So why arent we better at Summer games...

So why arent we better at Summer games? We have a bigger population than Australia and other countries like the Netherlands, not that much lower than the UK and yet we are currently 20th on the medal standing.

It's not like there is a lack of talent as shown during the Winter Olympics. So what is it? Lack of funding? Do people just prefer practicing the Winter sports over the Summer ones?

Genuinely curious. We are a rich country, one of the top 10 GDP in the world, we have no reason to perform so badly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fAADWfJO2qM
youtube.com/watch?v=ID5mv5k01Ng
support.google.com/websearch/answer/134479?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You don't have summer.

Neither does the UK.

If not for based Penny and De Grasse, I would vote we just skip 2020.

SLUT

shut your bitch mouth, fucker.

Find a picture of Katie showing her ass like that. You can't because she's not a slut

Their Winters aren't nearly as bad.

Because you guys are fags

there are more gays in america than the entire population of canada

so if anyone here is gay its likely you

>We have a bigger population than Australia
a decent amount of people here would have never seen snow

cuz we don't nearly have enough corporate sponsors nor government state fund.

Is Penny the short one? How tall is the other girl?

Just won gold in high jump, that's pretty good

fags != gay

you guys don't have winner spirit

G O L D
O
L
D

no

this is slutty

athletic boys all play hockey (especially in rural/small town canada) and don't participate in other sports enough.

actually most dont anymore because the sport is simply way too costly past peewee for any lower middle class family to afford

this
basebore seems to have died a death with kids too, though for other reasons
everyone I know whose kid is 10 or younger is playing soccer, and a lot of them are taking it pretty fucking seriously, far more so than when I was that age
WC 2030, prepare your anuses world (not really but maybe we'll actually qualify)

This is the logic of a toddler: the country that has the most homosexuals is the gayest. Not taking into account that when 'gay' is used as an insult nowadays it doesn't mean 'homosexuals', it means 'pussy little whipping boys that no one respects'.

that's pretty much how it is over here yet we seem to manage alright during the olympics

even track cycling isn't big here, yet we dominate during the olympics

It's all about funding your athletes, you obviously don't fund your summer sport athletes than you fund your winter sport athletes.

>Why doesnt australia do better at winter?
>Herf GDP
>Derf population

>I'd like to speak to your manager user

yearly reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=fAADWfJO2qM

Good.
We aren't wasting tax dollars on tricking kids into thinking that there's some kind of glory in wasting your formative years training to be an UNPAID PERFORMER in a sports festival that nets the IOC brass and the corporate sponsors literally billions of dollars.
We've held the Olympics enough to know that it's just a financial con game.
I'd be happier if we finished 40th.

Man, these women are SO THIRSTY for this Alpha. Usain BOLT IS DOMINATING on court and outside (if you know what I mean, LOL).

terrible logic, milkbag

>WELL WE DIDN'T WANT TO BE A PART OF YOUR STUPID OLYMPICS ANYWAY! BAWWWWW!

"Mr. Bolt you are so handsome, talented and muscular - TAKE ME NOW!" is what all them cuties are thinking, KEK!

>tfw penny will never give you private lessons on the swimmers dougie

youtube.com/watch?v=ID5mv5k01Ng

Are you daft? Nobody gives a shit about the Summer Olympics up here.

You know collectively we care less about summer sports than winter sports. We have a longer winter than summer and who wants to train your life away on some shit like triple jump when you could be skiing?

All your athletes that can run, jump, and swim are already in the USA lmao

because we are faggots that accept mediocrity as long as >muhhockey

bro

Well that's defeatist. If that's your attitude, no wonder you do poorly.

Canada is a country of underachievers and i think your national consciousness is all fucked up from bordering us and being the same ppl

40% of Hollywood is Canadian.
LA is the third biggest Canadian city, I believe.

