Will there ever be a legit good capeshit film?

Will there ever be a legit good capeshit film?

So far we've only had a handful of flicks and some movies, all of them made to satisfy the economic standards of a blockbuster for the sake of selling to the average Joe 80%.

But think about this, is it possible we ever get a superhero film that gets to talk about real life tough dealing issues and maybe a sad ending?

I'm also talking about strong writing, a well-crafted solid script and exceptional cinematography. A film that would be on the discussion to enter the all time classic for artistic merit.

The one that has been the closest to this was The Dark Knight, but I think we're still pretty far.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg
youtube.com/watch?v=jqIBGEcKhGs
twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/735696011172012033
youtube.com/watch?v=UVrLCTOTT6o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's coming July 19th

I think you're overthinking it.

We've already got that.

> is it possible we ever get a superhero film that gets to talk about real life tough dealing issues and maybe a sad ending?
Pic related you uneducated pleb.

This and unironically BvS.

>tfw the v stands for vagina

Watchmen is not good.

>There wasn't any super kewl fights and le epic quips so it's so stupid XDXDXD
Watchmen really does require a certain level of intelligence to watch and enjoy.

TDK Trilogy
CA Trilogy
Watchmen
Spider Man 2
Some of the Xmen films

>Some of the Xmen films
Which ones? So far I've seen:
X-Men - 5/10
X2 - 7.5/10
First Class - 7/10
DOFP - 8/10
Apocalypse - 8/10

>Will there ever be a legit good capeshit film?

>Leave Capekino tous
What did he mean by this?

Captain America: Winter Soldier is unironically a good solid cape film.

Watchmen

>unironically
>a good solid cape film.

Top tier capseshit already happened decades ago millenial fucktard.

There are multiple good superhero films (from multiple studios) that you might have even seen but cannot appreciate due to warped ideas of what films are and how they work.

Now that I think about it, why does Caps wear a "helmet" that is literally a vintage leather footbal helmet? That thing isn't going to be protecting jack shit. Inb4 comicfags explain it's made out of some special 2strong4u leather made from rhino shit or something.

Wrong pic

Its made out of special rhino shit leather

it's his brain
>dense as lead

This. Do you people even watch non-shit movies?

Did Ace Ventura make it ?

I think you're right, that the best was The Dark Knight. I would also add possibly Spiderman 2.
Every single other Cape shit movie has been shit. I've honestly vowed to never watch another Marvel movie after how horribly disappointed Captain America Winter Soldier ended up being.

Watchmen was good but not great. The only thing that fucked it all up from being great in everyone's opinion is that sex scene.
>huuurrrr slow mo sex scene lolol it's sooo shit

The Comedian and Rorschach were perfect.

Civil War was great senpai. 9/10 from me.

5/10 had trouble watching it. Before you throw Marvel memes at me, I enjoyed X2 more and really enjoyed FC, DOFP, and the current one as well. That first movie had very little characterization, very little story, and the dialogue was pretty bad at times.

Are you serious? It's horrible all around except for a few action scenes and that's only because they had the money for it.
Everything is so fucking boring and convoluted to the point of ridiculousness.

>random guy Cap is jogging next to TOTALLY WON'T BE IMPORTANT IN THE MOVIE
>tension building with good action
>Cap having a hard time with some random guy despite being a fucking supersoldier and a superhero
>oh no, Nick Furry is dead, this important character died, I hope one of the most well paid actor in Hollywood didn't die in this billion dollar franchise
>conspiracy I wonder what's going on
>lol the nazi scientist from the first movie is alive and is a computer and this organization we barely know about has been infiltrated by nazi
>THE NAZIS WERE BEHIND EVERY SINGLE FUCKING NATION TENTION OVER THE PAST YEARS
>including 9/11
>we're just going to use these weapons to just kill anyone that might be a threat to us and we've conveniently calculated everyone in the country's personality type beforehand
>Cap, you need to insert this chip in this conveniently open spot to save the day (a little punch to win button)
>this black guy whom we know nothing about gets a suit and is told to just go help or whatever and all he did was let us know he was in the army and he jogged with Cap a bit
>hey did you know that cap get's shot pretty badly if he doesn't have his shield? WHO KNEW?
>let's use this face changing technology to make the villain reveal his master plan and that he's a nazi

Everything about this movie boggles my mind. The action was alright but everything else was so fucking bad that I can't take anyone who likes this movie seriously.

