/daily/ - Delete, Ban Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music.
neverendingchartrendering.org/
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
Post dicks.
Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/20hoWZgeMDs
globalpsychedelia.com
youtube.com/watch?v=xEz5ZRsdZQg
youtu.be/LFQaNh4RMJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=hK99vZerSdc
youtube.com/watch?v=ANF6qanEB7s&t=4151s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BAN THIS

ikr?

i listened to Out to Lunch! for the 2nd time today and i was wondering, was Dolphy influenced by Atonalism? cause the whole album sounds incredibly atonal

yo this OP aint cool man

Song of the year

damn it /ded/

ha ha jaz xD

could be a nice goregrindmetal cover artwork

Everyone's been scared off by the OP

Sure is quiet today. What is /daily/ listening to?

I'm checking out pic related that stick recommended yesterday.
It's definitely strange, but it fits in well with the This Heat / Camberwell Now post-punk scene.

Xd

Lee Fields & The Expressions is fucking amazing live, he let loose some of the rawest screams I've ever heard during Faithful Man. Especially recommended for everyone who likes James Brown.

damn son that some gud shit

what the fuck is this picture

I forgot to mention it's a Henry Cow side project. You can definitely hear that influence as well.

haha benis :DDDDDD

benis in mouf xd

youtu.be/20hoWZgeMDs
Here's me doing live processing and live mixing

made a instrumental hip hop track
its live from the studio or it was but here's recording of it

its lit as fuck too

Yeah, I was about to say in the beginning it sounds like This Heat, but later on it transitions into Henry Cow.

To anyone who love psychedelia, check this site:
>globalpsychedelia.com
thanks me later

Also, for a chart, do you have any recommendation for Japanese electronic artists/DJs?
what I have thus far:
- Cornelius
- Ken Ishii
- Susumu Yokota
- DJ Krush
they're pretty entry-level.

I found just the bike I want second hand, an old Bianchi racer. Extra tyres, extra tubes, extra bartape, cheap. Emailed the seller.. And it was already sold two hours after the ad was put up.

Fuck my life.

What are you listening to right now?

godspeed's john peel sessions
sleep is my favorite gybe song already but this version is incredible

finally listened to that album torts gave a 10 the other day, opinions forthcoming

Go viral somewhere else Monty
bad OP, user
music

k I guess we're just going with this thread despite the OP then.

here are some blues 78's reviews

Frank Hutchinson
A: Alabama Girl, Ain't You Comin' Out Tonight?: ~
B: Burglar Man: *

Garfield Akers
A: Cottonfield Blues Pt.1: **
B: Cottonfield Blues Pt.2: **

Gene Campbell
A: Don't Leave Me Blues: **
B: Doggone Mean Blues: *

Jim Jackson
A: I'm Gonna Start a Graveyard of My Own: *
B: I'm a Bad Bad Man: **

Johnnie Temple
A: The Evil Devil Blues: **
B: Jacksonville Blues: **

Margaret Johnson
A: Second-handed Blues: **
B: Good Woman Blues: *

Ida Cox & Papa Charlie Jackson
A: Mister Man Pt.1: ~
B: Mister Man Pt.2: ~

Papa Charlie Jackson
A: Shave Em Dry: *
B: Coffee Pot Blues: **

Peetie Wheatstraw
A: Creeping Blues: ~
B: Ice and Snow Blues: *

Peetie Wheatstraw
A: I'm Gonna Cut Out Everything: *
B: Devilment Blues: *

Peetie Wheatstraw
A: Pocket Knife Blues: *
B: Machine Gun Blues: *

Peetie Wheatstraw
A: Sugar Mama: *
B: Truckin' Thru Traffic: ~

Peg Leg Howell
A: Moanin' and Groanin' Blues: **
B: Hobo Blues: **

Peg Leg Howell
A: Turtle Dove Blues: ***
B: Walkin' Blues: **

Ramblin' Thomas
A: Hard Woman to Rule Blues: **
B: No Baby Blues: *

Roosevelt Graves & Brother
A: Woke Up This Morning (With My Mind on Jesus): **
B: I'll Be Rested (When the Roll Is Called): *

Crying Sam Collins
A: Dark Cloudy Blues: *
B: Pork Chop Blues: *

Sonny Boy Nelson
A: Pony Blues: *
B: Street Walking: **

Tampa Red
A: Sugar Mama Blues #1: **
B: That Stuff Is Here: *

Texas Alexander
A: Awful Moaning Blues Pt.1: **
B: Awful Moaning Blues Pt.2: **

(cont)

(cont)

Texas Alexander
A:Thirty Day Blues: *
B:Water Bound Blues: *

Washboard Sam
A: Mountain Blues: *
B: Phantom Black Snake: *

William Harris
A: Kansas City Blues: *
B: Hot Time Blues: ~

Alfred Lewis
A: Friday Moan Blues: **
B: Mississippi Swamp Moan: *

Charlie Lincoln
A: Mojoe Blues: **
B: Country Breakdown: *

Mother McCollum
A: I Want to See Him: *
B: When I Take My Vacation in Heaven: *

Blind Joe Taggart & Emma Taggart
A: I'll Be Satisfied: *
B: I Wish My Mother Was on That Train: ~

Texas Alexander
A: Texas Special: *
B: Someday, Baby, Your Trouble is Gonna be Like Mine: *

honestly one of the best GY!BE releases, even though it's unofficial

Monheim on there is just so beautiful

Turtle Dove Blues, eh?

