Am I the only one who can't stand this record...

Am I the only one who can't stand this record ? Mu/ was going batshit for it so I listened to it front to back and hated every minute. It's so messy and unfocused and David Portners vocal style is just god awful.

Am I missing something ? Is it worth another go ? Did I fall for the meme ?

Animal Collective records are like Marmite. You love it or you hate it.

i hate it as well. Overrated and ended up killing the band

yeah, well i found it good

You're literally a subhuman if you don't like it

I mean that sincerely.

Help a pleb out here, what do you see in this shit ?

Keep listening til it lets you in.

Listen to Strawberry Jam first, its more accessible.

This one definitely takes a few spins before it reveals it's appeal! I also almost hated it during the first couple of times.

The beauty of it is in the maximalism and the sheer amount of things happening all the time. It's like a dreamy forest where you can get lost in or something like that.

I like it a lot. I can see why people wouldn't like it, but you should give it a few more tries. The album has a lot of things going on.

This was their last good album desu

Nothing about the album is messy or unfocused, it's just busy. Everything is deliberate and works together.

>Mu/
>David Portner

why are people replying to this obvious bait?
saged.

I can see why people hate it, but I've always liked it. Wouldn't say I loved it, but I do really enjoy the weird overproduced atmosphere it has going for it.

No it isn't

It's all subjective. A lot of people don't like the spacey tone or the harmonies. If you don't like it at all, you probably won't any time soon. Still, if you find yourself needing to give albums another try, this one is up there.

>takes a few spins before it reveals it's appeal
>eating shit until it starts to taste good

I believe you. I'm an autistic virgin who contributes nothing to society and hate this album.

It's literally their Art Angels.
Think about it.

just listen to summertime clothes and bluish a couple times

i dont understand why you gotta listen to the whole album front to back... that shit takes a ton of attention, i only do that when it's an album that's already got like 3 or 4 songsi like on it

I honestly do think people who don't like this are more likely to be shut-ins, virgins, social outcasts, etc. So much of MPP is about living and experiencing life and the pleasures and tribations and reveling in positivity. Such people literally cannot connect with it.

>think

almost made me user, almost

what the fuck is this?

what is this?

I have to say, after more than 100 listens, I have a feeling that this album is BOTH underrated and overrated... it's polarizing, but that doesn't mean it's not great. It's really fantastic actually.

But it's not the best album that was ever made. I'm not even sure what the best album ever made is, because I haven't listened to every album and I never will. Wish people could be more humble about these things.

get your head out of your ass

its just personal opinion, if you dont like it you dont like it