"I'm really into music! I'm not a generic human being, i have individual taste!"

>"I'm really into music! I'm not a generic human being, i have individual taste!"
>Favorite artists includes Radiohead, Beach Boys, Tame Impala, or any populist Sup Forumscore pitchfork staple

Why do college plebs say this?

I forgot to say Sufjan. I hate him most of all. Artificial indeee for 18 year olds

'College Pleb' here. In music major. Nobody I know says they have 'individual taste'. And I only listen to one (1) of the groups you mentioned and that's rarely.

get a life op

here is your answer

But but sufjan is great :(

tbf it's better than half-heartedly listening to top 40

>tfw

People who hate Sufjan generally seem to not have listened to many of his albums, because his stuff has a good bit of variety in genre and style.

>GRR stop liking what i don't like
why would you make this thread?

That is the worst graph I've ever seen presented seriously. The Experience decreases after reaching '100%' confidence

It's to show that some people drop quicker than others.

>Hating on beach boys
come on my dude

>on Sup Forums
Come on dude

>hating on Tame Impala
come on my dude

Sup Forums overrates individuality, there's nothing wrong in liking artists most people do, in fact it helps you connect with them,also most music snobs I know are cringey

>not being my dude
come on my dude

Insecurity. It's easier to like things everyone does; than to like what you genuinely enjoy that others don't.

Uniqueness and individuality are overrated.

seems way more insecure to pretend like some"patrician" music to prove "I'M DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE I SWEAR"

Ur cool

>dude
come on my dude

That's not what I said cretin. I'm simply saying that people, especially college aged kids, and also Sup Forums tend to circle-jerk around the same artists.

Hating music simply because it is popular is stupid. But people tend to talk about, especially irl, artists they know will be well received by the group. (except autists, then we get Normie story threads).