Why is Sup Forums fucked up?

Why is Sup Forums fucked up?

For me I attribute it to my childhood speech impediment. I was awkward and ashamed of it. I wouldn't even talk to my parents about it. At school I saw a speech pathologist for seven years. I was supposed to practice at home with my parents but I was much too embarrassed to bring it up. I never brought up my impediment. If someone said something about it I answered as indirectly and in as few words as possible. I always hated talking to people. Sometimes I'd need to repeat myself a dozen times. I just wanted to die.

Anyway, that set me back. I grew up without confidence or social skills. I was unable to talk about anything I found embarrassing. My life became me trying to avoid embarrassment at any cost.

I'm 26 and my impediment has faded greatly. It faded pretty quickly once I was a teenager. My impediment was the letter R, now only a few words are difficult. I still can't say girlfriend properly. I rarely date, and when I do I'm always terrified to ask the girl to be my girlfriend, or to introduce her as my girlfriend. I feel like they'll hear me me unable to say the word and think me pathetic.

When I was nine my speech pathologist told me that I'd never have a girlfriend or get married if I didn't learn to say R properly. I was terrified. She was mostly right though. I've only had sex with two women. They're also the only women I ever asked to be my girlfriend. I whispered the question, it's easier that way. One said yes, very happy that I asked. Within two weeks she had cheated on me and left me. The other said no. We had sex one more time and have remained friends to this day (three years later).

I've recently met a girl who I'm absolutely crazy about. I'm afraid to tell her I like her. We quickly became good friends. But I'm emotionally damaged.

I wish I had been normal. I wish I could reasonably say that my speech pathologist was wrong.

What's your story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NFrRG5PzjiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Diagnosed autism & major depression

Not sure anyone will bother to read my story. But I'm just in one of those moods where I needed to get this off my chest.

How old are you?

Hard to read a man wish I could help.. I know I recognize the girl in the picture. But I can't remember her name

>I can't say girlfriend properly
Are you one of those somewhat big but not fat dudes with blonde hair who says "giwlfwiend"?

Fuck it. Say girlfriend however fucked up you say it and move on. Life's to short to get hung up over some shit like that. It's who you are and if they don't like it try and fuck one of their friends...

Alex something

Alex tanner

No. I'm average sized. My hair is very dirty blond. I don't say girlfriend that bad, it's just a little slow and awkward. Like someone playing the piano and getting the notes rights but slowing down at a difficult part and getting the rhythm wrong.

I'm really fucked up emotionally. My parents divorced when I was six and I started wetting the bed. At the time I didn't see a connection between the two, but looking back it could have been the cause. For years I wet the bed and my mother would yell at me. I had no friends (or sometimes bad friendships) at school, and my mother hated me. I can't do things even if I know I'm missing out. I just don't have what it takes.

Ok

tribal knowledge being introduced and then lurking on Sup Forums
it's entirely self inflicted "The Ring" style

I know a guy who's ugly, poor, can't say words with R's to save his life, and he's still a total stud with the ladies. Has been since we were around 12.

I think you might be blaming this speech impediment for your lack of self-esteem, when in reality, your confidence would've been much lower than average even if you'd never had the impediment in the first place. Afterall, here you are at 26 years old, still blaming it for all of your woes. No disrespect. Just sack up. You were a cringey autist just like the rest of us

PS if you ever do get a girlfriend, just call her "my old lady" or something cutesey like that when you're in public. She won't give a shit how you say guwfwend if she spent even five minutes talking to you before agreeing to be your gewfwend

This looks like it is dying, and I should be getting to bed anyway. Thanks for responses and to anyone who read my story. I can't talk about these things in person, so this is all I have. It's nice to know that someone out there cares. I'm just so full of regret.

post more pics of the ginger

My impediment isn't really noticeable most of the time. I know I'd be a different person if it weren't for my speech impediment. It's hard to argue that years of being too ashamed to speak and being ridiculed had no effect on me.

