Is this the least impactful blockbuster franchise in recent memory...

Is this the least impactful blockbuster franchise in recent memory? Hardcore Trek nerds hate it and it makes peanuts compared to the average capeshit entry.

Other urls found in this thread:

theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/judaic-behaviorthemes-in-star-trek-enterprise/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Hardcore Trek nerds hate it
No they don't. Check /r/startrek or TrekBBS or Facebook Star Trek Fans group. JJTrek is mostly well-liked in the Star Trek community.

The more I learn about Star Trek Beyond, the more my hype dies.

The more I learn about Star Trek 2017, the more my hype grows (Joe Menosky just joined the writing team yesterday).

So fuck Star Trek movies. I only care about Star Trek television shows now. Star Trek is dead, long live Star Trek.

Its dumb to force already milked franchise, they are beating a dead horse and tryharding the boxoffice...
>One guy makes remake of a movie or
>revives fanchise and takes money

Next thing you see, tons of movies trying same recepie, its kinda retarded and makes people feel like sheep for sheering thats why i pirate movies to be honest

Star Trek movies have never been big blockbuster events, before the new JJ movies the most successful star trek film was the first one, and adjusted for inflation that thing didn't even make $500m. Star Trek is one of the most important and successful properties in television, not film.

As far as the impact, considering that Trek was at its lowest point ever after nemesis and enterprise was cancelled these new movies managed to revive it, get another show greenlit, and generate some excitement about the franchise. Could the films have been better? Sure. But going back and looking at the relative success and importance of star trek movies Star Trek 09 and Into Darkness are in the top 5.

>No they don't. Check /r/startrek or TrekBBS or Facebook Star Trek Fans group.
>visiting any of those places

fuck off

You know why they are calling it Star Trek Beyond, right?

because it's ' beyond ' redemption

>Check /r/startrek or TrekBBS or Facebook Star Trek Fans group. JJTrek is mostly well-liked in the Star Trek community.
Please tell me this is bait

>/r/startrek or TrekBBS or Facebook
They're slaves to the kikery that is Jew Jew Abrams teebeeaich

I'll give you Star Trek reboot but into darkness in the top 5? Nigga please

I'm sure reddit loves him, but TrekBBS sure as fuck doesn't.

I won't give either of you any of them. These films are all objectively superior to JJ Trek:

>The Motion Picture
>Wrath of Kahn
>The Voyage Home
>The Undiscovered Country
>First Contact

Daily reminder that Enterprise was the very best Star Trek series ever produced.

Because it was the most Jewish?

You're fucking high. We hate JJ Jewbrams and Orci and are starting to hate Pegg too. At the very least we HATE the Beastie Boys.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

Trek 09 was genius. Don't care what you nerds think. There were several moments that just worked even though they shouldn't have. It's what Force Awakens should have been.

It's just that Into Darkness completely killed all the momentum 09 had. And it really wasn't JJ's fault at all. The script was just so completely moronic that it was impossible to turn shit to gold. If anything JJ did the very best he could have with that shit.

Was just doing his job. So many lives would have been saved if it weren't for those meddling resistance fighters.

TrekBBS is very excited for Star Trek Beyond whether you lie about it or not. Anyone can navigate there right now and see for themselves.

Maybe.

theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/judaic-behaviorthemes-in-star-trek-enterprise/

Destroying Vulcan was full retard and Eric Bana as Nero could have been fucking epic but his motivation was completely shit. I don't care what some fucking casual, Dorito eating scrub thinks. It was a decent movie, had some great moments but it fell apart.

You had me until first contact, that movie is a steaming pile

I think it looks good. It looks like its gonna be about exploration this time.

sure
exploration
on a motorcycle
with splosions :^)

Have you seen the trailers? They explore for like 5 minutes, they get attacked, they abandon their ship because it gets destroyed, they crash on a planet in escape pods and then work with local species to try and rebuild their ship/defeat their enemy which is Idris Elba dressed up as a lizard. It doesn't look all that bad and it takes place on a planet that isn't Earth but they don't do a whole lot of exploring. Its like an extended episode which is probably a good direction for them to go in.