/noise/: Private Soulseek group edition

New noise thread. Now before you oldfags clog it up with "/noise/ is dead" and "plebs can't even into good noise", I'm making a Soulseek group. It's just called /noise/, post your usernames and I'll add you, preferably those of you with rare noise in your uploads.

In the mean time, just post recs in this thread instead of bitching about pleb tastes. Everybody has to start somewhere.

And if you're a noise pleb, feel free to ask for recs or talk about what you've been listening to.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/zzcmmjwmhzn/MerzboLiveinNYC.zip
youtu.be/X3GrsCkg4k4
straightpanic.bandcamp.com/album/adam-in-eden
youtu.be/0yzAO3tNVlU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mgdzr57_sk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKdKaAjw-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post underrated Merzbow.

>INB4 Merzbow worship pleb
He's still good

Anybody in here prefer his digital stuff?

Does anybody have RRR 500? I'd love to snag it from you.

Where do you go to buy physical noise/how do you find new noise?

I liked Thousands of Dead Gods, what else by The Rita should I check out?

mediafire.com/file/zzcmmjwmhzn/MerzboLiveinNYC.zip

password is wallsofsounds.blogspot.com

its criminally underrated. this is bar none merzbows best live release, id also consider it one of my top 5 favorite releases from him, and also features some of Alec Empires best work. very interesting concept and the comment section of discogs has a very interesting read from someone who met merzbow after this show.

most of his digital stuff isnt necessarily shit, but extremely repetitive.

I feel the same about his digital stuff. Couldn't really get into Dharma. Thanks for the share!

Posting the essentials chart for newfags.

Does anybody on Sup Forums have this, digitally or physically? I wish I could hear it.

This, I'd kill for a copy

youtu.be/X3GrsCkg4k4

>it's like daft punk

Honestly though, that would make a great video

Discogs is usually where I buy noise stuff.

some noise recs for a Power Electronics novice fan?

also add me to the group, my Soulseek username is Pescarui

Enable private room add
Are you the one with 13,120 files?

Also, the essentials chart here has a bunch of good stuff
And the famous noise albums like Pulse Demon are generally pretty good, how much noise do you already know?

Is this the closest noise is going to get to mainstream acceptance?

Not if Gyna Bootleg has anything to say about it
I hate it when people use noise as a gimmick to bring attention to their shitty performance art

Is the Adult Swim album worth downloading?

What does /noise/ think of clipping? Midcity in particular.

I like them, but I've never really associated them with noise. They're pop with experimental elements.

That "collab" with Sun Ra he released recently is really cool. I bought the LP blind and it was totally worth it.

Yeah, that one surprised me. I didn't expect to like it.

They definitely are, but they incorporate noise elements heavily throughout their albums, midcity mostly though. The intro track, which is my fav, is literally just noise and Daveed doing verses in the silences in between.

Yeah I mean like I said I still like them. I do appreciate when they branch into noise, I think noise and traditional music really bring out good things in each other when they mix.

Noisefags, can you explain to me how noise music is music? not trolling or trying to be rude, but i don't get it. There's no rhythm or no beat, hell there's barely any notes. I get that it's more production based, and i'm not saying you can't enjoy it, but i just don't see how it can be seen as music.

There's something to be said for buzzwords like textures, because they genuinely contribute.
But also, there are small elements of noise in a huge swathe of music, so it makes sense that you can push those elements to the extreme without breaking out of music entirely. Plus, lots of noise actually does have rhythm and for lack of melody, at least shifting tones. If anything, it has more in common with ambient music than more traditional styles, and if you listen for long enough, the dynamics really emerge.

Straight Panic is pretty good, very left politically if that's an issue.
straightpanic.bandcamp.com/album/adam-in-eden

Anybody like Posh Isolation?

Hander Som Vardar?

what do you people possibly see in this music? genuinely curious

See Personally, it varies wildly. Sometimes the sensory overload is good for zoning out, sometimes it taps into my mundane frustrations and aggressions. Live noise with human elements like Masonna and Sissy Spacek are good for emotional release.

If you're looking to get into it, listen to the essentials above and I can add you to the Soulseek room.