>beiber drake and jim carrey make up 40% of billions of 213 beaners

If you immigrate to America you aren't Canadian anymore: you're American. The only time they're still Canadian is they're French-Canadian, which they stay for always and eternity.

not my feeling at all
I just can't get invested in the Olympics, having been through several. They're literally a scam.
Read Lords Of The Rings.

>If you immigrate to America you aren't Canadian anymore: you're American
yea this, and vice versa.

I'm assuming you're not talking about the Lord of the Rings with the hairy feet, so you're gonna have to give an author.

Both are correct. Hockey is pushed on Canadian boys ridiculously early on, usually right after they turn 2-3. I hate the mentality, despite playing hockey my whole childhood.

I look forward to the day when hockey is no longer treated as the primary sport route for children, and the focus shifts to a variety of other sports and athletics. Soccer, track and field, and basketball will be forever cheap, especially compared to the ludicrous price of playing hockey (which will never stop increasing)!

I played competitive baseball from an early age as well. It's death amongst new generations is likely the worst out of any sports in Canada. Lack of diamonds, huge travel times between teams, increasing field costs, rapidly increasing travel team costs, and organizational politics have killed baseball for the most part (at least in Ontario).

We have great potential in many sports, and I really hope our soccer and basketball teams can pull through within the next 10-15 years.

Penny is the tall one. 1.85 m

>organizational politics
This is also killing minor hockey where I am. The best chance a kid has to make AAA is having their dad as a midget coordinator position

If you beat your competitors, they win...

>girls take pictures of their backs for fun
>is a usual thing girls do
>slutty

Jesus, get out of the house, fuck boy

She's pretty tall

Area codes for milkbags in LA: 323, 310, 424
+ actors + singers + writers + producers + musicians + directors

That's ridiculous. I can tell you've never lived in another country.

Hockey parents can be the most cruel and desperate people. The fact that "next season" (because of recruiting and backstabbing) starts in September-October of the current season is disgusting. Sports need less fucking politics and more training and development.

It was bad enough witnessing it as a A/AA player and older brother. I can't imagine how it will be experiencing it all again as a parent.

Belize, actually. It doesn't work for all countries, but it sure as hell works between the US and Canada.

Did anyone watch the basketball game today? Holy fuck are we bad. I watched the last few games and it was like our women's team forgot to practice shooting for 4 years. I'd hate to see how shitty our men's team is if they can't even qualify.

>I'm assuming you're not talking about the Lord of the Rings with the hairy feet, so you're gonna have to give an author.
I didn't suggest Lord of the Rings, I suggested LordS of the RingS.
You can find it here: support.google.com/websearch/answer/134479?hl=en

Make all your white kids go swimming instead of Ice Dance Slapfight.

Make your two black kids race each other on a track.

/SummerOlympics

Baseball is VERY big in Vancouver.
Much bigger than Ontario, Quebec, and Alberta (the only other provinces I've lived in).

My son (inb4 wifes son) is in tyke this year and honestly there are already parents who want to schedule scrimmages on weekday mornings and booking ice time privately for skating.

I'm already sick of it. I'd be more proud of him if he said he wanted to play tennis

you guys have a summer?

the one with the receding hairline - oh wait

they're all lon the juice, is t

Well fuck me, it was one s, it was easy to miss. I might pick it up at some point, but why even post here if you don't care about the Olympics?

You can't because Katie is humble and knows shes ugly so she just wins races and wins golds. Attractive athletes can easily do both but she stays in her lane

What do you mean?
I've lived in several countries, including yours.
I never stopped being Canadian.

I grew up athletic, knew a bunch of Olympians, lived in 4 Olympic cities.
I was a believer when I was a kid and a teen. Got red-pilled but just can't quit these games.

Then you left, which means you were no longer American. If you go there with the intent of staying, you're American.

Is there really that much sex?

Good on you for getting him active at an early age and for not buying into the extra bullshit. Letting your son explore which sports he enjoys, and how competitive he wants to be is a great decision.

