Do people in your country listen to the world service?

Do people in your country listen to the world service?

We spend a lot of money on it for you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gwsbBrvswgI
youtu.be/dEWHAbuFU1c
youtu.be/T0W0MVNF21Q
youtube.com/watch?v=al_tAAyWDeY
youtube.com/watch?v=c8aFcHFu8QM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

never

The what?

>BBC
>World Service
>BBC

No, only MOTD on BBC1/2

It's on a pay channel these days
Sorry lad, I only watch France24 because it's free

Yes, I am. On internet Radio.

The what lmao

Nobody knows it.

But my mom does watch BBC1 and 2.

Nobody does, actually nobody even knows about it.
Keep paying.

What the fuck are you on about Philip

Stop stealing our television.

It would appear to be very popular from the statistics. The English language World Service radio station has 66 million weekly listeners and BBC Global News in its various forms has a weekly audience of 108 million.

It would appear that the majority of those accessing BBC international news services are from former colonies or the Commonwealth, including Nigeria, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, but the joint highest usership of the BBC international news services is in the USA with 35 million weekly viewers (joint with Nigeria at number 1). Viewership is also high in places like Brazil (8 million per week) and Afghanistan somehow with 7 million per week. I think outside of Europe, the World Service is very popular but Europeans tend to have their own high quality services (Canal in France, RTE in Ireland, Das Erste in Germany etc) and as such have no need for BBC services.

Please put F1 back on BBC

It's intended for poor countries not rich ones

voice of reason even on npr
thank you

even trump trusts you
can go no wrong

>slimy limey propanganda

World service is mostly used by officials, diplomats and higher end business people.

>Do people in your country listen to the world service?
Yes, but only so that I get a different point of view than just American propaganda.

However BBC is clearly British oriented and pretty much British propaganda. So I still take it with a grain of salt.

no.I only watch Big Black Cock on Youtube when I want to see glastonbury's video

I do watch the news and entertainment channels as well as use the website

>However BBC is clearly British oriented and pretty much British propaganda

Of course, it's literally called the British Broadcasting corporation and it's in its remit to be as British as possible. It's why you very rarely see American or foreign made shows on its channels.

This is exactly why I find it funny people complain about Russia today having a clear Russian bias because they're perfectly fine with the world service being pro Britain and would reasonably be annoyed if it wasn't

um, russia are the bad guys though

I'm enjoying that show where Hardy walks around in a tall hat. Pretty good so far.

Never heard of it tb100%h

RT is small time compared to the BBC, especially in news - BBC News is the largest news organisation in the world.

Only when playing ETS

youtube.com/watch?v=gwsbBrvswgI

Fuck yeah

youtu.be/dEWHAbuFU1c

youtu.be/T0W0MVNF21Q

F1 + Fleetwood Mac is just really good

what the fuck even is this?

Based Fleetwood Mac.

The old Japanese F1 intro is good too.

youtube.com/watch?v=al_tAAyWDeY

>It's why you very rarely see American or foreign made shows on its channels.
Actually my beef with BBC is that since it's British it's viewpoint aligns heavily to USA's.

BBC works with NPR(american bbc) and they have a few join programs like Boston calling.

I'm not one of those who complain about RT. My complaint is that RT and the Russian media is heavily influenced by Putin where as it isn't the case in US/UK.

I wouldn't have to steal it if you guys would sell your shows to Americans. I want to buy DVD copies of stuff but they're not sold directly by the BBC, really fucking expensive second-hand and always region-locked, which is more of an annoyance than anything but still.

I actually bought a load of large style DVD cases and I've been making boot-leg Best Of's of my favorite BBC shows to put in my library. Got a fancy ink-jet and lightscribe so they look really professional. Only got about 100 lightscribe DVDs left though.

>NPR(american bbc)

God I wish. Why did we let syndicated private networks take over? Every other country in the fucking world has a strong national television network except us.

I like NPR. Not sure what's your beef with it.

Infinitely better than anything else on the radio.

>I wouldn't have to steal it if you guys would sell your shows to Americans.

After America the UK is the biggest exporter of television, and the US above everyone else imports the most from us - around £500m+ worth per year. Of course this isn't all the BBC's content.

What a brilliant performance. The hat doesn't even fall off once.

I listen to NPR mainly for BBC World Service.

Weird to think how far of a reach the bbc gets

America already has a deeply reach and cultural penetration if you had a similar scheme it would be absolutely huge and probably produce some amazing television and documentaries

Would easily be the largest television network in the world by a mile

youtube.com/watch?v=c8aFcHFu8QM