What is the essential Carpenter kino? Just watched this, where to next?

What is the essential Carpenter kino? Just watched this, where to next?

Prince of Darkness
Ghosts of Mars
Escape from New York
The Thing
Halloween
They Live
In the Mouth of Madness

I haven't seen The Ward yet though.
Big Trouble in Little China

You have to add Assault on Precinct 13

Arguably the greatest film ever made:

>The Ward
>Box office: $1.2 million[2]

Jesus.

If Im being honest I really didnt see the appeal

Forgot about that, but haven't seen it either, well not the original, the reboot sucks.

Preach. Been watching that movie since I was a kid and can still watch it from beginning to end grinning ear to ear. God I wish Kurt Russel was in more shit, he was great in Bone Tomahawk last year.

just watch his entire run from 1974-1988 in order, then in the mouth of madness, escape from LA, vampires, and his masters of horror episode cigarette burns

>cigarette burns

Oh shit, he did that? It felt so 80s too. lol

>google image searched "cigarette burns" without the word "movie"

God damn it humanity.

None of you fuckers mentioning the real underrated gem
The Fog
still holds up, it's great.

i don't think any of his movies are bad. Watch all of them.

Some faggot will do this for every one of his movies so sit the fuck down.

The Abyss?

Not OP but here goes

I googled the trailer for They Live! and I know it was an 80s trailer but man it looked like shit. Is it actually a good movie or is it one of those cheesy 80s movies?

What?

It is one of his more deep movies. You literally have to "get it" but to do that you have to watch it. Trailers won't help.

>mfw people legit think Carpenter is kino purely because of Thing
Man, just watched Winter Kills, Eiger Sanction, 7 Days in May and Prince of Darkness in a week. PoD is without doubt the worst film.

Just watch it all. Even the more tropey stuff like Halloween has great cinematography and a memorable original score.

I'm fairly certain we're living in an alternate Berenstain universe. In the proper Berenstein dimension, John Carpenter became the equivalent of our James Cameron.

TRIPS OF TRUTH CARPENTER FAGS BEAT THE FUCK OUT

Back in the early days of Sup Forums and Sup Forums like no one on this board even know about The Thing. I'd post it and no fucking replies or the ones I got never heard of it. Glad to see things changed over the years.

some fucker will defend vampires or the mars one?
wew lad. that stuffs shit

>there are redditors that actually believe this

Cameron is the vanilla jobber of Hollywood, he puts no personality into his cinematography or scripts. He is the ultimate safe bet which is why he is given money to do anything he wants, it's blockbuster filler without a scrap of uniqueness or artistic merit.

I watched Big Trouble last month and The Thing, Escape from NY and In the Mouth of Madness last week. I liked the four a lot and I'm trying to decide which one to watch now. I think The Fog or They Live

>BEAT THE FUCK OUT

Kinda like your mom's asshole?

Probably bcoz of the vidya adaptation

Instead of calling it kino. Just marathon all of carpenters work and call it a study.