I youtubed some merzbow and honestly guys it just hurts my ears and I feel like my speakers are going to blow. Do you really like this ? I mean if you do good for you I'm not judging I just feel very confused

Try Door Open At 8AM and 1930. Two of Merzbow's softer albums, the former is a lot of jazz percussion under a bit of noise and the latter is just less cluttered and staticky than a lot of his catalogue. Pulse Demon's the famous one though. No surprise that the genre took me a while to get into.

It's softer than pulse demon for sure but I'm having the same problem it just gives me a headache. man I dont know what to say. well I tried it.

That's fine, it's not for everybody. If you're ever in the mood for another try, Grandeur of Hair by The Goslings is the go-to "noise" album for the non noise fan. It's more like harsh shoegaze.

every
fucking
thread

i'm a newbie to noise. add me to group plz?
I like noise with vocals a lot like White Suns, Wolf Eyes and Oscillating Innards.

youtu.be/0yzAO3tNVlU

newbie from above. forgot to add my username bc of stupidity. its panton47

how do I do that? Im pretty new to Soulseek.
(also not sure how to know how many files I have)

I heard some Merzbow stuff, but it was pretty long ago, I think I kinda liked it but I like stuff like Genocide Organ more.

thank you

I'd love to add you, but I need your username. Make sure you have invites enabled.

Just go to the rooms tab, click the global list, then up at the top, click accept private invitations or whatever it says.

It's saying you don't have private add enabled, see

i cant figure out how to do this for some reason?

Go to the Rooms tab and click the list of room names. At the very top of the window, there should be an "accept private room invitations" button.

ok i did it, thank you

You're in.

to what extent to you guys think -songs- are important in noise music?
obviously noise music doesnt really have singles, and there doesnt usually seem to be much focus on individual songs instead of the album as a whole.

what do the long time noise fans think? do you guys have favorite noise songs?
im new to noise so i dont really know anything

I don't really have favorite songs, even when albums are divided into tracks it tends to blur together, I do have some favorite moments on albums I listen to a lot. Tauromachine by Merzbow is a personal favorite of mine, the opening to the song Cannibalism of Machine always gets me hyped.

Anybody know of any old noise music? I don't mean like '80s Merzbow, I mean more like really early noise experimentation.

>post your usernames and I'll add you
add glasyalabolas please

You don't have private invites enabled, see

ah there we go, didn't see that button. it's enabled now.

Great, welcome

Ive been to 89 live noise shows

Grab any rare CDs and such? I'm always up for recs I wouldn't find otherwise.

Not really rare. Its all local and out of town acts selling their tapes, cds, etc. Honestly, these people will give your their stuff for a beer. They really dont be come popular until getting some internet notoriety

I guess that's kinda what I meant, local scenes are hard to get material from.

I moved not too long ago, heres a bag of noise from the move. I could transfer tape maybe if the soulseek group lasts

That'd be pretty cool, user
I can add you if you give me your username

Ive never use soulseek before, after downloading the program do you just make a user name in options?

Yup.

shinercock

ill rip some cds and try to transfer some tapes to digital tomorrow and upload

Thanks, user.
But you've got the same problem as the others, private invites aren't enabled.

I have to mess with it some more i guess. I found the group, i guess thats what matters.

Oh well there you go then, welcome

Most of those artists are completely irrelevant in 2017

hey add me too
ecoterror

You're in.

Disregard this absolutely retarded chart
>M.B
>harsh noise
Holy fucking shit dude
Here's some proper noise: m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mgdzr57_sk

I didn't make the chart, man, it's just the Sup Forums essentials. It has a lot of entry level classics.

Well whoever made it is an r-tard tbmfhaf

>It has a lot of entry level classics.
>literally has 0 Whitehouse

shit music mate

what do you find appealing in this?

Its the most hardcore music in the world

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKdKaAjw-o

Fuck yeah, I love that album.

is it really music, though? it seems to me a bit like calling ASMR music

Music or not, I enjoy listening to it

>posts Genocide Organ
>won't say "retard"
Is there something wrong with you?
Are you ok?

Anyone have a download link for this?

I'm not deep into noise but this mixtape is fire

So what are the latest developments in this realm of music? The last big developments I can remember are the 90s post-Merzbow group of artists like Masonna and the entire Death Industrial subgenre

shut up shut up shut up