DJ Shimamura to keep it entry level
DJ Sharpnel would be the next one
i found some great tracks on Hardcore*Tano comps

just going through random 50s/early 60s pop on youtube and laughing at the comments

thats a lot of reviews, gonna give a few a listen

Peg Leg Howell :ok_hand:

Is tops

Yeah, it's up there with Slow Riot imo, way better than the LP version of Lift Yr Skinny Fists

larry levan
dope shit

gotta check out peg leg howell
also christ it feels like it's been ages since I've seen you post with an actual trip

ikr, finally got my new computer

had to revert back to old trip though cause my newer one isn't saved on this comp :c

that trip was so aesthetic, RIP

what the fuck i just put on Let My Children Hear Music and i teared up listening to the first track this is so fucking good what the fuck
im not even exaggerating this never happens to me

in hindsight this was a bad post but this is very good music

if you don't have that reaction to let my children hear music you're broken

>25,000 Kittens
Man, this is stellar ambient drone. It's hard to describe, but it's very ethereal and calming, while still sounding varied.
And for a record that's only 18 minutes long, it's the perfect length and manages to feel complete.

>The Work - Rubber Cage
This is the strangest thing I've listened to in a minute.
It's a Henry Cow side project, and boy does it sound like it.
By that I mean it's inventive post-punk with very strange sounds, vocals, and lyrics, while for the most part being tightly played and complex.

My main complaint is that it lacks structure and does not have enough energy to keep it interesting and it's only 37 minutes long, but it feels much longer. Some tracks are basic filler experiments, and so far the only band that can get away with that is the Thinking Fellers.
Perhaps with time it'll grow on me, but anyhow I like it enough as it is and it's worth checking out if you're into This Heat, Henry Cow, or even Captain Beefheart.

bo en's pale machine

I'll get it back, I have it saved on my other comp, I left that at home tho

does that stop anyone here from posting

Totally forgot to start Japanuary earlier XD

>j-core
yeah but no

if you dont have this reaction to j-core youre broken

please stop referencing my post

Liking that high chart production value
""no""

then stop posting duh

:0

Kazuki Tomokawa - Gleaming Canyon
>Singer/Songwriter, Folk Rock

I really hate to rain on the hype parade here, but this album feels extremely melodramatic and disingenuous. I hate feeling like I'm being theatrically performed to, like I'm watching a campy play or something--same reason I can't into Nick Cave or Springsteen. It just feels like bad acting. And unfortunately, unlike Cave and Springsteen, Tomokawa does not afford me the luxury of memorable lyrics, what with the language barrier and all (not that lyrics really shore up my opinions on the two former though, they usually do more harm than good, but the possibility could've been there).

The instrumentals can be rad though. Can be. The guitar is usually pretty cool, especially on songs with furious strumming like "Azalea". There's occasionally a moment that showcases some extended technique on an instrument too, but buy and large it's either abused (the whimpering saxophone on "To the Dead Man", the violin on the first few tracks) or all too brief (the spiraling violin on the lengthy fadeout at the end of "The Keeper of Dreams" [which btw, seems like it could have been a cool jam had it not been so neutered], or the sputtering sax intro on "The Morning of Revolution" [which also quickly becomes annoying throughout the track]). But you really have to listen around that obnoxiously melodramatic violin for the first two tracks--hard to do since it's so high in the mix and panned so hard to the right or left, like a fly buzzing in your ear. The piano, while equally high in the mix and panned hard to the left, is pretty inoffensive, however present throughout the album.

Again, sorry(-not-sorry) about coming down hard on this album. And I think I get why people enjoy it, but I really just did not.

4-/10

;^)

uh oh

youtube.com/watch?v=xEz5ZRsdZQg

ruh roh

That's a spicy onion

this could get ugly

new BT _+ is bretty good

Crazy thing is, that's a good rating

:(
i had no idea he released a new album

海静か、魂は病み (Umi Shizuka, Tamashii wa Yami) is his best album imho youtu.be/LFQaNh4RMJ4

Out of 10. Nvm.

>Having bad taste
You should just end it all desu there's no future for you senpai.

I've been going through his discog. It's all been great stuff.

I feel like i'm going insane with sadness and frustration.