>The action was alright
>shaky cam
>also .jpeg

I said alright, not good.

The only thing I liked is when Cap in stuck with a knife going to hit, hits the truck behind him and scrapes to the side.
At 2:40

youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg

I love that shit. Everything else action wise was just meh/alright.

A good example of the action scene just being alright is the elevator scene. Cool in concept and the tention building up to it was good, though Cap getting suspicious and figuring it out right way was kinda meh but the action itself, in the elevator was bad. Shit execution because they can't use knives (??) and have to use stun batons.

youtube.com/watch?v=jqIBGEcKhGs

I've also not seen Civil war because fuck Marvel after Winter Soldier.

& the best part of winter soldier is completely ignored in the future.
Agents of Shield still exists even after it was destroyed.
it is like Feige acknowledged that the movie characters are not even capable of dealing with their own shit.
>Fuck Fury

A worthless movie that ignores its own timeline and continuity.
What a joke.

I'm honestly stuck with the realization that Iron Man 1 (ignoring the ending) and possibly the Avengers is the only good thing about the Marvel movies. Although the first part of the first Captain America movie was alright.

>''it's such a good spy movie''
Fucking critics, I swear.

Don't forget that Loki should've already been taken care of in Thor,but they had to have him in avengers,else Thor wouldn't care about earth.
Even at the end of the movie,Loki still isn't dead,which inevitably leads to Thor 2.

Iron man can't even acknowledge that his tech will be used against him. IM1 & 2,Avengers 1 & 2,he still doesn't learn.
>based man

It already exists

But it is a good spy movie. You are just pleb.

Same kind of thing you see in Moonraker and The Spy who loved me

inb4

They should've just kissed in the end of WS
That would've prevented another unnecessary movie to explain the disaster that was completely avoidable had they been superheroes who are civil & actual soldiers

>from the visionary director of 300
mfw
yeah visionary if you mean he has visions of him being a good director.

>Watchmen
>300
>Unbreakable
>Batman Begins
>The Dark Knight

Other good ones that may or may not meet your criteria
>X2
>X-Men: First Class
>Man of Steel
>Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>Iron Man

the ultimates had legit political and black ops type of stories
for me i cannot reconcile the ultimates and what we have as the mcu

>triggered

Peter, Scott and Clint needed to be introduced more organically. Otherwise I agree.

>guy with a shield beats guy that can take tank shells..... with his shield

>But it is a good spy movie.
Except it fucking isn't you shitlord.

It was an action movie with some elements of spy organization being corrupt and nothing else. With the problem that we know jack shit about shield.

It would be as if a spy movie had the nazi infiltrate the CIA as its big reveal. It's ridiculous.

inb4 MCUcks are fucked anyway

Honestly, the actual king of superhero movies is possibly The Incredibles.

>Syndome is a fanboy living his dream of being a supervillain against his hero who wronged him and casually wants him to turn dark
>he says he's 'outgrown' Mr Incredible after taunting him to kill (implying mature people can kill) which main problem of Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Rises

It'll be reconned by clone or mind control or whatever, and no one cares.

It would be hilarious if Trump wins and Cap remains pro-Hydra, to show that America has gone full nazi. Thought I don't think Marvel would have the balls to do something like that.

>The Dark Knight

Yeah, no. It's mediocre and not even in the best in the trilogy. Begins was actually decent. Spider-Man and its sequel are also better.

>implying mature people can kill
so if you saw ed gein running towards you with a knife and you had a shotgun next to you with nowhere to run, what would you do?

>and no one cares.
twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/735696011172012033

Old Marvel did. When there was a president they didn't like, they'd have Cap march up and call him a faggot to such a caliber that he'd throw down the mantle, refusing to be called Captain "America".

Once he just went on as "The Captain" and the other time as "Nomad"

Move the goalpost?

If you're a superhero you'll find a way out without killing the guy. I really don't get your scenario having to do with killing people implying maturity.

youtube.com/watch?v=UVrLCTOTT6o

In The Incredibles, it argues that being silly and fun is better than being gritty and mature through murder and death. Something that is a problem with modern DC movies.

Are there any modern capeshit I've left out in this list?

>Unbreakable
>300
>Watchmen
>DCEU
>TDK trilogy
>The Hulk
>MCU
>X-Men Franchise
>Spiderman
>Amazing Spiderman
>The Incredibles

The Dark Knight, Spider-man 2, X2, Winter Soldier and Civil War were all legitimately well made. If you want to stretch capeshit to literally adapted from a comic, Road to Perdition and A History of Violence were great too.

