oh for fucks sake

Skrillex

Autechre

Actual good music

Boc

Autechre > BoC > Aphex Twin

autechre by a landslide
they've been constantly changing their sound and getting better as time goes on

aphex twin has stayed pretty consistent over the years which is good i guess but after the 50th acidic track it gets kinda stale

elseq was aoty and cheetah was forgettable in every way

This

cheetah wasn't intended to be anything than a nice couple of tunes, i agree though that aes output at this point is more consistant and impressive. here's to hoping richard will make something that blows your balls off like drukqs did, not just "chilled solid jams"

orbital

OPN. fucking plebes

what does OPN mean? I keep seeing it everywhere and it's driving me crazy

This. Both have grown artistically but Autechre have just pulled more and more ahead over time

I wish people would stop pretending they enjoy autechre

While we're here, can I get some recs for essential electronic albums? I like stuff along the lines of aphex/autechre/boc but I want to go deeper.

Oneohtrix point never

I do though. It's infinitely enjoyable when there are no consistent patterns and then all of a sudden you discover a new medley. Most of autechre's discography is replayable as fuck.

Oneohtrix Point Never cuuuh

if u cant see autechre being leagues ahead of aphex at this point (granted that you have listened to elseq or exai) ur hopeless

autechre have been breaking frontiers in the 2010s. aphex had his place in the 90s but he took a break and making music to him at this point is self indulgent as fuck

which is fine and u can make and put out as much music as u want. saying autechre and him are on the same level now tho is an insult

>own about 50 combined physical releases by these two artists, and that's split about down the middle

oh, don't make me choose~

this makes sense now. Someone describe Arca as the gay OPN

It doesn't really go much deeper than them other than Stockhausen and other original electronic pioneers.

Similar artists though are u-Ziq, Squarepusher, Luke Vibert, Flying Lotus, later Ulver

Wendy (or, Walter) Carlos: Switched on Bach

Kraftwerk: The Man-Machine

Daft Punk: Homework

The Chemical Brothers: Dig Your Own Hole

Orbital: Orbital 2 (or, the 'brown album')

Underworld: Second Toughest in the Infants

Tobacco: Fucked Up Friends

Autechre: Amber

Aphex Twin: Selected Ambient Works 85-92

Deadmau5: Random Album Title (yes, really. many honest anons concede that this one is good. Not "essential" but a recent, decent, popular album)

I've honestly enjoyed Aphex much more consistently over the years, where-as Autechre have some amazing highlights for me in their earlier career but I didn't really like the direction they went in with during the 2000s sound-wise. I'm just not into that sharp, sporadic, experimental sounding shit. I can't stand Untitled, it's one of the most annoying, un-musical sounding albums to me. Strongly prefer their first three and how melodic and pleasant they were.

They've both produced about the same amount of albums I actually like, though, but I'll give it to Richard for being a more reliably enjoyable artist for me, and he was more influential for me personally, too. That said, when Autechre are great they're better than Aphex imo.

I meant Untilted, of course.

i personally prefer aphex. autechre's LP5 and Tri Repetae is just as good as RDJA and ICBYD though

Autech Twin
Aphex Techre

Bola's "Soup". It's essential.

>making music to him at this point is self indulgent as fuck
>what is elseq

Clark - Empty the Bones of You

is very different

Clark- Clark is nice too, more electronic

not mad, but there are recommendations, charts and lists all over the place for this sort of thing, check the sticky.

Anyway, I highly recommend LFO next!

*Gay Autechre

Both, but Squarepusher is even better tbfh

Coil are gay proto-autechre

Is there any Squarepusher that isn't just 'drum n bass with le jazz sample' shit? I fucking can't stand that music, totally takes away the energy from Jungle music

Chaos A.D. - Buzz Caner
Shobaleader One – d'Demonstrator

Cheers, i'll check it out

And his Brother Ceephax makes good music too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5xki8Wzu4

Who's pretending?

I heard you're so fat and ugly nobody would wanna fuck you, is that true?

Rich because he doesn't take himself seriously 24/7 and can pull of a variety of emotions.
I love the Autechre boys but I always feel my head is up my ass when I listen to them.

have you ever read/seen an interview with these guys?

it's funny how people think they make this super intellectual music and they're really just some chilled out mancunian ex b-boys lmao

you are of the welcome