>somewhat homeless growing up, first trailer at 7 then a house at 12, both shitty and a very bad roach infestation
>had to stop mom from an hero since i was 6, her last time trying was when i was 16
>dad verbally and sometime physically abused me
>bad dyslexia, finally could write without having letters backwards in 7th grade
>always had negative affects of schizophrenia,although being diagnosed at 21, meaning i never gave a shit about hygiene, always said random words without realizing, very emotionless, but maybe thats ptsd but i'm not a faggot so i will only say shit i'm diagnosed with
>only one i ever really connected with, my brother, is in the army currently, pariond as hell for him
>only family that cared about me was mom and bro
>someone tried to kill me by droping a 150 pound weight on my head during football, got brain damage and now i have a 3/10 headache that doesn't go away unless i'm on strong shit but i'm scared to take meds because parents were bad druggies
>parents were pretty much always drudged up, if they weren't they were fighting
>apparently i was molested but i don't even remember the guy
>constantly tired because i'm paranoid that if i go to sleep i'll be late
that's all i know from the top of my head, got some funny stories from when my parents were stoned out of their gord if you guys wanna hear them

Most people don't give a shit if you can't pronounce one letter or something.
As long as the can understand/ make out what you are saying then the majority of people will be fine
If you're worried about the world 'girlfriend', then dont say it. If you're about to ask a girl to be your girlfriend, trust me she's long ago figured out about your problem with 'r' and wont give a shit.
If you're worried about introducing someone as your girlfriend, the dont. Use her name instead when you introduce her
The vast majority of people like other people that are nice, genuine, caring, thoughtful etc. So if you are these things people wont care about your speech impediment.
This issue is now 99% in your head. Free your mind and the rest will follow.

I'm glad you got over your impediment at least somewhat. I've had a moderate stutter since I was 5. This shit has torn me up for years. I once got docked from an A to a C on a speech because I ran 6 minutes long on a 5 minute speech. Some chicks think it's cute or at least they say so. It's the type of stutter that sounds like hard blocks. I don't really draw the sounds out like Mmmmmm-mike. It looks like I'm stuck on the word when I know full good and well what I want to say. People finish my sentence all the time and it's infuriating.

I talked to this girl about my speech impediment. It was difficult but I did it through text. She's been one of my best friends since we stopped dating. She said she never noticed my speech impediment. This was 2.5 years into our friendship. In person she brought it up and I managed to talk about it a bit. I demonstrated with a couple difficult words. She said "it sounds like you're from New York". No one has mentioned my speech impediment since I was 13ish. I can hear it only on a handful of words, or sometimes randomly on a word. I am not sure if people in my life notice it. I avoid difficult words fairly well. Like for some reason Todd Gurley is difficult for me to say. So I call him Todd or TG. My friend thinks I'm just being stupid calling him TG, but I'm doing it because I can't say it well.

Brad?

Mine is not to the level of "speech impediment" but I get tongue tied very easily and tend to mis-pronounce things and accidentally speak in the wrong tone. I'm always either too loud or too quiet, I mumble, I swear and say "umm" a lot, and I often have to backtrack and re-explain what the fuck I just said. Overall my speech is very sloppy and makes me look like an idiot at the worst of times.

When I was a chillun I ended up fighting a lot since I couldn't really argue or talk things out very well. As I got older and fighting became a big deal in middle and high school I learned to just hold it in and walk away.

I've always been shy and socially awkward, and I could never seem to think of something to say, even if I could deliver it properly. Luckily that has gotten better since I worked a customer service job for a few years, but I still feel like I'm behind most people. I can make decent small talk with classmates and co-workers now, but I still suck at breaking the ice and talking to total strangers. I still probably couldn't pick up a girl at a bar to save my life.

I was always the friend zone'd "nice guy" of course. Luckily I've found myself a great gf who is patient and understanding with me, but I still piss her off a lot because I phrase things terribly. Whenever we argue it always ends up getting dragged on unnecessarily because I can't just be succinct and say what I need to say.

Never argued that you wouldn't be. Just saying that if having a speech impediment is all it takes to make someone feel like they're fucked, there would be a lot more fucked people in the world. You let it get to you whereas others do not. If you were intent on repairing, overcoming, or "owning" your fuckedness, you wouldn't still be placing blame on things you have no/very little control over

In your head, you're fucked. But all you've ever been to anyone else (once you were out of jr high/high school) is the guy who says his R's kind of funny. Don't get so down on yourself. Either you're one of those people who ends up tougher because they had a tough childhood, or you turn into one of those "I'm a victim; I've always been a victim" cunts. Don't be a cunt

In middle school I asked a classmate about his impediment. I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just curious because I couldn't grasp what it would be like or why he talked like that. I could tell he thought I was making fun of him. I couldn't understand why though.

And now I know. And knowing is half the battle.

I had cashier assume I was retarded when I tried to ask a question and blocked on some stupid word. It was something like,

>>"Do you have --------Double-A --------------"
>>She interrupts me in a pandering tone like some she's trying to help me say the word.
>>"Baaaatteeeries, Yes, they're over there."

