Warcraft flop incoming

Dawn of vidyakino my ass.

Don't get your hopes up for sequels.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft-second-weekend-international-box-office-results-me-before-you-1201767383/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>let's spend 400m on a VIDEO GAME movie about an MMORPG only fucking nerds play that was popular 10 years ago

it only need 400M WW to make profit and it will happen easily
China will make 300M alone, Europe+rest of the world might pass 100M, US should make just below 100M.

domestic BO will be really disappointing most likely but international will carry it

needs to pass 500M to guarantee sequel and it's possible, internationally it's doing exceptionally well

>about an MMORPG
Warcraft is based on the rts game and novels :^)

>only need 400M
More like 700 to just break even

>americucks mattering

we're already at 55 million something.

No he's right.

Warcraft saved a huge lot on marketing to make up for the production costs.

400 million is largely sufficient for a sequel.

I just hope it isn't crowd pandering like the books ended up turning in to.

>REMEMBER THIS PLACE? YOU CAN GO HERE IN THE GAME OMG!!! ITS THE SAME ~~~~!!!!!!

>LOK'tar

>crowd cheers

Wow 55 million over 2 whole weeks! A capeshit movie would have made quadruple that in a weekend.

its true

they saved a bunch on effects by using in game footage

>yfw this movie has bad rating because normies don't get it

which even less people have played/read

55 million in those markets are great you retarded faggot

Fucking foreigners.

total budget is below 160M, marketing was costly only in china

>China will make 300M alone
And they will keep 250M.

they should have made a warhammer movie

Actually it's not.

Deadpool was banned in China and it made 130mil international when it opened. 30 million international is about what Gods of Egypt made.

>making a film based off of warcraft 1 when they could have started with 2 instead

Will you kys when this thing gets a sequel?

The desperation is real kek.

Honestly, if they kept to the WC1/2 canon and tossed out the cartoony garbage and retconning from 3 and WoW they could have made a decent fantasy film.

This movie sucked because Blizzard sucks.

55 million overseas isn't really great

i really hope it underperforms in China just so all the faggots going on about it have to eat shit

it's a real possibility. WoW isn't nearly as big there as it used to be and it was never the Warcraft property, characters, or lore that made it big. if that were the case you'd expect Heroes of the Storm to have had more traction in China

>posting some video game shit instead of glorious 28mm minis
Sup Forums needs to leave

If it gets 400, we will have a sequel.

Don't talk until you know how the box office works.

I'm sure Americans will eat it up regardless of what kind of garbage it is.

Angry Birds was the true dawn of vidyakino.

>55 million overseas isn't really great
what
>Not counted all countries
>Haven't added numbers since 29th-31th of May

I was at a data conference in Boston this week. The head of Legendary Films' marketing analytics group was talking about the strategies they are using to promote this film over others.

Hollywood segments the population into four groups, under 35/over 35 and male/female. They then saturate marketing to hit 100% of the population to drive awareness to aim for 15-20% attendance. Legendary Films is trying a new approach to target the masses bottom up, trying to figure out who is the 15-20% who is actually going to see the movie.

I am just going to toss the notes from his presentation now.

What if his notes are Valid but the film's traction is being hurt by the review scores?

please don't kill yourself, marvelcuck

Warcraft has always been cartoony. Didn't we just have fucking 3 dark gritty hobbit films? We don't need a 4th one.

Clearly didn't see the film

The goal of marketing is to make you want to see it, regardless of whatever anyone else says. The marketer's words are the only ones you should care about. If you do your job correctly, you could 'sell ice cubes to an eskimo'. A failure rate is to be assumed, but they managed to sell that shitty Avatar and Star Wars film to billion dollar success.

Explanation of the $69 million figure in OP:

deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft-second-weekend-international-box-office-results-me-before-you-1201767383/

Most people don't really know what Warcraft is, every teenage girl wanted to see some Legolas though

it's going to break records, we're getting a franchise, find something else to hate on you sad children

How do we solve the foreign box office problem?

The problem is the US market, Warcraft is number 1 all over Europe.

There are literally millions of Frenchmen in black turtle necks queueing up to see this then over a glass of wine proclaiming it to be le greatest kinéma they have ever seen.

>french loving gay shit

not surprising

Is this film not out in the US or something? I saw it today and you're pretty much on. It does very little to establish Azeroth beyond a generic fantasy kingdom and has characters talk about shit with made up names an awful lot.

The orcs were the most interesting part of the film, and Duratan is largely overshadowed by the humans and the guardian for screen time in the end.