No, it is a lack of talent. The Winter Olympics is inherently less competitive because a good third of the world will never see snow and will likely never come into contact with a winter sport casually, let alone choose to pursue it professionally.

but the winter games is only for wealthy countries so all of the athletes are well trained unlike most of the 3rd world shit holes that take part in the summer games so the competition level is still huge

Canada as a whole just doesn't care about the summer games and it shows, that's really all there is too it

and those same wealthy countries are competing in the summer olympics alongside the guys from "3rd world shit holes" like Bolt. More competition is objectively harder.

Do you think anybody here cares about the sports >we get gold medals in? If it's not cricket, AFL or NRL it doesn't get followed. Stop making excuses

Height really matters to many shitty sports in Olympic events.
Yes, tall in population per capita have easily advantages over gaining medals.
As far as we know volleyball needs to have certain height for winning. The tall you are, the more you get ranges to attack a ball can be more expanded as well as attack a ball above opponent's block to avoid. So do the basketball you would be able to monopoly a ball of rebound. The closer to the basket, you will be more likely to have more points.
In swimming, if you were tall guy, consequently you would have both long arms and legs, imagine if they had same muscle power, the tall person would have more likely to go onward because area of both hands and distance of arms to crawl per stoke enable to obtain more propulsive force. This basic physics applies to crappy rowing and canoe events in which bad Brit guys owned gold medals so far.
You Ameri shart in the marts, especially whito pigs basically can not have medals except for swimming.
In track events you almost disappeared, instead glorious stronk African blacks are raping every single event there.
WE Japanese are doing actually very well overall 2bh. We dominate in every different sports. Our Judokas raped weak whito pigs, hues, sandnigs, snowmonkies, kimchiroaches, yellowteeth hit and runs and etc, to dominate medals within 3rd place. We also dominated in many swimming events. Hopefully our stronk samurais and nadeshikos will gain more medals from badminton and wrestling events. We are the best Asian. Despite average of height is lower than Caucasoid, chinks can overcome by their population scale merit.
South Koreans sneakily obtained several gold medals from where no physics work I explained above which are muh Archery and muh Shooting. We Japanese are the only one Asian having TRUE souls and fight with you Caucasoid one by one to compete. I am Japanese and proud of it.

Try another round of Rosetta stone, senpai.

Lol I bet Katie v Penny will be a Williams v Sharapova type rivalry where Ledecky constantly wins over Penny yet Penny makes far more money because she's prettier and more marketable.

It's amazing we win medals in the Winter Olympics at all desu. Only two small locations here get any snow, and only the major cities have like one ice rink.

Whereas you guys should be able to participate well in all of the Summer Olympics sports

>Penny makes far more money
Actually, even with all the prestige, BLACKED.com doesn't pay very well.

too bad china is the best asian country

Nah. The best is Canada.

>You Ameri shart in the marts, especially whito pigs

OH IM DYING OVER HERE TOP FUCKING KEK

1) The population of the UK is close to double the population of Canada.
2) Canada doesn't give as much funding to Olympic training as most 1st world countries, let alone a country like the US (and presumably the UK, not sure). The vast majority of funding the government does give goes to the Winter Olympics since that is the priority in Canada.
3) Canada as a country is larger than the US but has a 10th the population. England is the size of a Great Lake. Having a spread out population hurts athletic success, as you want to be training with the best to achieve your best. That's why so many American athletes come from California or New York state, dense population = great training partners.
4) Many universities in Canada do not award full athletic scholarships. Thus achieving excellence in some track event is not a road to a higher education that the families of young adults are going to bank their future on, unlike say a HUGE number of lower income families in the US.

Tbf >we won our first because everyone in front of Bradbury fell over

All of these apply to Australia too and >we do much better

The majority of your funding goes towards the winter olympics? Why don't you perform better at the winter olympics then?

you think theres snow in australia?

hahahaha

That was the point. Australia has won 3 medals in each of the last two winter olympics while Canada has won 25 and 26. You would have to win about 10 more medals this summer to even out our medal totals for this summer and the Sochi Olympics.