"..come on!"

>"..come on!"
My sentiments exactly.

How would you have ended this movie after the tense thriller that was actually not too shabby up until this point?

It would have been fine if it just ended with her looking up at the alien ship.
That's it.

The whole action sequence was retarded and totally unnecessary.

Todays audiences have to be coddled.

No that would have been terrible and predictable.

I was hoping the lady who """"Died""""" in front of her was helping john goodman convince people in the bunker that there was a poison so he could live out sick fantasies

>predictable
Not really.
What's predictable is that since John Goodman turned out to be fucking crazy, then the rest of what he's been saying is just craziness too.

Goodman being both right and crazy is the least predictable ending.

I would have removed the women trying to get in altogether and made it so that You see Goodman waiving the outer door key from behind the glass. The ending would be her escaping then a brief moment of her looking as in OP pic. She says "..oh come on!" cut to black an credits. Leave it to the audiences imagination from there on.

>woman
>end credits
I'm tired.

Turn the story around in a way that in the end there really weren't any aliens involved, like . She sees that the woman who supposedly died is alive and understands etc.

Or just leave it open. She notices the cut in her suit, takes off the mask, breathes in deeply and the movie ends. Who cares about the alien shit.

The movie obviously ended once she escaped, they added on that alien shit at the end to tie it into the cloverfield universe. Without that tie in, the movie would never have been made.

>they added on that alien shit at the end to tie it into the cloverfield universe.
Did they though?
The aliens and the monster seem totally unrelated

>How would you have ended this movie after the tense thriller that was actually not too shabby up until this point?

Keep Goodman around He should be involved in the climax of the film instead of some shitty ID4 rip off.

Aliens / Monsters are fine. Just don't make a shitty syfy action sequence, have them as the backdrop, not a major player. The movie was working great as a suspenseful character piece, there's no need to change genres in the last 20minutes. If you're going to pull that off you need a much stronger script.

Keep it about the characters, show how Goodman reacts to being right.

Read up about it online. They originally made the movie about just the thriller in the bunker, but no distributor was interested. JJ came in and fit in the alien shit to make it related to cloverfield, which is already a big draw, so it then got picked up.

>marketing

That is so predictable its the most canned """ambiguous""" ending in film. In other words fucking horrible. The ending we got was bad but at least it wasn't that.

Hell Goodman's family could have all been in on it daughter included. I just expected MEW to get attacked at the end by the woman or someone.

You have 4 possible endings.
>He is crazy and there is no apocalypse
>he isn't crazy and there is no apocalypse
>He isn't crazy and there is an apocalypse
>He is crazy and there is an apocalypse
The first one is boring because it's what is expected from the start
The second is impossible because in order to lock everyone in a bunker, he'd need either to be crazy or justified.
The third one is better than the first option because it upsets our expectations that it's all just in his head. He's not wrong, he's just an asshole.
The fourth one is the least expected and I think is the more interesting.

The movie chose right. It just did the ending shittily

That would have been fucking epic! Goodman opes the door. See's the aliens. Screams at her "I told you! I told you and you didn't believe me!" He closes the door. She runs towards the door with the aliens approaching her fast. She pounds on the door to let her in. She screams for mercy. He just stares at her in a pitiful way. You hear the thrum of the aliens louder and louder and louder. Cut to silent end credits.

No cause you'd have to rewrite a lot of stuff because Goodman is actually crazy, there could have been a fight where he chases her out into the open since the bunker is gonna burn. He gets killed by aliens or he realizes the air actually isn't poisonous and has a breakdown then aliens come and they team up for a short minute before she tries to escape again.

That'd have been fine.

But I also like that she destroyed the bunker, thus making her truly and irreversibly fucked.

If the film had ended with her noticing the UFO it would have been great. Not only was Goodman right, but his crazy talk about aliens that the two other characters mocked was correct as well. The action sequence was just jarring and unnecessary.

Guess so. But yeah Goodman getting to fight the aliens would have been more fun. Then you see her crying and it cuts there. Something that takes you away from that 'stronk independent woman' bullshit that is popular right now.

I told you guys the alien from first one is walking around outside her window at the beginning. It's a lot more obvious when you see it moving but I don't know how to make webms or gifs. Happens in the first 2 minutes.

She seemed remarkably calm for a giant sea creature to be bouncing around outside.

Also, she isn't in NYC

This sounds good.

Just watched that, it's obviously a car. Are you blind?