Listen to electronic music artists like bonobo or tycho and enjoy it greatly

>listen to electronic music artists like bonobo or tycho and enjoy it greatly
>go to comments
>everyone is using it as background noise for doing drugs or as study music

bonobo more like bonerbo

Read about what brian eno says about about ambient music and youll realise that this is not a bad thing

I personally use ambient as a background music for jerking off

Whatever, at least they're listening to it and getting an enjoyment factor out of it.

i don't think they can be classified as ambient music

it's disrespectful to the artist.

I the best use of ambient music is as a background while you listen to proper music.

>it's disrespectful to the artist.

And?

that's all tycho and bonobo are good for user. some of the most boring electronic out there

well, maybe to comment and dismiss it as purely background music, but not inherently if they are indeed listening to it.

i can go to a concert and think they suck but not tell anyone. same principle. band still profits

This guy knows whats up

Slight addendum:

The best use of ambient music is intermission music while you try to figure out what to play next.

hello edgelord

>it's disrespectful to the artist.

According to who?

Not him but how in the fuck is that edgy? It's a pretty common and reasonable opinion.

listen to more electronic music bud. this is coming from someone that enjoys and has seen tycho and bonobo live

probably because trash like bonobo and tycho is glorified stock mall elevator music

If you ever talk shit about bonobo again youll fucking regret it

how the fuck is claming two of the most accessible and listenable artists of their respective genres are boring?

>not him

lol

who says i don't? i just named two of the most prominent examples of what i'm describing

>caring about how people enjoy music

me. that obviously wasn't the purpose of their music. which serious musician makes music for people to do drugs/study to?

imagine how shitty you'd feel if you realised that's how people perceive your work

they don't enjoy it because music is secondary to whatever they're doing at the moment

hence the term "background noise"

Can you type that again? Your english is so mangled I can't even understand what you are trying to say.

>not him

pic related

i don't know any stock mall elevator music that sounds like that

That doesn't make any sense. If they didn't enjoy it then they wouldn't fucking listen to it.

> that obviously wasn't the purpose of their music

How extremely narcissistic to claim what the artist knows is the purpose of their music.

>which serious musician makes music for people to do drugs/study to?

Generally drug users or academics, and most artists, who are happy other people can benefit from their music no matter what they're doing.

>imagine how shitty you'd feel if you realised that's how people perceive your work

Oh no, people are listening to me ON DRUUUUUUUGS. These DRUG USERS don't consider me a "SERIOUS ARTIST". What will I do........

Unless you understand music theory you're using it as "background" music.

I put on music while doing something else all the time, typically tho im more focused on the music.

I think that's perfectly fine and respectful. A lot of great music is supposed to be played live, and I'd argue that almost the majority is. Artists don't make music with the expectation that the listener is doing literally nothing, and even if they did it wouldn't matter.

>"Ambient music must be able to accommodate many levels of listening attention without enforcing one in particular; it must be as ignorable as it is interesting."
-Brian Eno

Thats what im talkin about baby!

>forget one single letter
>dude i cant understand you

exposed for shitposter that doesn't even believe his "argument"

I didn't even notice you forgot that letter until you just pointed it out. Go back and read your sentence again. It makes no sense.

>how the fuck is claming two of the most accessible and listenable artists of their respective genres are boring?

If anyone that isn't you can translate this for me I would be shocked.

>contrarians: the thread

you know he's right.

I didn't even notice you forgot that letter until you just pointed it out. Go back and read your sentence again. It makes no sense.

>how the fuck is claming two of the most accessible and listenable artists of their respective genres are boring?

If anyone that isn't you can translate this for me I would be shocked. You're probably just bitter that you got BTFO'd after I proved I wasn't a samefag.

tycho and bonobo aren't ambient music.

prove me wrong desu

how can you enjoy something you aren't even focused on one bit and you're only playing it so there's no silence and because it's mellow?

You asked what serious musician would make music for do x to.
I showed you a serious musician who pioneered a genre with the idea that it should suit a variety of situations.

You can continue to pretend that you think you know exactly what situation Tycho and Bonobo want people to listen to their music in but you'd be making yourself look like a total clam.

>How extremely narcissistic to claim what the artist knows is the purpose of their music.

how is it narcissistic? are you even familiar with the terminology you're using?

>Generally drug users or academics, and most artists, who are happy other people can benefit from their music no matter what they're doing.

