Stop using Facebook

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dEFvI-Tmezo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=dEFvI-Tmezo
>i'm tired of facebook

way ahead of you steve-o

Absolutely fucking garbage.
He's the original nu-male, years ahead of his time.

He was the first test run nu-male, i'm telling you.

Facebook is for old people now. Us cool kids only use snapchat and instagram

quick send this to steven we need him to punch in "i'm tired of snapchat"

what are YOU gonna do about it, dork

nice buzzwords

I only use Sup Forums.

Buzzwords or not, it's fucking true.

Kys

Man outside of occasionally listning some of the 90s porcupine tree stuff I've completely lost interest in what he's doing lately.

Nah mate, how about you get some taste instead, faggot?

His solo albums are all great

>get some taste instead
Kek says the fag who doesn't like the most relevant prog musician in last years

I really would have preferred him doing experimental stuff like he started w/ Insurgentes. GfD was p. decent. The uninspiring 70s prog worship w/ the Raven was the beginning of the end for me dude. Hand. Cannot. Erase. was cheesy. At this point idt I'd even care if PT got back together.

He's not relevant at all.
He's only relevant to nu-male foo fighters fans.

I doubt that the audiences of Foo Fighters and Steven Wilson overlap.

>nu-male foo fighters fans
What the fuck are you saying idiot

Why is Sup Forums stil so triggered by Steven Wilson?
It seems everyone either loves him or hates him.

>been on Sup Forums maybe once or twice
>been on *chan since 2008
>see ProgFox on Facebook post a picture of people slating the Astonishing game on here
>give Sup Forums a look
>first thread I see

It seems that some of the stuff he's made recently hasn't been as good as the Porcupine Tree era and more of a "You are all sheep!" attitude.
That's not saying that 'Fear of a Blank Planet' wasn't focused on this theme, but it seems that it's all he sings about now.

His last album was about a girl who isolated herself

I'm saying he's wank, you moronic cunt.

Which was a comment on how society has evolved into a place where all we care about is ourselves and how others think about us. Aka. facebook, instagram etc.. are tools that are supposed to make us more social but in reality isolates the individual.

But hey, that's just my opinion..

was it?
my poo in the toilet was a comment on how much i hate you and your ilk who believe something is deep brooooo when in fact, it's a basic allegory and is actually sophomoric and too easy

you're a fucking retard

>"He's only relevant to nu-male foo fighters fans"
> Im not saying hes only relevant to nu-male foo fighters fans. Just that hes a wank

No, read it again.
He's only relevant to nu-male foo fighters fans and he's wank but nice reading comprehension, bro!

>I'm saying he's wank, you moronic cunt.
Not even the guy you're expecting a reply from, but that's such a great argument. You sure showed us all why Steven Wilson isn't worth listening to.

Well, I don't really give a shit about what is deep or not, just what the message is. And you'd be pretty stupid if you can't see that the message is: our metropolic society can lead to isolation that can lead to loss of human lives.

What the fuck does that have to do with being deep or not?

What's wrong with you?

He's popular to hate and there has been a large influx of impressionable 12 year olds who are incapable of forming their own opinions and desperately want to fit it.

You can argue that his lyrics aren't on the level of Bob Dylan's and that doesn't make him not worth listening to. It's not like he's singing about booties, bitches and underwear.

I don't care for your argument semantics that you learned from some infographic, you fucking cunt.
I could probably make a good argument as to why he's shit, but this is Sup Forums and, what would be the point? You'd realise you just got btfo and then you wouldn't reply, which means I just wasted time.

Anyway, he is fucking wank, make no mistake.
"I'm tired of Facebook"? Genius line Steve! Poetic masterpiece eh?

>you'd be pretty stupid if you cant see the message
You don't realise how stupid you are, do you?
WOW SO DEEP BRO TELL ME AGAIN ABOUT HOW WERE ALL LIKE ISOLATED MAN, AND ON FACEBOOK MAN AND EVERYONE ONLY CARES ABOUT THEMSVLES MAN!

You're a fucking moron. You're IQ fucking has to be below 100.

Nah, he's just shit. I wasn't even aware it was popular to hate him, to be honest.
>Incapable of forming own opinions
>likes a musician that has lyrics that are literally "I'm tired of facebook"
lmao

>least wanky modern prog artist is wank
K then

Jesus are you autistic
Stop being so butthurt over people liking different things

>autistic
>butthurt
>people liking different things
Nice buzzwords, you moron.
You really can't handle opinions that differ from your own can you?
Fuck off

>He's just shit
>That's the only argument I need
I don't even know what to say. Reply to this:

>nice zuyywords
How ironic considerting your old posts are just that

>You really can't handle opinions that differ from your own can you?
neither can you

Stop being a hypocrite idiot

Again, it has nothing to do with being deep.. I mean, what do you then think he sings about? I'm actually curious. This has nothing to do with opinions, only what the lyrics says.