>is it possible we ever get a superhero film that gets to talk about real life tough dealing issues and maybe a sad ending?
Why is this a necessary for capeshit to be good? And while it does have an uplifting ending, again, Spider-man 2 has exactly what you're asking for.

>Something that is a problem with modern DC movies.
Although I should mention that The Incredibles focuses also somewhat on being realistic more than also fun. The henchmen are all smart and can kill superheroes if they do something wrong, if you get hit or stuck somewhere bad you can die.

There's nothing like The Incredibles.

i don't get where you get off saying that killing implies no maturity
>if you're a superhero you'll find a way out
really? every single time? all the time? you really don't think this is bullshit?

of course you and me, as adults don't feel threatened by children and can rely on knowledge and experience to deal with children
but another man as strong as you? stronger? how do people act in that regard? and how the fuck are 'superheros' exempt from this?

and that is not the point of the incredibles at all, not at all.

It's not the central point, but it is a main point about Syndrome concerning superheroes. Ignoring the obvious invidualism and objectivism themes and messages.

>really? every single time? all the time? you really don't think this is bullshit?
No? There's a different between killing in self defense if you absolutely have to, not having to because you're a superhero (why would you kill someone if you have superpowers?) and trying to find an alternate solution?

300 was visionary

>Ghost Rider franchise
>Daredevil
>Elektra
>Fantasic Four franchise
>Hellboy franchise
>Jonah Hex
>Green Laturn
>Superman Returns
just off the top of my head so quite a bit actually not even including shows

And one of those are actually good.

Although Ghost Rider is somewhat fun.

>Ghost Rider franchise
>Daredevil
Oh God, do these really count? I mean the rest I can put up with, maybe, but do I really have to sit through these to satisfy my autism?

that's not the point of syndrome's roleplay either

being a superhero is in no way a guarantee of anything other than the obvious superior inert ability. you're saying that in a supposed scenario of superhero that everything somehow changes for that individual, which it doesn't.
if we're going about moral absolutes here, then yeah, sure, keep killing as a last resort.
but law enforcement in real life kill people ie eric garner all the time for no reason at all. shit happens so to say. shit just happens
which leads me to what i think is your underlying thinking, that stories that include exceptional individuals should not have these individuals kill under any circumstances, and if so we judge whatever story here on whether we like it/identify/ability to project ourselves in whatever person. which i think is bullshit on principle

tl;dr
yeah of course it's a last resort but i'm not going to get mad if someone had no other recourse, exceptional individual or not

I can understand the Ghost Rider hate especially being that it was my favorite Sup Forums book series. At least the Sam Elliot parts were cool. I don't understand the hate for Daredevil at all though unless you have a hate boner for Evanescence

No I unironically like Fallen, I just have heard nothing good about it.

No.

People on here have the attitude of, if it's superheroes = shit by definition.

BvS didn't succeed in being a legitimate good film (maybe the full cut will change that), but a lot of the criticism was "it's shit because it's capeshit", which is a shame.

stop hanging out on Sup Forums then. MCD was a way better Kingpen than captain autism on the show. I never understood the hate sure it's corny but it's good fun and a lot better than a lot of MCU movies

Marvel will keep turning out enjoyable movies like clockwork, but I really doubt we will be getting a citizen Kane esque Capeshit.

>300 was visionary
It was visionary in the sense that it looked like it took place on the planet Mars instead of Earth. I'm holding out for Snyder's Battle of the Alamo movie where it takes place in prehistoric times with Mexicans riding velocirapters fighting Texicans wearing armor on rollerskates.

Dark Knight would have been good if the ending made sense.

It fucked over the entire plot. Why exactly did Batman need to take the blame when they could have pinned it on joker?

If they gave a plausible explanation why Batman could have done it (in the eyes of the public) and a reason why it oculdnt have been the joker.

Because the Joker was already in custody? Admittedly, it was badly explained. Batman had to be blamed for the future of Gotham and legacy of Harvey to continue.

>The Comedian and Rorschach were perfect.
I feel like most of the male cast is spot on. Doc Manhattan has always felt just right to me, and I think both Night Owls did very well, particularly the elder.

Ozimandias left something to be desired, he's not really the genuinely caring and tortured dude I always pictured, and I can't say I loved the Silk Spectre acting job(though her mum seemed solid).

