Looking for the right board to boffering

Looking for the right board to boffering.
/out/ says no, Sup Forums, and /asp/ is flooded with WWE so I guess Im posting here.
Do you run Dag, Amtgard, WoTS, or something Im forgetting?
What's your kit comprise of? Heres mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

you
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how do you play this mad game do you fight?

pick teams and wack each other with foam weapons

I seriously wish that was allowed, but alas, not enough padding

WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT MATE?

I run both Dagorhir and Amtgard, My kit is all over the place but I have a bit of everything now so that I can change up my weapon set on the fly.

Also OP if you are running Dagorhir you might want to go ahead and get a S&B kit, it will improve your footwork and give you some great flexibility in skirmishing and holding a line

a lot of that looks like gorg tech. What area are you in? I know his stuff is hella expensive to ship

wtf is this shit the evolution of fingerboxes? fuck off with this autistic shit.

Thats my next step. I've been using my buddys S&B in the mean time. He's got the same woodgrain half-bat in that pic and its a lot of fun. I usually run spear and dagger and I just got an 8' foot that Ive been some really good work with it even in skirmishing

I am close to Albion country and yeah Gorg made a good bit of my tech, I have been playing for about 3 years so I have had time to build up slowly over time. most of his stuff i pick up at events to avoid shipping fees because fuck adding 25 dollars or so on top of the weapon cost.

isnt Albion in SC? I'll be in that area for Winter War at Eastwind in November

Then yeah you are all set, for the most part after getting a S&B and a polearm weapon with a small sidearm that is really all you really need, you might want to look into archery in the future or something like that but as for diversity on the field those tools are really all you need to fill every role.

Correct WW is coming up soon, I was just at Bloodied Downs this previous week, had a blast, got to see the Son's take home literally every single belt flag from every tourny but then again they are literally the best unit in the world at the moment in terms of tournament wins and belt flags.

Ive got pvc bow I made with just a heat gun and paracord. Its not pretty but it does the job

Well as long as it is less than 45lbs and the required pull length then your good, just be sure to double check that the arrow heads are penny capped or you run the risk of the arrow shaft going through the foam

It was posted towards the top faggot, but here is a link to some of the shit we do

you tube.com/ watch?v=i97Ie76i8EY

Id like to see the Sons fight Ebon Light from south FL, they are probably the best group in the state

Well they kinda did last Rag if I remember correctly, the Sons and the rest of Albion took home the 25 man tourny every year that it has been held at Rag, not to mention the 4 horsemen tournys as well, but if Ebon Light comes up to WW you would be able to see for yourself.

Ill make it to Gates one day... one day. Also Ragnarok. I really want to go to Ragnarok

Yeah Rag is a blast, can't wait for the next one already.

Buy Calimacil products

never heard of it

Did Belegarth for a year or so. Had a lot of fun being a sneaky asshole with a spear. Hiding behind big guys then popping out and jabbing people in the gut, popping that guy in peripheral who has no idea he's my actual target, so much god damn fun and a hell of a confidence booster. I miss it but I don't miss a few of the people at all.

If I could set up my own thing I'd want something that is purely about lining up with semi-random teams and beating the ever loving shit out of each other with foam weapons and simplified rules all day long. Just the relentless fun of fighting.

www calimacil com

I dont think they are legal for dag or amt or even wots, which has really low standards

Yeah thats exactly how you are supposed to fight with a spear, hitting the guy 3 people down instead of focusing just on the people in front of ya, I personally like to pick up that big Tower shield and make an unmoving wall and just be that guy.

Makes sense why I never heard of them before then, and if it isnt even passing in amt then they have to be really shitty.

ugh. tower shields. the bane of my existence

And flail...dont forget about the flail

Dont get me wrong, they LOOK spectacular, but they dont have nearly enough padding for them to actually be safe

I never expected a foam fighter thread on Sup Forums Also Iowa Belgrim reporting in. My body is ready for Okt!

flails are a pain but I can get around them. But a shield big enough just squat behind is just ridiculous. IMO tower shields are a crutch

Ahh ok, yeah there is no place for fancy weapons with a lot of detail in Dag to be honest, we either break them too often or it will fail due to it looking too different from the norm at weapons check...

Towers are a big crutch but at the same time im a big guy so fuck footwork lol, but in tournys and and serious stuff I use a regular sized punch with a half bat, opens back up my shot selection and speed.

Are those riding crops and cattle prods.

yes

I'm in amtgard. Northern holdfast reporting in, you?

I lose respect for anyone I see using a tower shield, please learn your body mechanics.

Fuck tower shields!

They are awkward as fuck

Like I said its moslty just to fuck around and piss people off in bridge battles, I mainly stay with a regular punch and halfbat when im wanting to actually try instead of just hold a flank or something.

Dagorhir- Ancient Wharf

Location?

Also race, and class? Me: elf, barbarian, gonna level up to 2 Sunday. Kill after death for the win!

When I cross game into Amt I am part of Eastwind castle and Winters Edge

Nice, you will like lvl 5 when you get brutal strike, stops a lot of effects like FaD, the warriors free revive and other stuff like that...and golems and undead minions and list goes on and on lol

nerd motherfuckers

i could beat you all up and steal your fake weapons

Prove it, go onto Facebook and look up a local park, im sure they will have some loaner weapons...show them how good you think you are

North East FL
Dag doesnt do races or classes, at least none of the groups I know of. Closest thing is a Knight which is mostly just from being a very significant role in the community (i.e. being around forever, contributing to the game in major ways, and I think maybe even doing some community service)

Was going to make a bag mask for that before I quit. Had fantastic material for it that you can see out of perfectly but not in. Got intensely annoyed that people made tons of excuses to wear sunglasses for the same advantage, these same people have bitched about things being period or not on several occasions.

