What do you think the average IQ of this board is, huh?

What do you think the average IQ of this board is, huh?

>most threads are about capeshit

60 at most

What is IQ mean?

Not sure but the way people parrot others to "fit in" tells me not good.

you're being too generous

The problem is the board has a maturity level of a 10 year old.

what does a iq is ?

>le IQ is an accurate measure of intelligence meme

It is, you low IQ fucktard. Do your research.

I don't even know my own brain number

it is the best measurement of intelligence

Don't autists have a higher than average IQ because it's about identifying patterns and other autistic stuff?

I'm surprised Rust is popular given how much of a fedora tipper he is

nah his character got plenty of stick for that too. He just has some good quotable lines.

I'd say it's in the double digits
Not because of me, I'm a fucking genius, but too many autistic subhumans and normalfags lower it.

He wasn't.
?

Hilarious joke answer: 70
Real estimation: between 100 and 110 (average)

>capeshit
>progressive redditcucks

I'd say 80-85.

Most autists are below average intelligence. It's only that when they are above average they skyrocket with that.
> identifying patterns and other autistic stuff
>other autistic stuff
jesus christ

you also have to utilize it in problem solving and most autists cant even work an oven

>le lazy, imprecise rejection of IQ as a measurement of intelligence meme

it's not tho

Bridget Regan posters average at 135

not gonna speak for anyone else but I genuinely think my IQ is about 90 based on my ability to retain what people say to me and my general attention span

>Actually believing that intelligence can be measured in numbers

What's with the recent surge in Rust posting?

dat steven fry show man

this. something as sublime as intelligence can only be measured in song and mayhap in dance as well

t. sub-80 knucklehead

Fuck off you cuckold you.

It somewhat can be. There's a reason why high IQ individuals have an easier time studying let's say mathematics and physics. Having a high IQ does not mean you won't be a total wanker though, social intelligence isn't something that can be measured with it.

IQ tests are fucking retarded and have no merit in the real world. I'm sure I make more as a mechanical engineer than some fucking dweeb who can score high on a test

>social intelligence

Use whatever phrase you want.

nigger detected

its ok senpai, you can always vote for bernie and blame the white man for tryna put ya down

cute!

The problem is that "intelligence" means something different for everyone, and thus can not be measured in a way that the public appreciates.

There certainly are enough retards with academic credentials.

This is really just a semantic point. "Intelligence" may not be the best word to use to describe what IQ measures.

It measures abstract reasoning ability, and in turn, is a good or very good indicator of potential for academic and professional success, as long as other factors like work ethic, emotional maturity, etc. aren't too lacking.

That is, if you score low or average on IQ tests, you can't be a lawyer, doctor, engineer, scientist, etc. You lack the necessary reasoning skills, regardless of how "mature" or hardworking you may be. The fact that some people with high IQs may not achieve much or have inadequacies other than abstract reasoning ability is beside the point.

And practically, do you want to work in a building designed by "engineers" with IQs of 100 or 90, or take advice from a "doctor" with an IQ of 100? No. That would be retarded, although it's technically impossible.

>the IQ meme
whatever, 70 same as forest gump

>do you want to work in a building designed by "engineers" with IQs of 100 or 90, or take advice from a "doctor" with an IQ of 100?

Those numbers mean nothing to me. I've met enough people in those professions who were utter idiots, and enough high-school dropouts who were very intelligent. I don't give a shit that some test, designed in cryptic ways, says they can reason better, when I have proof against this everywhere I go.

>I've met

yawn

>I'm surprised Rust is popular given how much of a fedora tipper he is
You just explained why he is popular

>proof they can't reason

Smart people make bad decisions all the time. It doesn't mean they don't have a higher natural reasoning ability than others.

Also, these things you call "stupid" might only be so from your subjective perspective. Most everything is an opinion. If they said 2+2=10, sure, that's actually stupid, but these vague things you talk about that make engineers and doctors you've met "stupid" might not actually be.

It's pretty much a consensus that IQ correlates highly with academic and professional potential. I'm not really sure why there's always a few on some crusade against it. Although it's true that it's imprecise to say it's the equivalent of "intelligence" whatever you take that to mean.

>do you want to work in a building designed by "engineers" with IQs of 100

Sure. Buildings aren't built by one person. Work ethic determines everything. A team of 200 IQ engineers will not design you a better house if they simply do not give a shit. And it hardly matters if your doctor has an IQ of 100 or 150, both of them would need to go through the same diagnosis checklist and both of them would come to the same conclusions having studies the exact same thing.

>brainlet thinks his 110 IQ is insignificant because he makes money
No amount of money can buy intellectual supremacy. Go make me a toaster, monkey

>I'm not really sure why there's always a few on some crusade against it.

Because, as you said, it provides a skewed measure of intelligence and provides a false label for people at large. This kind of binary, simplistic thinking that rates people by a simple number is the opposite of intelligence, and is just a bad system for measurement of it.

100, no one here is exactly going to be splitting the atom.

If IQ is a measure of someones intelligence, why is it you can improve your score by practice?

85, maybe?
seems most people here unemployed and uneducated

If you can properlly define it, you probably can

Because even a tard brain can improve with some practice. It will never reach mensa level however.

I have no idea what mine is. Probably whatever is average. 95-105 maybe.

But i thought intelligence is static and the IQ test actually tests intelligence.

well considering I have an IQ of close to 1000 I assume this board is relatively high

the iq isn't that bad

but this place is full of 14,15, and 16 year olds

physically, mentally ,or both

>intelligence is static

Not really. There's some wiggle room. Not a whole lot however.

>seems most people here unemployed and uneducated

Like half of MENSA?

it's like any other part of your body, if you exercise it a lot you can get better (studying/reading/problem solving games), but if you dont put it through any effort it'll get worse (doing fuck all anything every day)

Very low

The number is usually inconsistent on a very slight level every time you take it, but you're never going to jump to genius level if you're sitting on an 80 IQ. You can study for the test and experience a short-term bump in your score, but a long-term gain in one's IQ are extremely rare.

IQ tests are one of the most reliable psychological tests available, much more so than personality tests or measurements of attitude, because a person's score is generally the same across time.

You can't improve it *that much.*

e.g., there are studies of identical twins raised in low-income homes and others in high-income homes. Even after 10 and 20 years of allegedly superior education and home life, the twin in the high-income environment will score only 5-10 points higher.

Education and hard work only affect your natural intelligence so much, and it seems often not much.

Well I have an IQ of 150 so that counts for something.

70-80