Good Morning Captain is pretty much the best song of all time right?

Good Morning Captain is pretty much the best song of all time right?

Probably the best closer ever.

Don stepped outside...

Please stop posting this album. Please stop pretending it's good. Please? It's not funny anymore. I'm getting worried for you guys.

no

Besides it's in my top 5 favorite albums of all time, so I don't think I'm pretending to like it

I have major second hand embarrassment for you, man. Why would you brag about that?

>2 notes and whispering
I like plenty of first wave post-rock, Doldrums, Talk Talk, Bowery Electric, Tortoise, Bark Psychosis and so on, but this is just not good.

I'd say that song and Cortez the Killer were the first truly great post rock songs.

>major second hand embarassment
go kill urself

awfully written sentence

they invented all the musical ideas that those bands use (except talk talk)
the 2 notes stuff is completely frippian - if you can't enjoy his guitar work you're gonna have a bad time with most interesting guitar music
(who doesn't love the middle section of starless??)

>they invented all the musical ideas that those bands use
How do they sound anything alike other than Bark Psychosis having whispers?

I love KC but I don't really hear much of it iin Slint. The songs don't really feel like they're going anywhere, Starless isn't just 2notes and whispering, the 2 note-solo is just one part of the song.

Because I don't care that you don't like this album and I have enough self confidence or whatever to not be afraid to share my music taste with other people.

holy fucking shit dude

It's cause this is not "Post-rock" in the way all those other bands are. Post-rock is a stupid genre anyway, it doesn't say much if anything at all about the sound of an album.

Spiderland is so amazing cause it's so unique and will always be, watch the Breadcrumb Trail documentary to understand how this album came to be. These guys were definitely not listening to those post-rock bands. They were far beyond all that pretention.

>he thinks spiderland is post-rock
>he thinks fucking bowery electric is post-rock

>liking an album because of its history and not because you actually enjoy listening to it

genres in general don't say much about how an album actually sounds fuckwad

underrated

No, Halleluwah.

>he thinks fucking bowery electric is post-rock
Their first album clearly is post-rock, their second is a unique mix with trip-hop

I seriously can't understand how one fails to appreciate this album. It clicked with me so easily it felt natural.

>post-rock, trip hop
Don't you mean post-rock post-trip-hop?

Wow, saying 'major second hand embarrassment' is even worse than saying 'cringe'.

spiderland is post-hardcore but tamed down to rock modes; post-rock
bowery electric is electronic music admittedly, it has a lot of influences though, most notably drone and post-rock, so he's partially correct, but misleading

Best to worst songs

>Good Morning Captain
>Nosferatu Man
>Don, Aman
>Washer
>Breadcrumb Trail
>For Dinner

Washer should be above Don, Aman
Breadcrumb Trail should be above Don, Aman

man breadcrumb trail before last wut

On second thought, Washer is probably above Don Aman, I still like that song better than Breadcrumb Trail.

That was just a case of the other songs being better, it's still an amazing song.

if anything it's shoegaze

Sup Forumscore threads always get ruined by cancerous faggots that have to demonstrate what snowflakes they are for going against the grain on this site. But yeah, I completely agree, user.

This track and Spiderland in general probably has the more expressive drumming I've ever heard. Britt Walford is an inspiration, watching the documentary "Breadcrumb Trail" convinced me that he played a big role in what made this album what it is.

someone post the pic of spiderland but its the rugrats dads

Fuck you Don, Aman is GOAT