How did Lucas get away with so much goofy dialogue and poorly directed scenes in the prequels?

How did Lucas get away with so much goofy dialogue and poorly directed scenes in the prequels?

WTF is that peeking over his shoulder, Darkseid?

>movie literally made by lucas, top dog at lucas films
>everyone becomes a yes-man lest they lose their job

Who exactly was going to tell the owner of Star Wars he couldn't do what he wanted?

Also that line wasn't in the movie you dingus. But that was a decent game.

It's funny how the prequels were such hot garbage yet most of the games were really good

I wish pic related got its own series

What did he mean by this?

Honestly I don't think there is an IP out there with as many good games as Star Wars.

Sure there are a few turds here and there, but it's mostly a goldmine.

bh sucked donkey dick

You suck donkey dick

He's George Lucas, that's how

Ralph, Mc fucking Quarrie, also music by John Williams.

How is it the game had better dialogue than the actual film it was based on?

It wasn't solely written by George Lucas for one

It amazes me that an experienced film maker like him couldn't tell how awful his dialogue was

Because Lucas didn't make it.

All I remember from this was going around the hub world tying up protocol droids and setting them on fire with a flame thrower.

But it isn't?

Those games had no right being as good as they were.

>be george lucas
>survive a car wreck that by all logic and expectations should have been impossible to survive
>go on to make Star Wars, a movie that by all logic and expectations should have been impossible to make
>see these young men in your employ with no passion for their craft; just living day by day
>try to stoke the fires of their hearts by giving them logically impossible tasks, because you're george fucking lucas, and you know that the only way true greatness occurs is when faced with impossible odds
>employees fail to understand your wisdom and whine about your "impossible" expectations on the internet

>shit film character is great game character
I wish all the good star wars games were just part of another universe, it's just too much to bear playing them now.

maybe he just didn't care

Carrie fisher stated multiple times during the filming of the OT that she told Lucas his dialog was garbage, a lot of OT lines were actor improv, especially Han and Leia's conversations.

bravo Lucas.

Are you implying Lucas isn't autistic?

>be Adolf Hitler
>Survive a war and a coup that by all logic and expectations should have been impossible to survive
>go on to make Third Reich, a country that by all logic and expectations should have been impossible to make
>see these young ubermensh in your country with no passion for their heritage; just living day by day
>try to stoke the fires of their hearts by giving them logically impossible tasks, because you're Adolf fucking Hitler, and you know that the only way true greatness occurs is when faced with impossible odds
>employees fails to understand your wisdom and whine about your "impossible" expectations on the internet

> you can type this shit out the shit but you can't say it

George Lucas didn't actually write or direct the original Star Wars or Empire strikes Back (seriously look at the credits), in return the Jedi and onwards he got creative control and look how they turned out.

Still beats the crap of JJ Abrams but.

>dark forces series
>jk series
>battlefront 1 and 2
>kotor 1 and 2
>BH
>clone wars
>republic commando
>galaxies
>the RTS one

pretty damn good, theyve been fucking up recently but those games were so good

Kasdan wrote most of TFA though.

kasdan wrote it but you know disney told him and jj they wanted a soft reboot

i guarantee you jj put in that stupid squid ball tentacle monster scene himself however

The writing was still miles above Lucas.

i must check your trips but shit like

>droid (nigga) please
>i know how to handle myself
>im being torn apart

were on tier with lucas' shit

>Anakin: From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breath. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do?- I will do anything you ask.
>[uncomfortable pause]
>Anakin: ... if you are suffering as much as I am, PLEASE, tell me.

>Anakin: I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.

>Anakin: I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM!

>Yoda: Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.

Sorry, that shit is just embarrassing.

TFA was bland but passable.

Holy shit, how much of that is CGI? I forgot how bad these movies looked. Even the fucking desk and chairs look fake.

They *are* fake. George Lucas 'pioneer' digital effects.

Before then they were still mainly using a mixture of practical computer generated effects. It was even the first major movie not to be shot on film.

And you know what? Good on him for trying something new at the time.

Because Sup Forumsirgins are obsessed with videogaymeshit and edginess

Suck my dick you stupid bitch Empire is one of the most overrated flicks ever made. It's a boring, slow, has the worst self-contained plot-arc out of arguably the entire saga and the writing is barely memorable outside of generic mystic shit yoda says which you don't see much of in America (all the eastern mysticism was Lucas' idea).

Read some fucking Oscar Wilde or something if you want 'good' writing, what's Lawrence Kasdan ever done to make him so lionized? People remember Vader being Luke's father, sure, that's cool shit, but all the real depth in Star Wars is on the technical side, which was all pushed by Lucas, and on the grand 'saga' nature of the story, which again was Lucas.