different control of muscles like when a chimp uses his arm he activates the entire set of muscles. This is why small chimps can rip humans apart.

An Olympic weightlifter could literally clean and jerk this furry bitch and then throw him, thus snapping his neck.

winning Russian Roulette for 13 years is pretty good; there's got to be more than luck going on there (though I like what that one interviewee in Grizzly Man said, something along the lines that the bears probably thought he was too stupid to eat)

It was mostly the stalking/tracking hunting method which is pretty unique in the animal kingdom with few exceptions (mostly canines)
There is literally no animal that can outpace a fit human in cross country, so if you have tracking knowledge and a sack of water you can walk behind an animal until it drops from exhaustion.

I wouldn't put it past a roided out prime Lyle Alzado.

A fucking healthy male chimpanzee could rip your arm off.

Humans are weak as fuck desu.

right but let's say a human discovered a very efficient way of tracking an animal, he can pass the knowledge to his tribe and suddenly you have like 50 people who are good at tracking.

if tracking was that detrimental then why aren't canines ruling the world right now?

Well they did made it to literally everywhere except Antarctica and many times without our help
I guess it is a bit of both

>160kg

Is this a cub?

Bears are usually (at least) 500kg here.

>Japanese safari ranger

Don't you mean zookeeper?

>Japanese safari ranger

>Japanese safari ranger

Different species silly

>Japanese Bear

Alright then, I'll just give it a tablet or something

Apparently they are very aggressive towards people

There are no penguins in the arctic.

It's a baby bear, wrestlers have often fought these.

South American bearlets dont count

I don't see anything saying you can't use a rifle

Dicaprio can

Nah Bro some Czechoslovakian or some euroshit country like that farmer killed a black bear recently. Dude was short and stout, had huge forearms, and choked the bear to death with a rear naked.

Forget what country but it was the same one mirza Teletovic is from.

>This bear weighs 160kg and just killed a Japanese safari ranger

big if true

Only Brock Lesnar would stand a chance.

How many pounds per capita are we talking here?

>I'm american and there's only bears in america

a fight to the death, naked without tools? don't be an idiot.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident

Its not my fault that most of the world's bears are in North America

Also NA has the fiercest bears, Panda Bears are so weak theres bearly any left.

What a glorious fuck up
Why not just set a bait nearby and kill her since they knew she was returning to the village?
Absolute morrons

Mike Tyson would stand a chance, but a human? I doubt it

japan actually has deadly animals? i thought the biggest predator over there were like foxes.

>Tfw only weak ass black bears where I live
So glad we don't got big ass grizzlies here, I could kick a black bears ass

Pablo just because brown bears are bigger tah black bears doesn't mean you are too vs jamal.

No because bears are superior to primates. Even a gorilla at the same weight would stand no chance because we do not have loose skin and one paw swipe would leave us with our intestines exposed

>tfw hiking in montana and you see a mama grizzly with 3 cubs and they sniff the air and turn their heads to look at you

not comfy

Similiar story about an 80 year old African man who killed a lioness that attacked him in his sleep. Rammed his fist down her throat.

JACKED WHITE BOY

>The camera had been turned on just before the attack, presumably by Huguenard, but the camera recorded only six minutes of audio before running out of tape. This, however, was enough time to record the bear's initial attack on Treadwell and his agonized screams, its retreat when Huguenard attacked it, its return to carry Treadwell off into the forest, and Huguenard's screams of horror as she is left alone.

I don't get this meme

Japan has these. They kill a few dozen people in Asia every year.

There's been a case or two of men killing Grizzlies virtually bear handed and a number more of fighting them off. And those are a lot more formidable than a Black bear.

I wouldnt hold this thing with an oven mitt

How the fuck is that possible?! How can you shove your arm through an attacking apex predator's jaws like that? I'm amazed