Music for this feel? Films for this feel?

what are some bands/artists similar to New Order?

joy division :0
but for real i just wanna hear more songs like age of consent

>Music for this feel?
Oranssi Pazuzu?

>Films for this feel?
Possession (1981)

good night & good morning - narrowing type

>tfw you're fucking pumped to hear an album and you're just sitting there in silence with your headphones on staring at the download waiting for it to finish on the first song so you can start it

your first paragraph is literally just "I'm not really feeling it desu". granted it's a strong stance and a strong opening statement is always good in this kind of review, but you need to proceed to try to pin it down to something, which you fail at entirely. the second paragraph seems at a total loss of focus, on any bigger point or an overall structure, and failing to give me an idea of the music's actual feel or sound - i mean when in the end your most convictive complaint is hardpanning, i mean, i know that can be annoying...

torts didn't say much of anything either but the enthusiasm he brought into his little review did a good enough job of selling it just by itself. the very brief descriptions he gives and especially tagging it as a novel combination of genres, Screamo folk are effective as well, and of course the setup which introduces him in association with familiar and beloved names. tbf you seemed to try this too but you could have listed any names instead of these specific two.

i'm sure of the victor of this rap battle

>tfw the first song finishes before the second song is done downloading

great album
>me right now with The Jazz Composer's Orchestra

>when you forget to queue the next song up and it ends abruptly

plz respond
i know Dolphy was one of the very few to have been trained classically but i still want to know if i am correct

>Girl Band - France 98 (2012)
>Noise rock, Post-punk
Fantastic EP from start to finish. This thing has energy that never lets up. Great hooks, great riffs, not much more you can ask for in a noise rock album. First listen I just thought it was okay, but it really clicked on my second listen.
~8~

>Adult Jazz - Gist Is (2014)
>Art rock, Art pop
This one wasn't bad, but it was too long for its own good. The production was outstanding on here, and it was a little more experimental than what the first track made me assume. I personally enjoyed the more avant-garde parts of this album over the rest (which was pleasant but same-y).
~6~

is jazz. jazz players don't know about tonality they all suck duh. It's supposed to sound bad.

this
jazz is just random notes desu

so... you're telling me.... i just made a 100 album chart... of albums filled with RANDOM NOTES????

Affirmative.

I could've removed the last sentence on that review and changed the score to 5 or 6 and nobody'd be freaking out desu

>but you need to proceed to
well thats where you're wrong, kiddo

And since when has a daily review not been either a two sentence bit or a rambling mess?

Jokes aside, valid criticism, but I'm just looking to express my feelings on an album, not about to perform a vivisection on the thing. I guess it is my prerogative to convince you all, the readers, of my opinion, but I think I'll save my dissertation and more repeated analytical listens for albums I enjoy more tbf.

Dolphy engaged in free jazz iirc, which was chock full of atonal playing, so to me it'd only be logical to assume Dolphy incorporated atonality in his playing. I can't be sure about Out to Lunch though. I'm well overdue for another listen though, so I could relisten and let you know what I hear I guess.

:(

This goes deeper than that. Every album on that chart is filled with random notes. Every album on all your other charts is filled with random notes too.

reminds me of one of my favourite rym reviews

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Glad you liked Girl Band, felt the exact same way about it.

Good looking out m8s. It really means alot.

youtube.com/watch?v=hK99vZerSdc

fucking hell, these old blues 78's are so poorly documented on rym, every artist has like a quarter of their discog missing

baka

Also try listening to positive stuff.

I couldn't pay these mofos to listen to the Dead, but all of Sunshine Daydream is on youtube if you feel like killing two birds with one stone. It's also one of their best concerts ever:

youtube.com/watch?v=ANF6qanEB7s&t=4151s

What the fuck lads, this might be a 10.

Oh, if you really want to revel in the sadness, then pic related

Oh shit it's been years since i've seen this, just got a flood of nostalgia.

Those puns are top notch t b h

Looks like your work is cut out for you

>Also try listening to positive stuff
I might do this. I usually like to romanticize my shitty feelings with music/movies that match said mood, but this is whole 'nother level of shittiness. It might be healthier to distract myself.

Link?

I love that album. I might give it another go tonight.

>Link?
no, the pig

ikr, yw

The pig being a 10/10 is not in question, it's literally a perfect specimen.

>Link?
I can't just give away my 10's all willynilly now

Imagine a neoclassical/post-minimalism album where track 1 is reminiscent of the art pop of Jim O'Rourke, track 2 sounds like a more modern Moondog, Track 3 is a percussion-heavy industrial soundtrack and track 4 is a beautifully flowing minimal solo piano piece.
That's this album, and it's astounding.

Gonna slap a 9 on it for now and give it repeated listens before an actual review.

hide yo tens
>the beating of wings
reminds me of sandman

>tfw you're downloading Sex

(it's bad)

Sounds cool af

But it's sex...

>mfw
:0

jazz > girls

Suckin diks>jazz