...what?
you're completely incoherent

>Oh no, people are listening to me ON DRUUUUUUUGS.

nice strawman. i think i made it pretty clear the issue here is using something as background noise while you do drugs, or anything else really.
i just used the drugs example because it's all people talk about in the comment section of their music.

DUDE YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS ON SHRRRRROOOMSS.

THIS REMINDS ME OF WHEN I DID LSD WITH MY BRROOSS SO DOPE

is this REALLY something you'd want your work to be associated with?

He forgot to add "not edgy?" to the end.

FC Kahuna dude

>If anyone that isn't you can translate this for me I would be shocked

talk about overreacting. go to bed edgy shitposting contrarian child

I have no idea why you're flipping out at me, I was just making your poor sentence easier to understand.
When I'm stressed out I like to smoke a small bowl and listen to Tycho's Dive, maybe that'll help you my friend?

>aren't even focused on one bit
Passive listening isn't the same as ignoring. You don't need to have your full attention on music in order to enjoy it. Even then, it's not like Tycho or Bonobo's music are so dense and detailed that you need to have your full attention on it.

Like I said, if they didn't enjoy it, then they wouldn't even bother listening to it as "background music" in the first place.

I like the album, but this is pretty fucking funny

OP BTFO

so because they never explicitly claimed "hey druggie shits, the purpose of our work is not to solely create background noise for you" means you can't claim that isn't the "purpose" they've envisioned before making it?

i was quoting you so i don't need to write it myself

>how is it narcissistic?

Clearly the thought you had is exactly what the artist thought, no narcissism there, no way.

>you're completely incoherent

Of course an artist would ALWAYS be upset someone was using DRUGS with their ART, there's no way a musician would recognize their expression of enjoyment they'd realize on drugs, NOOOOOooooo.

> i think i made it pretty clear

The only thing you've made clear is your transparent stereotype of every drug culture and your immensely overestimated assumption on every commentator.

Funny you'd use strawman, because that's entirely the basis of your argument.

>is this REALLY something you'd want your work to be associated with?

Were I in Tycho's situation, I'd be happy somebody had a good experience with acid with my music.

Given my own experience, I have no real extremely positive encounters with Tycho's music on drugs, just incredibly mediocre ones, so it would be completely an improvement.

Here's my simulation of Tycho and Bonobo, reading your posts:

"Dude just chill out and listen to it, who literally gives a fuck about youtube comments, are you a thirteen year old girl or something?"

I'm saying you have literally no idea and your opinion of optimal listening conditions is no more valid than anyone else's.

Link?

>how is that narcissistic

On the first point, he may have used the wrong word but nonetheless you're not the artist and you don't decide whether a certain group is allowed to enjoy the music.
On his second point he was literally listing out people who make that type of music, if that's incoherent then you might be retarded.
I'm just going to ignore your third point

Ultimately if you have ever trJed to make music you would understand that any fan is a fan. If that particular fanbase is a bunch of druggies who cares. It's not like Tycho is composing pieces that rival Beethoven. And I have yet to see Tycho say "fuck drugs I don't want druggies at my show".

how is that narcissistic? learn the meaning and the applicability of terms before you use them.

like i said, they never explicitly stated anything along those lines, which still doesn't invalidate my claim whatsoever. they clearly take themselves more seriously, as do their peers than just elevator music and druggie background music.

>Of course an artist would ALWAYS be upset someone was using DRUGS with their ART,

using drugs is not the problem, the implied manner of listening in which the music is secondary, if not less to doing drugs is.

>Given my own experience

oooooooooooh i see. found yourself in my criticism haven't you?

kys pleb druggie shit ;^)

>People flipping their shit about how other people listen to music.
>This is 2017.

if the music is secondary to whatever you're doing, you aren't listening to it right.

and nowhere have i stated that tycho's and bonobo's respective work are complex pieces that rival classical music composers.

funny that you mention bethoveen implying those are the sort of artists you should actively listen to when almost every teenager uses that as study music or background noise when they clean the house or something.

Autists gonna autist

>if the music is secondary to whatever you're doing, you aren't listening to it right.

I'll trust Brian Eno and a slew of other people who actually make music over you, thanks.

You know that a lot of people use weed and psychedelics to enhance their experience with music right?

brian eno is talking about a specific album he made for that exact purpose. background music.