I completely agree. But that's an opinion though, nothing to do with the message. The message could be formulated by a 3 year old boy or Bob Dylan but it would still be the same, no?

If there's not a level where the princess looks through the castle to find her music player I'm gonna be so pissed.

This

Don't say anything, it's better for everyone that way

Oh, shut up. Show me where I used buzzwords?
You're a faggot who can't handle the fact that he's been btfo repeatedly. Not only that, you have bad fucking taste too.

>"I'm tired of Sup Forums"
That should be your next lyric, eh lad?

He sings about basic shit that everyone knows about anyway, but it's so redundant that they don't bother to comment on it.
Fucking detritus. His lyrics read like a 13 year old girls diary.

>The message
What fucking message?! You're acting like he pioneered this "message", and formulated it himself, as if it wasn't already popular opinion. If he said this shit about facebook in 2007, at least he'd be ahead of the curve-ish.
The guy is a fucking pleb, and so are you.

Holy fuck you are stupid
Why are you still so butthurt that people like an artist you don't?
And even then you still dodn't use any real arguments, you just hate him as a person and project hate into his music

But we agree then! I don't think he pioneered anything at all or that's it's something special..
I actually argued earlier that it was the reason I didn't enjoy his music anymore because it was basically all he wrote about now.

Wow, people bitch about Steven Wilson's fans being autistic but his haters are even more pathetric.

Could you be so kind as to enlighten us all with your superior take on music? Oh, and by the way, could you also present an argument that's not - shut up, he's shit, etc.
>Don't say anything, it's better for everyone that way

Listen to more prog

Fan boys can't handle someone not liking their favourite wanker.
He's void of talent and his music is unpolished shit that appeals to retarded "so deep bro" low IQ turbo plebs. You know the ones, the kind of people who use the term "haters", and buzzwords like "autistic" every other sentence.

I can understand people not liking Steven Wilson
It's jsut that you act like a butthurt hater who thinks people who like SW are plebs and idiots

Grow up

>bitches about people using buzzwords
>while using buzzwords
Wow you really are a hypocrite

And you still didn't refute a single point.

>refute a single point
I don't fucking care about point scoring on the internet, you insufferable cunt.
In high school I used to take your dinner money, and now we're older I take everything else instead.

How are those "smarts" working out for you?

If you don't have anything meaningful to say then shut the fuck up.

>meaningful
All memes aside, what on earth did he mean by this?

Imagine if you could like a musician while disliking a particular line of theirs?

Impossible

You know why you are. So, please, which musicians do you consider talented and worth listening to? It should be interesting, since you think that Steven Wilson is the equivalent of Nicki Minaj and Paris Hilton. So, let's hear it.

>In high school i used to take your dinner money
Badass alert

How much of a shitstorm is there gonna be when his new album comes out?

My FB feed has been nothing but anti-Trump memes for months, even now since he's been elected.

I didn't need Steven to get me to avoid FB, the other people on that fucking site did the job for me.

Nothing? Just as I thought.

He is a natural harmonist with a great eye for composition and feel for atmosphere. These are qualities that have come from within. Having completed many musical projects Steven is a master at capturing the tense expression of his listeners. He is a brilliant composer, producing highly finished expressive melodies. Many his projects have been published after his work and have rapidly become collector’s items. He has collectors all over the world. This superb example of his work is made by the great master and is presented in pristine condition.

>17 posters
wow
Its 18 now btw

I used to like him, but my english got gooder and me cant listen to him anymore. Lyrics are on another level of bad

babbys first modern progressive rock band

I doubt that many people here are familiar with the many Canterbury scene bands. If he makes people dive into the genre, I'm all for it.

>If he makes people dive into the genre
he doesn't

I liked some of the Porcupine Tree stuff, I'm not that much into his solo stuff though.

Could you then post some entry bands then?

the beatles were nu male-ing it up a bit earlier my man

I haven't since ~2010

>You are all sheep!
Congrats on misunderstanding such a simple lyric

>I liked some of the Porcupine Tree stuff, I'm not that much into his solo stuff though.
Yes, he's popular to hate here. Such a unique opinion.

that's really not what it was about. he uses social media, he's obviously not against it. the album was indeed about isolation, but it wasn't anti-social media. the lyrics are pov, of course if you're depressed or isolated you're going to have a problem with social media, and if you're going to make an album about isolation in the 2010s it would be retarded not to mention facebook at all.

it really confuses me that this board sees the lyric as some kind of anti-facebook manifesto

I love early Porcupine Tree, but all things considered Insurgentes is probably his best album and Grace for Drowning is up there. Last two solo albums were just prog worship but even they were better than Porcupine Tree's metal era.

Who gives a shit about being unique?

steven wilson fans