Good Kung Fu Movies

What are some good kung fu movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dac__V8wqb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Heroes of the East. Shaw Bros, Lau Kar Leung, Gordon Liu, and one of the greatest chopsocky plots of all time as far as excuses to have awesome fights are concerned. It's one of the rare old HK movies where you get to see Japanese styles in action alongside kung fu.

The Lone Wolf and Cub series is pretty great for atmosphere and cool moments, though the actual fight choreography and editing isn't really that impressive if that's what you look for in this kind of film.

If you do want to see some great swordplay choreography, though, try The Blade (Tsui Hark's frenetic remake of the classic One-Armed Swordsman) or John Woo's early wuxia flick Last Hurrah For Chivalry. They both have at least one scene guaranteed to make your jaw drop.

Thanks familia downloading some of these now,

Kung Fu, like Spaghetti Westerns, are a genre for plebians.

Stay mad.

>Kung Fu, like Spaghetti Westerns
always the one guy with no taste in these threads, thanks for stepping up

I know right? Like Drunken Master and the Five Deadly Venoms. Can anyone recommend more movies like these? You know, so I can avoid watching them.

A classic.

The real pleb

Reddit, get the fuck off my board

Magnificent Butcher is my favorite. Awesome choreography by Sammo and Woo-Ping, and it's always great to see big fat Sammo be surprisingly agile and nimble.

>Gordon Liu
36 Chambers borders on overrated but it's a classic for a reason, gotta give that one a mention. More of a training movie than a fight movie but the setup and payoff is pretty great.

Way to start off with the greatest kung-fu movie of all time OP.

>Don't Give A Damn
>My Lucky Stars
>Wheels on Meals
>Winners and Sinners
>Dragons Forever
>Project A

Three Amigos-core. If you like one movie, you'll like them all. Sammo is good in all. Jackie gets longer fight finales against more interesting villains (including Benny "the Jet" Urquidez, twice). Yuen Biao is a piece of shit as always.

drunken master 2
armor of god 2
dragons forever
wheels on meals
my father the hero
black mask

also looking for a shaw brother movie about a guy who gets dunked in some vat and learns pressure points on a brass figure with marbles to fight this invincible white haired master.

True Legend
Chocolate
Ong Bak

You rather have 10-20 threads talking about interracial cuckolding than this?

>Yuen Biao is a piece of shit as always
wut
who the fuck hates Yuen Biao, dude has flips and kicks for days

The English dub of this is hilarious. It's a joy to watch.

There's one scene where Jackie's master tells kid Jackie to strip naked and get into a bag with a snake.

True Legend is so odd. It's like this amazing Kung fu movie with like 20 minutes of China vs colonialism tacked on at the end for no reason because the main big bad was already beaten.

I'm being sarcastic.

>little fast guy who can't win against big villains without help, dirty tricks, or shenanigans
booked like a WCW cruiserweight. Peaked in his cameo in (Knockabout is pretty sweet too)

skadoosh

Super Ninjas
Fist of the White Lotus
Anything with Gordon Liu.

Shaolin Wu Tang

>Don't Give A Damn
noice, recommend Pedicab Driver and Pantyhose Hero.

I honestly wish you and the cuckmeisters would kill each other however I imagine there is substantial overlap with Kung Fu movie enthusiasts and cuckolding fetishists

I actually don't disagree with that. Yuen Biao was best doing one-off moves and didn't carry many great fight scenes himself. His best fight probably IS in Magnificent Butcher which is kinda sad now that I think about it.

The Prodigal Son is another classic but it's mostly hand shapes and I've always felt that movie has too many edits in the fights.

>Sammo's hybrid styles plus kickboxing v Lau Kar Leung's southern styles
>that staff fight
Pedicab Driver is amazing

I'm glad no one is sucking Ip Man's dick in this thread so far but if you like that modern-but-kinda-old-school thing you should watch Jet Li's Fearless. It's a better example of the "legendary wise badass master defeats all comers" schtick, and of course if you want to see where that really started you should watch The Chinese Connection with Bruce Lee, or at least the dojo scene.

This is a favourite. Also recently saw a Shaw Bros martial arts/horror film called Human Lanterns (1982) which I would recommend.

Just watched this fight. Staff stuff was a little obviously sped up but it was still aces. Can't believe I haven't heard of this movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dac__V8wqb8

I also liked that jab at Mad Monkey Kung Fu at 1:49.

>shaw brother movie about a guy who gets dunked in some vat and learns pressure points on a brass figure with marbles to fight this invincible white haired master.
It's called "Executioners from Shaolin".

Kill Bill 1 and 2.

Pays a nice homage to both spaghetti westerns and kung fu and melds them together nicely.

They're fun movies but they have very little kung fu.

late 80s Jackie stuff really shouldn't be in here either, I mostly see people call that type of fighting "80s kickboxing" and it's awesome but it's not kung fu

Drive (1997), with Mark Dacascos. Great action, a fun bromance between Mark and Kareem Hardison, and a wonderfully pulpy plot. Add in a great final boss fight and you've got one of the best B-movies ever.

Good taste user. Too bad this isn't the one that won the Oscar.

Oh, I guess Drive 2011 didn't win any Oscars. Just got a lot of praise and other shitty awards.

I know, it made me fall in love with Mark Dacascos. Do you know of any martial arts movies he's been in other than Drive and Cradle 2 the Grave?

kung fu panda, all of em

I heard the third one sucked.

I heard the same thing about your mom.

DELETE THIS

He goes alright in the Sammo Hung's Dirty Dozen homage jungle war movie Eastern Condors, although it is a lot of power moves.

Only the Strong
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Crying Freeman
and
Double Dragon if you're feeling cheesy.

Grew up on Jackiekino