Transformers: The Last Knight Casts Anthony Hopkins

How the fuck did Bay pull this off?

comingsoon.net/movies/news/692339-sir-anthony-hopkins-transformers

$$$

Bay doesn't handle casting males, bro.

>he thinks Hopkins still has standards

Seems like most formerly cool or respectable actors are resorting to capeshit these days.

The hacks who run the business really do trash everything they can, merchants have no shame.

Clearly Hopkins recently watched 13 Hours and was moved, brother

Actors could justsay no y'know, besides if he's playing a Transformer it requires very little work for a lot of pay, he's got grandkids to spoil, mac.

JUST

Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, Bad Boyz, The Rock, Pain and Gain etc...
Do you think someone else did the casting for these movies?

sure, but Hollywood could be making lots on other types of movies... they used to even a decade ago... it's just like the merchants they are they have to expand EXPAND to more markets and get that Chinese market etc. with insufferable nerd shit for the world's peasants

>Do you think someone else did the casting for these movies?

Yes? Have you never heard of a casting director?

Hopkins's most recent thing was a Hannibal Lecter rip-off where he played an old, psychic version of Will Graham.

For an actor, it isn't fun to be chained to a franchise.

>mfw I'd rather Hopkins stoop to a Kia commercial than do a Transformers movie.
Goodbye cruel world.

It'll be a waste if he's not playing Vector Prime, Nova Prime or Unicron.

I'm almost ready for Hollywood to just die at this point, but it would be the loss of an irreplaceable immersive experience that is still sometimes worth it

>>mfw I'd rather Hopkins stoop to a Kia commercial than do a Transformers movie.

Hey, now he can do both!

Another fucking transformers movie?
Well just stick an allspark up my ass fâm.

Finally Hopkins will get star in some actual kino again.

He's in the Laurence Olivier stage of his career where he'll take any crap as long it pays good.

>Hates the TF movies
>Uses a phrase popularised by them
And don't give me that Beast Machines bull.

Fun Fact: It was written as a possible Seven sequel and shelved for years.

>Welles played Unicron immediately before he died

don't do it hopkins it's a trick

>tfw I bought the G1 boxset and Cybertron games last year even though I'm in my late 20s

Fuck, I'm turning into one of those types. I've got a kid, so I can at least give them to him when he's older.

Oh yeah, fair point... Fine, just a herald of Unicron then or one of the aforementioned primes. Man if they making him a fucking Quinteson or a bloody generic human bad guy...

Would you rather he hate a movie he hasn't seen? Maybe that's WHY he doesn't particularly like them and thinks there should be less, not more.

If Sup Forums's good at one thing, it's slf-punishment.

Fair point.

Still, I was kinda exhausted nby the hatred for the TF films years before the 1st came out. The TF fan community were in such a fucking uproar over every silly thing.

By now the bitching just seems pointless.

This.

Amongst the few gems of his career lay a myriad of tripe. Just look at OP's chosen picture.

Actors and actresses are whores.

>has a perfectly good story platform
>turns it into some Scorpion King meets Ancient Aliens meets Scooby Doo bullshit with quips
Why can energon cubes just suffice?

Every good actor reaches a point in their career where they stop being picky about roles

Dude, the Transformers have literally ALWAYS been Ancient Aliens.

Hopkins knows hes dying and wants to make a "fun" movie for his grandkids.

It's like when John Lithgow was doing those Campbell's soup commercials.

Based Julia.

I never cared for him, but at least he's quirky enough to pull off cheap roles.
Hopkins is Shakespeare tier tho...
sadness

And played Thor's Daddy in capeshit.

This is hardly different.

Nah, a casting director picks background people who's faces are seem on screen. They also have a good understanding of what a script calls for, but a director is the one who picks the major players.