One of my favorite moment was when I charged right through a line and nailed an archer in the gut then ran right back out with no problems. Archer held a grudge.

*blushes deeply*
Uhhh... I-it's not like I meant it that way dude
0/////0

For classes I think he was talking about Amtgard, but yeah Knighthood in Dag is a really big thing, one of the hardest things to accomplish in the game right now due to all of the requirements

I know I'm excited. I'm new and don't have my own weapons yet, haven't had time to build them. Fuck I don't even have time to make a black tunic to match my black skirt

wut y'all doin

Actually saw a guy try that once. Three vet fighters squared up with him ready to beat the hell out of him and he lost his courage pretty quick when it was made clear they wouldn't be fighting by normal rules.

Right. Forgot about that(I have friends I. Dag), what is your garb like?

That does not suprise me. We got an ex marine in the northern holdfast.

see

Weapons for amtgard are really easy to make, get graphite golf core shafts, mega pool noodle from walmart and some DAP and a cloth cover and you are good to go, shields are a bit harder but if you can get the solid pieces of foam you can cut out the center for a pvc handle, wrap it up with cloth tape and put a cloth covering over the shield and you are good to go!

Don't know that location. Northern holdfast is part of the something mountain kingdom. It's in northern colorado

I'm a mechanic, and ya I can make/fix basically anything. I haven't found time yet hehe

I bought some black linen parkour pants and a ring belt. Thats it. Too hot and doesnt get cold enough down here for much else

EWC and WE are both in the southeast around South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida area's

The ones I hate are pole arms. I'm quick enough to avoid them...
... Most of the time...

Eastwind in south carolina. theres a big event there coming up in november if you happen to find yourself near trenton

Well looks like im about to put myself out there but here is what my new garb looks like.

I have a black skirt that I wear swim pants under. You'd think it wouldn't get hot in there, but dear lord, it's bad. And it'll get worse after I make the tunic for up top.

In the nice all round year weather region

you would hate me. my 8 foot's core is carbon fiber and only weighs about 1.5lbs so its super fast

The 3 guys have just been fighting for a long ass time (like 8-10ish years each if I remember right). We did have several military vets though including some who were still ripped as fuck. Lot of actual firepower in the group too.

Always laughed at the hecklers because they almost never dared to get out of their cars or even slow down as they yelled shit while driving by. The few that did try and prove how awesome they were got wrecked.

Well there's a huge event going on right now in Illinois. Wish I could have gone.

Nice hell, we are waiting for Winter so that we stop melting in the heat every single time we fight for more than 5 mins at a time lol

That looks heat stroke inducing. Glorious beard too. Like a god damn dwarven beard!

why the padding.

its been consistently 95-100+ the last month or so. fuck tops

One of the guys in the northern holdfast has a 7 ft bamboo one that is feather light. He's super fast with it too. He's knocked me on my ass with it.

they're all pussy bitches that can't fight for real

i bet they don't even fist fight

Yeah. We don't get fucked with in the northern holdfast.

Yeah it doesnt breath at all up top but it does look sexy, and thanks I have thankfully had jobs recently that havnt required me to shave so I have been growing it out

Dat humidity tho.

not w/ me you're not.

i'm undefeated. 12 years larping. I've never been struck down. even as a beginner...

halberd and kite shield
i also have a pretty cool mask i sometimes wear.

i am staff master hands down. none of my buddies can touch me lmao

Would you wanna get whacked with a carbon fiber composite shaft? I sure as fuck wouldnt

Again show up to a practice and pick a fight, I bet you wont faggot. you can easily find groups in your local area on facebook by searching for Dagorhir

Actually we can. We also know how to fucking ground grapple.

A BOW AND ARROW?? YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT SAFE IN SIMULATED COMBAT, RIGHT?? JESUS ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU'RE GOING TO END UP HURTING SOMEONE

Ya. I wear a thin as fuck t shirt currently. You'd think my garb would be opposite of heat stroke inducing, coz it allows airflow, but no.

for reference this is what I used to wear when I played WoTS. Hot as hell and plastic armor is uncomfortable as fuck but damn did I look good.

the tips are not real arrowheads faggot

Sword n board! Got a boffer group in my area get high n drunk af every sunday n make fun of the neckbeard larpers

I have to shave the small amount I have currently for a second job interview. I want 2 jobs to make more money coz it's expensive as fuck to live here

and this is what I wear for Dag because Im giving a damn

You'd be surprised.

you fucking idiot, one of your little cushions is going to fall off. and you're going to fucking KILL SOMEONE.

don't you get it?? you don't fucking shoot someone with a BOW AND ARROW!

what realm are you from? I wouldn't mind meeting you in battle.

And they really don't hurt that bad to get hit with- been shot a few times. Including in the ballsack.

Glorious? That beard is hugging on to his neck for dear life!

I know a guy who got hit with an arrow that had a hunting head that was just covered with open cell foam. Needless to say the arrown stuck into his leg, he went to the hospital, and the archer was banished to the shadow realm. Dont know what happened to the weapon checker but hopefully he doesnt do that anymore

Its cuz your fat pussy