Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War

damn that really is an impressive list

>Pschyo
>The Birds

Both trash compared to the other two.

Fucking John Carpenter man, gotta love him

Yeah, Psycho gets touted as Hitchcock's masterpiece, but I was never that impressed by it. I suppose it was pretty shocking and made an impression in its day, but I much prefer some of his other stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

inb4 fedora plebbitor

Come on Sup Forums

That's literally his best movie.

>Not including Eyes Wide Shut

I should smack you right on the penis.

Not including Eyes Wide Shut

>The Godfather
>The Conversation
>The Godfather II
>Apocalypse Now
Nobody can beat Coppola's initial run. Nobody

What an anticlimactic film.

>implying Vertigo isn't overrated

>no eyes wide shut

It would be
>Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
>Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
With only 4 films Yates is the sixth highest grossing director and only a hundred million behind Nolan for fifth place and over twice as many films

isn't that the whole point?

Coppola has lost his mind, sadly. He's convinced the world needs a FOURTH Godfather film.

Helo Reddito

Reddit would have said The Killing.

No

Butchering the series by cutting the longest book into the shortest film. No thanks.

Hahaha complete pleb. It gets across everything important and more. Sure I'm upset they cut stuff they filmed like the brain scene bc it was my fav but they did it to make a better movie and it works very well you're not making movies for a reason.

Things were always goinf to have to be cut. Lots of things in fact. And frankly it doesn't matter the entire point of filmmaking is its a different medium with different necessities and therefore artistic expression. Yes I think its underrated its very well paced tho and shot and made ill fight you. But I like 6 and 7 even moreso.

The best pound-for-pound director of all time

Where do I start on Tark? Should I watch his films chronologically or is there a better order?

barry lyndon was a work of art. the shining was the combo breaker

le funny Sup Forums meme

>complete pleb
>defending harry potter

Even JK didn't take any faults with the adaptation she actually really liked the film and its evident yates was a very fine director since they wanted him for fantastic beasts. You could say JK was just saying it for the press but (it was going to make the same amount no matter what she said) she hadnt really praised the directing and the film in that manner before, save Cuaron. She said she honestly though ootp was the best yet. It was a much better film than Goblet of Fire

I mean, it's impressive, but you should have stopped after They Live. Just because In the Mouth of Madness is a good movie doesn't mean that Memoirs of an Invisible Man, Village of the Damned remake, and Escape from LA aren't much lesser movies. Even Christine is really weak when compared to Halloween of The Thing.

Fuck off tripfag.

Listen faggot the films are better than 90% of the shit ever posted on this board. The only bad film is goblet. Sorry you can't analyse film.

The accepted r/movies best is Barry. Keep being a good 19 year old

Goblet is the second best.

I'll be 20 this month.

>discussing film is bad on the board
Fuck off with your shitposting its okay you have nothing to contribute bc you know nothing

reminder that showgirls is kino

>using Sup Forums shitposting to try and make harry potter sound good
>serious

This board is literally shit. Goblet is the worst film its not even funny. Its regarded as the worst you newfag

How can other directors even compete?

Is there a reason why you failed to include The Killing, Paths of Glory, Spartacus, Lolita and Eyes Wide Shut or are you just a massive pleb?

Been having a homerun streak for 20 years

Because those films are all flawed except the first two, but they aren't part of the streak.

>being a dumbshit average Sup Forums user
>implying you don't have really bad taste

only barry lyndon is good out of those.

>only god forgives

kubrick-tier is only movies included. killing and paths don't streak with his 10/10's later on sadly.

literally this.

chronologically.

3deep5u, sorry there is no morgan freeman or michael caine to narrate and explain stuff for you

>tfw your entire career is an ongoing film streak

into the trash you go you fucking pleb tripfaggot.
you didn't even include his best films in your """""list"""""

paths is his best film you ultra pleb

Terminator 10/10
The abyss 9/10
T2 7/10
True Lies 6/10
Titantic 5/10

Yea he doing great

It was better than trash like Valhalla Rising

when did barry lyndon become meme?

bravo

>Titanic that low

pleb

>Valhalla rising
>Trash

About 2 years ago

Ignore the middle one. It never got that wide of a release anyway.

>The Dark Knight Rises

>not including bottle rocket and rushmore
>including darjeeling limited

I am platinum mad

I understood that Bleach reference ;^)

>he likes
>not only likes thinks titanic is a good film
>a film worth of watching
>calling others pleb

what is aliens?

The lowest I rated is Insomnia as 8/10. He's not even my favorite, I think he's a great director.

>the dark knight

I respect him for at least taking chances and trying things that are a bit outside of what we have come to expect from Hollywood, but I wouldn't really call him a great director.

Sup Forums has gone to shit.

Darjeeling is his best.

Aliens is garbage that's why I forgot about it. Dude guns and bugs. Newt is the worst character ever.

only comparables to mine.
Would put Nolan but without TDKR and Interstellar.

seriously what happened to this asshole? all he makes are 400 million dollar cartoons anymore

filtered

>Nolan
>great director.

i agree,

>4 great, 1 good, 1 alright

not bad

I will say Interstellar is directed to near perfection, I'm not even memeing. It's the writing of heavy exposition and weird philosophical talk that are the weak points.

what did he mean by this?

>boogie nights
>good
Tip

>2 good movies
>1 mediocre movie
>1 shitty movie
>1 good movie
>1 mediocre movie again
Nice try Paul

agree hard.

the best run in film

since when is PTA not kino?

Visually spectacular, and I love the interpretation of the alien worlds, but as you say, way too much exposition, and the whole "power of love" thing is cringy bullshit.

Both the Shining and FMJ are mediocre. Dr. Strangelove also isn't that great.

No he's heavy handed with trying to get emotional moments across its cringworthy. That film was an insult to cinema so much potential acts like he wants to almost go kubrick and fucks his shit up with cliche and hacks its up

GOAT.