ITT: personal 10/10 albums

ITT: personal 10/10 albums

YOU WOULD NOT
B E L I E V E
Y O U R
E Y E S

what would a non-personal 10/10 album be?

I would change nothing about this album. Danny is perfect on every track.

Underrated Gem

BLUNT AFTER BLUNT

I guess the closest we could get to an objective 10/10 would be the longest possible line of critics who are themselves held in high regard/well placed within the music community.

DESU this immediately discludes most contemporary music (anything released in the past hundred years) as it hasn't been granted the distance needed to achieve some pseudo-objective perspective on the work.

Probably Beethoven's 9th?

Maybe the argument could be made for music inspired by supra-objective means i.e. Revelation or other Numinous experience. Hildegard Von Bingen's A Feather on the Breath of God?

Apart from some other weirdly semantic means of judgement you're right, all 10/10's are necessarily subjective. For example, pic related is the perfect EP (in my eyes) so I would give it a 10, whereas I could easily see how someone might enjoy it a lot less.

I couldn't say the same for somethings like the Beethoven symphony, a piece so popular and widely acclaimed it's almost become a tangible ideological object.

Could never get into this album. Sounded too poppy. I see why people would absolutely love the production, but not my thing.

>trying this hard

>that was trying

Oh user...

Even the instrumental tracks are phenomenal.

Pic related and Boxer are both 10/10 for me

I know it's a step away from becoming Sup Forumscore at this point, but fuck it.

I love this one.

>I know it's a step away from becoming Sup Forumscore
it's been Sup Forumscore for like 2 years bub

i could agree it's not their best, but it's my favorite

pic related will always be a perfect album to me. i know others would disagree but whatever.

i listened to that album a lot during jr high. i would probably cringe now if i heard it again. to each their own though.

I agree

upvoted +1

its the best pavement album

deserves a lot more attention imo

Dizzy up the girl will always be 10/10 to me