I was adopted and my parents were old (in their 40s) so they created me exactly like a pair of grandparents would do, spoiling me as fuck.

They still spoil me even today when I'm 25, so now I just barely leave the house and have social anxiety.

My speech impediment isn't one of my big problems any more. Not going to go into my big problems. But it all started with me being afraid of humiliation. That fear spread to the point where I would avoid asking for help with my problems because I was embarrassed.

I'm ashamed to admit the extent of this problem. It's almost unbelievable looking back. I suffered through so much because I couldn't say a few simple words. But I was just so afraid.

>they created me
I meant raised me. English is not my native language.

>This issue is now 99% in your head. Free your mind and the rest will follow.
This...!

If it makes you feel better I have extreme panic attacks about throwing up at least 4 times a day. I think of things that would make me throw up such as putting my finger down my throat or swallowing a pen or my rings. It happens everyday and I have to try to do everything I can not to vomit. It's hard to go to college or work or even do chores. I take meds 3 times a day and sometimes more. It is not fun. Also had psychosis with auditory hallucinationa. Im getting off the antipsychotics now. Count that with sexual abuse and depression and you get the picture. I still love life though it's just about riding the wave.

I was always so afraid of people asking me about it. I preferred people mocking me, because at least that didn't demand a response. Asking me questions meant I had to respond, and I really could only say "I don't know". It was too sensitive a topic for me. I don't think I could even have a conversation about it today, where it's mostly a distant memory.

Anyway. I'm off to bed. Thanks again.

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life.
Become who you want to be (fake it until you make it)
Trust me it works!

C-can I bump this?

What's the girls name again?

Unfortunately it is Radomira
> aka Wadomiwa

Spoke well as a toddler (I am told)
developed a stammer that became
progressively worse, began speech
therapy in middle-school (paid by
School District bcoz poorfam) and
spoke well five years later.

Who's that girl?

Replace all of the R's with a W.

>Replace all of the R's with a W.

OP you ever heard of Jonathan Ross (Wossy)? TV presenter in the UK who's made a career out of his speech impediment pronouncing all the R's as W's

Ive never been diagnosed with anything because fuck that waste of money. But I definitely have a lot of anxiety and social issues , not major i guess, at least in the sense that im so awkard i feel like a high-functioning autist, shit i probably am.

Anyway, the way I look at is basically you have to take some of the blame, sure its very likely that your parents screwed u over , and for some its even 100% fact but even then if you use your parents as an excuse its only going to affect you negatively and you may never work on fixing that shit.

Had constant thoughts of suicide since I was 13. Feel like I'm a fucking monster and trapped inside my own head.

Dad committed suicide 5 years ago (33 now), and it destroyed me.

Got my leg fucked up on the job, had a blood clot in my femoral vein and a pulmonary embolism, because they put me in a soft cast without knowing that I'm genetically predisposed to blood clots. Almost died, stuck on blood thinners for the rest of my life. Can't stay on my feet for long period or drive for long periods. Can't exercise. Constantly have to worry about falling the wrong way. Have constant pain in my leg now.

I'm 33 years old and my life is over. I'm just waiting to die.

No, haven't. I just got off of youtube, watched him interview Bowie.
youtube.com/watch?v=NFrRG5PzjiQ

Fucking lighweights.

>Be 3 years old, find my other face down in the swimming pool
>3 days before anyone checks on me
>Watch her bloated corpse pulled out of the pool
>Father "away on business" actually has another family on the side
>Have to go live with them
>New step "sister" hates me, tells me to fuck off at every opportunity
>New Step mother a borderline personality and emotionally abusive
>They have a new kid who gets all the attention
>Abandonment issues + trust issues + only woman models don't want me around
>Emotional kid in school everyone hated/avoided
>Super high IQ so socially alienated from all peers
>Underachiever because fuck you life
>Unable to maintain relationships because too clingy
>Had 2 girlfriends that were mediocre relationships (because I didn't care), and they got fat, so I dumped them.
>Girls I actually like I latch on too hard, get my heart broken or get too clingy like a bitch
>Work dead end jobs because underachiever
>Spend all my money on hookers
>Withdraw from society
>Find a work at home job
>Now a big fat reclusive hermit that trolls 4 chan
>Not spoken to another live person in almost 3 weeks
>and so much more fucked up shit...
>FTW

My dad bought me a 64gb iPhone 7 instead of the 128gb iPhone 7 and I can't stop crying.

lol cry more they are recalling them niggers, and then they are gonna lock any that aren't returned , because they explode...

There are no 64gb ones you fucking liar.