Good Italian movies (in Italian language)?

Italian anons,

Can you recommend some "good" italian movies? I watched lately on TV a first episode of "Nero Wolfe", some 2012 tv series. Pretty interesting stuff.

I also view this one in a very high regard altadefinizione.club/amore-a-prima-vista/ , he is one of my favorite actors, maybe I'm watch some of his other comedy movies (which I've seen long time ago but don't remember)

Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/66397792
youtube.com/watch?v=Zen_zRmbKaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Baddala Boopy.

la vita e' bella

FUCK YOU FOR MAKING ME LAUGH

Hey, amici's. Tutti fruiti? My uncle's son always liked Bicycle Thieves

If you want to whatch some tv shows there is both gomorra la serie and romanzo criminale

L'amico del cuore is one of salemme classic

Off the top of my head:

a good film of this year is Veloce come il vento

if you're into comedies you may like some of Checco Zalone's movies

Since you liked Nero Wolfe, there is Montalbano.

Il Conformista
La Grande Bellezza

La sconosciuta.

Lo chiamavano Jeeg Robot has been the success of the year, have you heard of it?

Nessuno si Salva da Solo
:^)

il gattopardo

La Dolce Vita
8 1/2
Amarcord

Il capo dei capi. It's the best show ever produced in Italy.

Mario Bava and Dario Argento are easy to watch, influential and cool. Start with them.

Italian mass media is 99.9% terrible, far worse than most "cultured" countries. The only stuff worth looking at has been meme'd to death and back by stuffy critics and pompous analysts so you may as well not bother.

Tldr don't.

>mass media
is there such thing as good mass media?

>Vincenzo Salemme

Oh god why dude.

BTW L'ora di religione, Il mestiere delle armi, l'Arcano incantatore, I pugni in tasca, La casa dalle finestre che ridono are all good yet not known movies, I'm just telling you the dvds in front of me

Yeah, occasionally. The BBC has had an amazing good streak doing nature docs and the like, for example. There's nothing even in the same galaxy as that on Italian tv. It's strange that the people put up with how lowbrow their tv is when they're often quite well mannered and cultured in person.

I'd be more interested to hear about Italian movies after the 1970's. Does anyone have a solid list for that?

Cinema Paradiso?

You fucking disgusting philistines

Good Italian horror movie, there are a lot of language versions of it (English, Italian, Spanish, etc.)

L'uomo delle stelle is pretty good. A fair bit of tit on show too.

Natale in India
the true italian kino

Il Commissario Marone

8½ (1963)
L'Avventura (1960)
Bicycle Thieves (1948)

Lel

Why not this then

vimeo.com/66397792

Montalbano's great, but brace yourself for the heavy Sicilian accents and the convoluted plots.

While we're still on topic about "terroni", though, avoid Checco Zalone. He's one of the most bizarre Italian phenomenons of the past decades; his movies are all lukewarm at best, the humor's as "it's an Italian thing, you wouldn't understand" as it gets, yet almost every movie the man has made in the past five years has been a disproportionately huge success. We're talking about a guy that made more money than Star Wars: TFA despite sharing the same opening week. To be frank, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing turned out to be a colossal money laundering scheme.

Overall, stick with Cinecittà-era movies and the overall quality improves drastically. Anything after that tends gets a lot murkier and less ambitious.

Amici Miei

this

>La Dolce Vita

One of my favourites. Did you know that the word paparazzi originated from this film.

Umberto D
Accattone

>BBC
That's the main thing that came to my mind when writing my other post. Their standards are really solid.

In Australia our not-too mainstream free-tv channels are all right. SBS was the first network outside of Japan to air Neon Genesis Evangelion from start to finish, I'm pretty proud of SBS for that. They also consistently show great movies from all around the world all the time and have a lot of the best original programs. Danger 5 was amazing stuff.

I thought of mentioning Fulci with but he's probably not quite at their level. He's certainly got a lot of great and unique stuff going for his work among horror directors, but at the same time he blatantly ripped off Argento at a couple of points and never really distinguished himself outside of exploitation.

His zombie movies are pretty damn great though, I'd say that next to Romero he's the best in the business. His ones with Catriona MacColl in them are GOAT.

>not watching pure ndranghretakino

Literally better than The Godfather II

>anime
fuck off weeb, this is an art board

finally something about ndranghetta instead of all the camorra trash that get shilled cause of that bald faggot saviano

Check out Moretti, Bellocchio, Garrone, Sorrentino, Caligari, Virzì, for starters.

Yeah the beeb is decent, though they're going to get fucked over if they keep getting more left wing and damaging their own programming to please nonexistent demographics. That said I've lived in Italy for well over a decade and not a single Italian show has stuck out for me enough to follow properly. Montalbano and Gomorrah etc are ok but no better than a 7/10 English language show.

Posting the best movie ever made in italy.

albero degli zoccoli is the best italian movie

Salo

Most beautiful film I ever saw. I cry errytime.

Not Italian but

>Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion
>Hands Over the City
>L'Avventura/L'Eclisse/La Notte
>Il Conformista

are all outstanding

This one

Literally a poor man's Once Upon a Time in America.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zen_zRmbKaM

lel

>è lui o non è lui?

Leave capekino to me

Honestly Jeeg was nothing special.
I knew everything that was going to happen once I figured out the plot was literally lifted from The Mask.
Good acting tho

gomorra the series

(you'll need subs)

best thing produced in this banana republic in the last years

Wasn't it made by the same people of Suburra?
That was one of the worst movies I ever watched.

saviano pls
get shot already

Yeah, it was made by Sollima.
Who'll direct Sicario 2
lel

Garrone's Gomorra is kino.

Gomorra the series is 8/10

Gomorra the movie 5/10

(Tu)

"Non essere cattivo" new good movie.

Avoid Checco zalone's movies,only for brainless terroni .

>

Non essere cattivo was great.
Fucking assholes didn't give it any prize even after Caligari's death.

anything with based Rocco

If you like salemme you should know he does some theatrical plays as well, for other italian comedies you could check tre uomini e una gamba, chiedimi se sono felice and così è la vita from aldo giovanni and giacomo.
There is also the escape trilogy from Salvatores, Marrakech Express,On Tour and Mediterraneo. As some other user said gomorra la serie is not bad but romanzo criminale la serie is better,

that includes his wine

Divorce Italian Style ( Divorzio all'italiana)

Il Divo.

CERRRRTO CHE È LUI

Quo Vado?
Rosso come il cielo
Io non ho paura
Mio fratello é figlio unico
Il capitale umano
La grande Bellezza
Il divo
Il caimano
Nuovo mondo
Terraferma

TV shows:
L'ispettore Coliandro is comfy as fuck. Brings back memories of my semester abroad in Bologna.

I am poor.

copkino coming through

I saw a pretty good movie about 2 brothers who go to a small town to work for a "famous" singer. One of the brothers fell in love with a chink, the other one is a badass.

8/10 movie but I don't remember how it was called, saw it like 2 years ago so it has to be a 2013-2014 movie

LEAVE HISTORY-KINO TO ME

LEAVE SILENCE-KINO TO ME

Is that Michelangelo Antonionionionioni?

yes