>Dark Knight would have been good if the ending made sense.
Not to mention that the beginning is even more asinine than TDK's as infamous as it is

>Why exactly did Batman need to take the blame when they could have pinned it on joker?
might have something to do harvey's death was pinned on him as well.....

>I can't say I loved the Silk Spectre acting job
Her acting felt somewhat robotic and flat when in the comics, she's your typical crying hysterical woman having endless fits from realizing that she's wasted her entire life doing nothing.

But we've had a few; pic related, Watchmen (despite the "muh comic" autism), Spiderman 2,The Dark Knight, Iron Man 3, and even Batman Begins/Iron Man 1/Spiderman 1 are surprisingly good despite being retelling an origin story yet again.
Btw i meant the Sam Raimi Spiderman's, not the blantant "gotta keep the IP" ones.

>is it possible we ever get a superhero film that gets to talk about real life tough dealing issues and maybe a sad ending?

jesus christ no, this would be awful. Hellboy and Raimi's Spiderman are the only good capeshit because they were self-aware about the fact that they are fucking superheros. we don't need another grimdark dork knight series fuck

Super was just meh personally.
There's another movie called God Bless America which is basically the same movie but rather than just do random justice, it's the same guy doing justice at America being shit. It also talks shit about Juno which is double hilarious considering what happens in Super with the girl who played Juno.

And Bond had to deal with Spectre infiltrating the government.

Also Goldeneye revolved around a MI6 double agent.

Your point?

>God Bless America
Granted, never seen it, but from what I've seen it was played straight, whereas Super is 100% silly due to being a realist take on superhero movies, in that you would need to be bipolar to become that kind of vigilante.

>And Bond had to deal with Spectre infiltrating the government.
Shit movie.

>Also Goldeneye revolved around a MI6 double agent.
Him being an antagonist is beside the point.

My point is that it's like if M16 had been infiltrated and M was evil the whole time to kill the Queen the as aristocracy. Stupid as fuck.

And really, you're relying on a bad James Bond movie and a good one as your standard of how to qualify Winter Solder as a spy movie?

The whole becoming a vigilante was already done better in Watchmen and Kickass imo. I always felt that Super was just gritty for the sake of it.
Especially that reverse rape scene.

You should watch God Bless America. It's not better than Super but I find that it pokes jabs at Super and might interest you.

>reverse

What a retard.

Watchmen
Hellboy 2
Blade 2
Xman DOFP
GotG
dark knight tilogoy
Spiderman 1-2
all pretty solid films

Is this irony

Actual rape, whatever. You know what I mean.

The Japanese already made a decent capeshit series with a character who can defeat everyone.
Pic very related.

He literally added in extra fight scenes that werent in the original comic, watchmen is an unintelligent plebfest

Manga's better only because it gets to Garou's arc. The anime is just alright where it ends. It only becomes great at the end of Garou's arc.

>Watchmen
Agreed, though it still doesn't really point out how silly the idea of being a superhero IRL would be, the Nightowl and the chick (spectre something?) fight scene in the alley is still an overly slick, "movie" fight. Super's humor comes a lot from the deconstruction of superhero stuff down to it's lowest point, whereas Watchmen does it to ask interesting questions.
>Kickass
Stuck between Watchmen and Super tone wise, the more i think about it, the more i regard Kickass as Super attempted by anyone except James Gunn, ie it has no balls

>He literally added in extra fight scenes that werent in the original comic
nothing wrong with that

Hmm. I guess by bringing it down completely and removing any fun, it becomes its own thing and nothing else really comes close. Both Watchmen and Kickass have fun with the superhero gig while Super just goes 'no, it's fucking sick and shit'.

Its good point does outweigh its flaws by being its own thing I guess. I guess you're right.

this guy gets it

Yeah, I'd say that's accurate; Watchmen and Kickass do play superhero stuff straight at points, doing the stronger points of the genre (spectacle, etc), while doing some deconstruction.
Super is definitely doing it's own thing, to the point that it pretty much stops being an outright superhero movie and into what i imagine a Sam Raimi revenge thriller would look like.
Super is just refreshing to me, seeing as how even the best capeshit can be boring (even the action often sucks thanks to shaky-cam and most characters being to OP), and actually has genuine feels at the end.

If it wasn't for AoU, the higher you go, the worst the movies get.